Hate to admit it but.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Rothfield has it 100% right. As rare as that is.

This from yesterday's telecrap.

"THE NRL draw is in - some clubs scored, some got slammed. We check out the biggest winners and losers in the 2014 fixture.

WINNERS

BRONCOS

Who else? Channel 9 boss David Gyngell was unapologetic about having Brisbane as a near permanent fixture on Friday nights after signing the NRL's $1 billion broadcast deal. The Broncos again dominate the timeslot by playing their first 10 games on Friday, including five at home, a huge advantage over rivals that have to deal with irregular turnarounds between matches. Brisbane has a reasonably testing start, playing finalists the Bulldogs, Cowboys and the champion Roosters in the first three rounds, but certainly can't complain it has been hard down by. The Friday night scheduling has actually gotten to the point where Broncos fans are sick of the repetition and the club is promoting rare Saturday and Sunday games as a selling point."

You have to feel for the Sharks especially. Pathetic scheduling will make procuring sponsorship hard while the Donkeys can offer prospective sponsors maximum brand exposure.

The NRL obviously has no interest in fairness.

The funny thing is how the media bang on about how clubs with 4 Monday night games got a raw deal yet when we cop 7 in 2013......nothing but eerie silence. It's only Manly after all.

Last season the Roosters apparently only had 2 out of NSW games, so no stress of being away from home.

The travelling takes a huge toll on all Teams, especially for the Players with young kids.

One wonders how soon the Broncos will cease being competitive next year. Then watch Nein's numbers plummet again :cool:

HappilyManly said:
Last season the Roosters apparently only had 2 out of NSW games, so no stress of being away from home.

The travelling takes a huge toll on all Teams, especially for the Players with young kids.

One wonders how soon the Broncos will cease being competitive next year. Then watch Nein's numbers plummet again :cool:

Let's hope it starts from round 1 so they're Fri night ratings are a disaster all year. Would serve themselves right the pricks.

I think there's a fair chance of that Mick.

They'll miss Norman and I don't think Barba will do much. They'd better hope Hunt steps up quickly after losing Wallace.

They're not in my 8.

Watch for Nein to try and protect their investment by pushing for the new rule.....Teams playing Brisbane can only field 10 players in order to avoid any unfair defeats on the darlings of the league.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6