Hayne and Cummins Grand Final Match Performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
3 mins
DCE kicks, Pearce clearly knocks on, refs call play on.

11 mins
Foran tackled by Pearce, gets up, Pearce sneakily knocks ball out, knock on called, penalty should have been awarded to Manly.

27 mins
Buhrer penalised for stripping ball after ball comes loose at initial point of contact. Can almost live with this penalty, but just an example of a 50/50 call that didn’t go our way.

30 mins
JWH clearly knocks on the ball with no interference from Manly. Even worse, he head butts Horo. How on earth did they get a penalty out of that?

33 mins
Ballin does not tackle Pearce late. Penalty to Pearce after he kicks Ballin in the head.

39 mins
Jennings plays at Lyon kick that goes into touch. Should be a last minute raid for Manly, but refs miss it.

5 big calls go against us in the first half. We complete 12/14 (should have been 13/14 if we get a penalty for the Foran/Pearce strip). They complete 12/18 with 6 errors. We made 1 line break and they didn’t make any and they missed more tackles.

With stats like those, we should have been in front by plenty. But they had 57% of the ball and we had to make an extra 40 tackles in what must have been the hottest grand final night ever; it was 28 degrees in the second half.

The first half referee decisions killed us in the end. No wonder they were in a good position to finish strong.

51 mins
Jake Friend tackles DCE late after kick and no penalty awarded to us.

62 mins – the killer decision!
Forward pass from Maloney to Minichello to take the lead 20-18.

71 mins
Jennings does not hold his ground as a blocker and backs into Lyon who was running through for a bomb. No penalty given.

72 mins
Jennings given a penalty after he is tackled by DCE for God knows what.

Throw into the mix no offside penalties or holding down penalties all night.

GAME OVER and Manly royally done over by the refs.

It looks like one journo isnt blind - http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/string-of-refereeing-shockers-cloud-epic-nrl-grand-final-between-roosters-and-manly/story-fndujljl-1226733886204

Cummins wasn't that bad tonight. It was Shayne Hayne who was stinking up the joint out there. Seriously, if he is the best referee the NRL has.....

Sure we led 18-8 and we had our chances, but the Chooks (just like Souff$ at Gosford) were piggy backed out of trouble by Shayne Hayne's biased reffing (even Roy Masters said he was biased out there, and the man who started the "Fibros vs Silvertails" class war is no fan of Manly).

Though I don't think anything will change. The report from Daniel Anderson will probably say that Hayne, Cummins, and the touchies did a good job, and IMO only Cummins can come close to that assessment. Its like the blind leading the blind with Anderson. And people thought Harrigan was crap.....

And Harrigan was crap.
He said in his book that serial offenders should just be penalised if it's a 50/50 call.
Unfortunately he passed his thoughts and traits to the other "Hollywood Tanned Golden Boy," Shayne Hayne.

Yep, Hayne certainly went into this game with a mindset.

I am in the UK at present and could only listen. Why were we marched another 10m? Was that Hayne? Why should anyone be marched another 10 in a game like that? Hayne did that in July against the Bulldogs at Brookie, lost us that game too. Maybe it is the sore loser in me but why do we seem to be on the rough end of all the fifty -fifty calls?

Real Deal said:
Maybe it is the sore loser in me but why do we seem to be on the rough end of all the fifty -fifty calls?

The key question of it all. I dont think anyone has the answer except the 2 ref's out there. Its baffling how bad the standard of officiating was tonight

This mob of refs are the worst in history of the game, we had our chances and can't blame the refs for losing - it doesn't excuse the pathetic effort by Hayne whose continual 'stuff ups' are an embarrassment if he is the best ref in the game today.

I was on the 40 meter line last night and the amount of Rooster forward passes alone that were missed was disgraceful, one of which lead directly to a try. I don't want to be a bad sport and blame the refs but its damb hard when the level of refereeing is so low.

I'm starting to find it pretty hard to put all these "stuff ups" down to the referees being incompetent idiots and the alternative is depressing...

torana355 said:
I was on the 40 meter line last night and the amount of Rooster forward passes alone that were missed was disgraceful, one of which lead directly to a try. I don't want to be a bad sport and blame the refs but its damb hard when the level of refereeing is so low.

Damn straight

The refs need an overhall. Last night Hayne just continued on what he has been doing all season, dud calls, Dogs at home, pot plant penalty in golden point, Souths at Gosford when he just gave them a way out as soon as we pinned them in their own half and last night missing the things that have been mentioned.

We have 2 video refs who are up there and miss things like a player playing at the ball, missing blocking from kicks, a blatant forward pass in the lead up to a try.

The refs need help, for 90 years refs used their instinct now they just outsource decisions to incompetent officials, we see a game each week decided by dud calls.

Just had a look on the Chookpen forum and alot of them can't believe they got so many calls go their way, they were in shock when JWH headbutted but they still got the penalty. Another poster simply said "almost every call went our way"

SBW best signing of the year? No way, it was Shayne Hayne. I reckon the Roosters will have trouble keeping him. How long have they got him signed for?
The offers are going to come flooding in now he's a GF winner....
Oh hang on, that's right, he's not included under the cap...

It appeared that Hayne had taken a bag full of cash from a wealthy Roosters supporter in that first half, so evident were his efforts to ensure they weren't blown off the field.

We could have had 20 on them by halftime the way we were going.

Here's a link to a photo of the Jennings NO TRY!!!! :huh:

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/michael-jennings-of-the-roosters-scores-a-try-during-the-news-photo/183253566

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6