Have I officially become a Manly tragic?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I just realised this today. I live 400km away from Sydney, yet I was there to see Manly's last game of 2005 (the debacle against the Eels) and will be there in two weeks when they have their first real hit out of 2006.

What strange malady is this that you organise life around Manly's schedule?

Maybe Groggo should send you a membership applciation for the Rockers

Manly tragics are the best kind Mata. We eat, drink and sleep Manly. And we know that our Club is better than any other. Anyway, if you really think about it, what else is there really to do?....

You were always a Manly tragic, you just tried to disguise it with your vitriolic comments regarding the club & team. Some where warranted, many were not, but that is another arguement.

I must admit I have been somewhat confused by your posts this year, the majority of them if not all have been positive in content. Even when Chuck Wood had a valid complaint against a Leagues Club employee when he renewed his membership you responded not in the manner to which I have become accustomed.

To be honest, this new Matabele approach has me concerned. Is their an ulterior motive, are you plotting some fanatical revenge or even have you moved to the non dark side?

You were always a Manly tragic, you just tried to disguise it with your vitriolic comments regarding the club & team. Some where warranted, many were not, but that is another arguement.

I must admit I have been somewhat confused by your posts this year, the majority of them if not all have been positive in content. Even when Chuck Wood had a valid complaint against a Leagues Club employee when he renewed his membership you responded not in the manner to which I have become accustomed.

To be honest, this new Matabele approach has me concerned. Is their an ulterior motive, are you plotting some fanatical revenge or even have you moved to the non dark side?
hahahah im sure pete if we lose a few games early on the vengeful Mata will be back with us :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ever heard of giving a guy a 2nd chance. Pete or cliffy - are the Rocker application in the mail to Matabele yet?

Ever heard of giving a guy a 2nd chance. Pete or cliffy - are the Rocker application in the mail to Matabele yet?

I am sure if Matabele made application it would be dealt with fairly and equitably. As a now borderline Manly tragic he may well be surpised, just like he has surprised regular readers of this forum in recent weeks.

There's no doubt that Mata was always a tragic.

I can't wait for the day Mata says "I bet you wouldn't say that comment to his face" after a poster bags King for another sub par performance :)

I think this site is being a lot more positive.....including my negative old self.

No offence but if this website was all positive comments I wouldn't frequent it- how boring would that be.
Get real- this site is about open, mostly intelligent discussion and if it was all patting the club we love on the back it would be bloody stupid and be quite distanced from the real world- credit where credit is due and criticism when it is due- that sounds fair to me. Being Manly supporters we are well within our rights to do that! As far as who is the most loyal supporter and true supporters wouldn't criticise the club blah blah blah- this is a website and anyone who brings that into a discussion is dropping it down to schoolboy crap.
How would any body know who is the most loyal supporter and really who cares. The fact that people have gone to the trouble to register on a Manly fans website should be enough to validate them as a true fan and what gives anyone the right to say otherwise.
Confused by Matabele's posts- they are his opinions and sometimes these opinions vary from subject to subject, get over it and take things as they come.

PJ, as I do not use the emoticons I can assure you my tongue was firmly planted in cheek when I made those comments.

I have had many a joust with Matabele, most along the lines of good cop/bad cop, I will leave it to you to figure out who played which role. We generally have differing views on most topics but I can assure you that I must assuredly undertsand this different perspective that Silvertails allows.

I guess my intended humour in the original post did not show in the way in which it was intended.

[quote author=Corso_Pete]

No offence but if this website was all positive comments I wouldn't frequent it- how boring would that be.
Get real- this site is about open, mostly intelligent discussion and if it was all patting the club we love on the back it would be bloody stupid and be quite distanced from the real world- credit where credit is due and criticism when it is due- that sounds fair to me. Being Manly supporters we are well within our rights to do that! As far as who is the most loyal supporter and true supporters wouldn't criticise the club blah blah blah- this is a website and anyone who brings that into a discussion is dropping it down to schoolboy crap.
How would any body know who is the most loyal supporter and really who cares. The fact that people have gone to the trouble to register on a Manly fans website should be enough to validate them as a true fan and what gives anyone the right to say otherwise.
Confused by Matabele's posts- they are his opinions and sometimes these opinions vary from subject to subject, get over it and take things as they come.
[/quote]

lol, you thought he was serious

Yeah sorry if I got the bull by the horns, to be honest I'm really hungover ( :drunk: ) and struggling big time so it doesn't take much to get me on my soapbox.
I still stand by my comments but sorry if it all seemed directed at you :)

Corso I knew your statement was meant to be humorous.

But PJ's comment is fair for the now minority of supporters who cannot get over the fact that support of a club can also include constructive criticism.

the only reason i visit this place is that it isnt the sickly sweet dive that the MSE forums are. That place makes me sick at times.

Byso I agree. I also contend that not only can support include constructive criticism, It SHOULD include it.

Blindly following the party line does no good to anyone.

Funnily enough the club seems to be implementing some of the constructive solutions put forward by this site during its 18 months of life.

I think we can hang our hat on that.

I'm actually just enjoying the footy more since I started being a bit more positive...
It breaths freshness back into my hobby..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6