Have the front row left a massive hole??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In relation to the topic itself;

The performance of our props will determine if we are a top 4 or just a top 8 team. I have high hopes for Starling and Jake. Despite his age, I think Jake will be ready if the coaches are willing (or forced) to throw him in. His effort, character, stats & rep selection mark him as a great player but he also passes the 'eyeball test'. When he came on in that game last year and took his first hit up he didn’t just tuck the ball under his arm to try and make sure he didn’t drop it. He successfully offloaded in the first tackle!

Despite his age and limitations that have been discussed on here over the years, I think we really need Kingy to avoid further injury and be the hard headed forward leader this year. His ruck defence, while not as good as Kitey’s, is a strength. Combined with his leadership and some controlled mongrel he still has something to offer this team over the next two years, especially the younger props.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/SeneLefao-out-to-impress-Toovey/89511

Jesse Sene-Lefao is big enough to be a prop - Jake I feel will need another year before he is ready for NRL full time.

I really liked Jesse the few times he played in an injury riddled year :angel:

Now that he and his family are living locally, we can look forward to a long term Brookie Favourite :)

Bradza said:
Eagle Rock said:
That is your opinion and If you want to have a go at my Capitalization, first learn how to spell the word, trying to educate you on using Grammar. 5 Clubs were actually after Fabs, but he got a better deal at Rugby, he would've been perfect for NSW Cup. Manly performing financially ? Do you work in their finance Dept. ? If they win the 9s Comp. This will help them a lot. You don't have to read my posts. I am not really interested what you think. You just want to Criticize, Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion, that's what makes it interesting and you don't have to agree, we all want to see Manly do well.

Greetings Eagle Rock

I did play the man rather than the ball with the grammar jibe and for that I apologise (as opposed to apologize). I have never seen such a random approach to the use of capitals before and I do genuinely find it entertaining. I know, I need to get out more.http://www.silvertails.net/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif

You are indeed correct, everyone on here is entitled to an opinion and you have certainly thrown a lot of them up in a short space of time. Some I have found interesting and on other occasions I’ve felt like challenging your views but have held back. Your description of Fabian as ‘the Best halfback going around’ seemed over the top to me so I said so – just another opinion. Best not to be too sensitive about it though.

Please keep your input going even though you are not interested in what I think. We can definitely agree that we all want to see Manly do well.

By the way, capitalisation can be spelt with an ‘s’ (English) or ‘z’ (U.S.) but I generally prefer to go with the English approach. ;)
Regarding Fabs as the best halfback going around, at junior level, the halves at the Tigers are very good. I was not referring to Tooves as he was the best and the toughest, Tom Raudonikis was tough and dirty lol. But Tooves was my pick and wasn't referring to any 1st grade player either. There are not many good halfbacks around at the moment and this is the area where I think manly will struggle and maybe in the Props department, Fabs would be the icing on the cake for NSW cup as they have no one else, Yes he is small, but he is a ball of muscle, he is quick, he is a great defender and through Rugby can kick but can play as a hooker and five eighth roll just as well and he is a Rugby Representative. Maybe he might switch over later.
Just for you Bradza, I have also tried my heart out not to over capitalize, capitalise, how am I going, it is hard ???

Don't change Eagle Rock! I never wanted you to change that, it was just a light hearted jibe from a grammar fiend (nxzi is banned - interesting!).

Go back to the random capitals or else I'll have to start a petition.

Bradza said:
Don't change Eagle Rock! I never wanted you to change that, it was just a light hearted jibe from a grammar fiend (nxzi is banned - interesting!).

I like your style

Bradza said:

To tell you the truth, I never noticed the random capitalisation/capitalization of Eagle Rock's posts until you pointed them out. Now I can't help but notice them. Thanks Bradza :s

Jethro said:
Bradza said:

To tell you the truth, I never noticed the random capitalisation/capitalization of Eagle Rock's posts until you pointed them out. Now I can't help but notice them. Thanks Bradza :s

Sad won't do them anymore ...

Eagle Rock said:
… this is the area where I think manly will struggle and maybe in the Props department,
You can still use a capital for Manly, lol

ER don't mind the friendly spelling and grammar wardens patrolling here on occasion, the main thing is if we can understand what you're saying. So stick to your Guns!

(But be careful if you go to the USA, they still have capital punishment over there.)

The fact that this is a big question mark for our team highlights the poor level of sports journalism in this country. Surely any league journo could see that the players let go were no longer offering the quality they used to in their peak.

At the same time they fail to really investigate the players brought in to replace them. The youth movement started this season is going to be a real positive for us in a few years. Quality young props who will be instilled with the Manly culture led by Kingy who is surely desperate for a ring.

Just my two cents though.

Eagle Rock said:
Jethro said:
Bradza said:

Don't change your writing style just because of a few comments about the way that you write. I know for a fact that it doesn't really bother me with the random capitals. Just don't start writing all of your posts in CAPITALS AS THEN IT DOES GET VERY ANNOYING AS IT IS LIKE SOMEONE IS YELLING AT YOU THROUGH THE COMPUTER SCREEN EVEN THOUGH THEY AREN'T :p

Jethro said:
Eagle Rock said:
Jethro said:
Bradza said:

Don't change your writing style just because of a few comments about the way that you write. I know for a fact that it doesn't really bother me with the random capitals. Just don't start writing all of your posts in CAPITALS AS THEN IT DOES GET VERY ANNOYING AS IT IS LIKE SOMEONE IS YELLING AT YOU THROUGH THE COMPUTER SCREEN EVEN THOUGH THEY AREN'T :p

Just a habbit, hahah I know, cheers

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Eagle Rock said:
… this is the area where I think manly will struggle and maybe in the Props department,

ER don't mind the friendly spelling and grammar wardens patrolling here on occasion, the main thing is if we can understand what you're saying. So stick to your Guns!

(But be careful if you go to the USA, they still have capital punishment over there.)

Capital punishment.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Eagle Rock said:

Cheers, I get into the habit, try to be make it clearer. lol

globaleagle said:
TokyoEagle said:
While we are discussing capitals, what is the capital of Lithuania ?

Vilnius.

tick.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4