[Resurrected] Yukon, Hat Kon, we all Kon!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone keen on seeing my holiday snaps ?
IMG_8759.jpg

In all seriousness though ,I think my next holiday will be in Eastern Europe. Those pics looked amazing .
Will have to get some pointers from you when I start planning....

In all seriousness though ,I think my next holiday will be in Eastern Europe. Those pics looked amazing .
Will have to get some pointers from you when I start planning....

Pffft, I will never talk to you again because you gave me a dislike! @:cry::p@:po_O@:blush::sweating:

lol joking (obv) Happy to help! :)

Last edited:
VXsKjgq.jpg

ge: Fine, you can go to Europe as well....if it'll shut ya up!!!!!

:mad::mad:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes::airplane::france::germany::skis::mountaincableway:

That's right folks. We're back! The down side on receiving a second hat is that sometimes you get a whiny one! It's not getting the full treatment like earlier though. First in best dressed I say!

Over to you....hat.

I'm a damn security risk?????!!!!!! They opened up my safe place and violated me! And all I got out of it was a 'sorry, not sorry' notice from the T.S.friggen A!!
Bastards!

z693kJ1.jpg

I'm not whiny! First, a quick stop in Stockholm, Sweden. Apologies to @cava2323 but we only stayed a night. Walking around ge didn't even take pics with me in them....'just in case cava walks past' he said.

So here's two pics to prove...... Stockholm!

TJ4yr9H.jpg

FHjEhZI.jpg

After much discussion that pics without me in them are useless, ge agreed to take one on the morning we left. Things is...we left in the dark!

Now I dunno what that big moon like blob is in the pic...crappy camera I suppose. There was a nude swede behind ge, but I didn't want to tell him and disturb his photography efforts.

TXS8Ysd.jpg

Then it was off to the airport. A quick trip to Oslo, Norway; another flight to Munich, Germany; then a car hire to get into Austria....well so I'm told as I was put into a bloody suitcase for that part. A suitcase! Like a common piece of clothing! I can't type anymore at the moment, I'm so disgusted!

Last edited:
I can't leave it like that....that pic with me in it is gross!

Austria: We stayed in a medieval town called 'Kitzbuhel.' Amongst other things it is famous for one friggen scary as downhill alpine ski race.

On the Hahnenkamm mountain and on the Streif slope the toughest downhill race is held here. Pure terror- it is 'the Superbowl' of the racing circuit. There was no snow on it when we were there but we the took a gondola up and walked down the course. (2.5hrs for what they do in 2mins.) Incredible. This run is so very very steep.

The town: 'Get outta the way dopey!' - sheesh
7kpJYdx.jpg

Kitzbuhel: Shot two!
VJm0JO0.jpg

EC865LU.jpg

The view from our room: As you can see, we're so close to the gondola that the price for that room skyrockets to approx 1500 euros on the downhill ski race weekend. Needless to say it was a lot cheaper when we were there!
oUVXeZ8.jpg

more of me!
WXmRZxk.jpg

We took a gondola up to the top of the mountain. It was pretty sweet.
N2PECps.jpg

OPPZEpk.jpg

Before walking down the course....We went for stroll further up the mountain...to get some divine inspiration for the trip 'down mountain.'
37kbF7L.jpg

Then.....the course!

Love Eastern Europe, 40 years of being a travel agent saw me visit most of it, just a few spots left, any chance Hat could do a trip to Latvia @globaleagle ??

Some pretty spots in Ukraine as well but the bastards there are at war now so maybe give it a miss for a bit.

Otherwise great work hat.

I think it's still trying to recover from your friend and her 'blondes prefer beanies' sign!!!

Beanie was jealous of hat until I told him that when not getting his photo taken, hat had to sit on your head.

PS( I didn't get beanie back ... she still has him. I don't think he is in any hurry to return.)

Good morning Ladies and Gerbils.....

I've spoken about the Hahnenkamm enough. Time for some pics!

This is inside the actual start hut. IN close to three seconds skiers are travelling at 100+kph as they head down and to the left of that viewing platform.
iafzkTE.jpg

Here I am sitting on the path you can see in the pic (above.)
F6QEYFO.jpg

Okay, you've survived the first 'little' section. Now, at over 100kph you head over the 'mouse fall' It is an 83 degree slope (remember....90 is straight down.) The skiers fly off this. It's the quickest 'test' off all courses. Top right of pic...you can see the viewing platform from the earlier pic.

PRx3GRy.jpg

A view from the top of the 'mouse fall.'
N8k0h1T.jpg

Steep....steep....steeeeeeep

c3EUXKV.jpg

Aussies everywhere!
7hUEfA9.jpg

It was about here the ge realised he's a little wuss and hanging onto the slope was hard enough without taking pics every few hundred metres! So he took a pic of the map of the run and asks you to use your imagination!
6LmOz9w.jpg

But he thought you deserved another pic of more than steep dirt!

NXoEKoN.jpg

'World cup' first used here. 1966.

T4faS7h.jpg

rP1n7jN.jpg

zOX0At5.jpg

Now it doesn't all go well during that race. Here's a vid or two. You can find heaps more on youtube...but attn span issues and all that!

Kitzbuhel and the Hahnenkamm. It's inspiring and terrifying.

Last edited:
Love Eastern Europe, 40 years of being a travel agent saw me visit most of it, just a few spots left, any chance Hat could do a trip to Latvia @globaleagle ??

Some pretty spots in Ukraine as well but the bastards there are at war now so maybe give it a miss for a bit.

Otherwise great work hat.

My apologies Mr from Brisbane, I forgot to answer your question!

Er....my slave's (ge) mother in law went to Riga (Latvia) recently and quite enjoyed it. As I demand to only fly business class (ge can travel cattle class for all I care) Latvia may take awhile. It looks nice though.

Closest I (or one of my predecessors) has been is Tallin, Estonia.

:)

:tophat::tophat:

My apologies Mr from Brisbane, I forgot to answer your question!

Er....my slave's (ge) mother in law went to Riga (Latvia) recently and quite enjoyed it. As I demand to only fly business class (ge can travel cattle class for all I care) Latvia may take awhile. It looks nice though.

Closest I (or one of my predecessors) has been is Tallin, Estonia.

:)

:tophat::tophat:
I travelled around Eastern Europe quite a bit in the Cold War days pre 1990. Some good memories, but a few close calls.

I can't leave it like that....that pic with me in it is gross!

Austria: We stayed in a medieval town called 'Kitzbuhel.' Amongst other things it is famous for one friggen scary as downhill alpine ski race.

On the Hahnenkamm mountain and on the Streif slope the toughest downhill race is held here. Pure terror- it is 'the Superbowl' of the racing circuit. There was no snow on it when we were there but we the took a gondola up and walked down the course. (2.5hrs for what they do in 2mins.) Incredible. This run is so very very steep.

The town: 'Get outta the way dopey!' - sheesh
7kpJYdx.jpg

Kitzbuhel: Shot two!
VJm0JO0.jpg

EC865LU.jpg
You took hat to the Brothel Barn!?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4