Hate to put a dampener on things but

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Can our club please sort themselves out. I dont expect to be informed of the ongoing nature of player contract negotiations etc but when we sign a player can we have a little bit of professionalism.

We have Toovey in the press today saying its a done deal
We have Perry on facebook etc claiming its not a done deal.

How about we show outsiders that we have at least some idea of what the **** we are doing!!

If he has signed, call a press conference and announce it properly, from the CEO's mouth with the player sitting next to him.

I rekon it has something to do with Foran wanting to tell Des first so they are delaying it. Fu* Des Foran can still tell him to his face and explain but surely the club you are signing for and your mates come first??

** Haz, if that type of language is to be used it requires better camouflage. **

im happy about Foran but concerned about the huge amount of money we used for two players. Im sure we will lose our depth from this.

I just hope it's not another false report like when the dog left the DT OR SMH had him signed with us only to find out later that he'd signed with the dogs.

And those slagging hasler and crusher in the other posts wonder why they went to the dogs.

Terry-Randal said:
im happy about Foran but concerned about the huge amount of money we used for two players. Im sure we will lose our depth from this.

Keep your spine and the depth will sort itself out. Look at the storm as the perfect example. They have lost a heap of players but kept the 1,7 and 9 and they are undefeated. Brett Stewart should be the next player Manly look to re-sign IMO.

tookey said:
And those slagging hasler and crusher in the other posts wonder why they went to the dogs.

Toovey always speaks his mind so I'm not too worried about that but if Manly have signed Foran then the COO has done his job. Signing up both halves long-term they deserve credit. It doesn't sound as bad as the dog made it out to be.

Foran has probably told the club he is staying, and probably told Toovs direct. Thats good enough for those blokes. As for Perry, he knows he needs a signature and they probably havent just sorted through the formalities so to him its not a done deal.

It is a shame as it could have been a great PR opp (look at how the Cronk deal was announced i.e. press conference, positive brand endorsement)

Lets hope we can still get some decent milage out of this

The attempt to lure Foz prematurely has backfired on Des face imo.
The media attention after it was apparent there was an approach way back in 2011, has made things very awkward to negotiate smoothly without creating massive public uproar.
It was planned to go that way & sometimes when dealing in an underhanded way your hand gets caught in the cookie jar...
As I see it theses no dampener here & after tieing up the best young halves combo in my lifetime I am stoked.
Ppl talk about building a team around young guns - well here they are.....enjoy

Masked Eagle said:
As for Perry, he knows he needs a signature and they probably havent just sorted through the formalities so to him its not a done deal.

Yep, it's a done deal when the cheques been banked and it is now cleared... until then, it's only heresay.

I don't think that either Tooves or Perry would have said anything, especially after the recent 'wall of silence', if they weren't quite sure they'd gotten their man and that he and his manager were happy with that information being made public.

What's the bet the bullbogs came back with an even higher offer which caused shock waves with the manly board.
Putting negotiations on hold ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8