Hasson...are we being unfair?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was always happy to give the guy a chance. It's hard to judge someone when they get...3 mins a game. But the last couple of games he's been given minutes. tonight he touched the ball about 4 times in the first few minutes...so keen I guess.

Dropped ball straight after a try is terrible...but a career shouldn't really hinge on one dropped ball, unless you're a)Hitler, and b) Paul Hauff.

However I think it's some other things that show that maybe he is out of his depth...

Missed tackles for one but mainly, his inability to bend the line. I mean we see matai and taufua run...get tackled...keep the legs going for 10 to 15 metres, but watching hasson take a run up is like watching a marshmallow being throw at an elephant and expecting a knock out.

Maybe a good coach could unlock his potential...maybe he has shown it all, but soon....a decision has to be made.

I'm trying to be nice and somewhat reasonable.

Paul Hauff? Showing your age there global eagle LOL (don't worry, I remember the basketball sized Qld fullback as well. His career took a nose dive after his inept test debut in Melbourne against the Kiwis)

As for Hasson.....I defended him last week because he did have a good game. Last night he was equally as bad. He killed 3 attacking movements in the first half with 3 of the most pathetic hit ups you would see from a forward. He dropped that ball straight after the re-start from Hiku's try, and missed a simple tackle on George Burgess that saw the Pom run 30 metres and it led to another Souffs try.

Sadly though I can see him still on the bench for next Sunday's game against the Sharks. But he should be in NSW Cup with either Mason or JSL coming back into the team.

And to be perfectly honest, Starling should join him in the reggies until he is fit. Yeah he's over his injury but he is in no way fit enough right now to play first grade.

He was hopeless last night. I cringe every time he gets the ball. Tooves needs to learn to use the bench lui was playing well in the first half then I swear him and jake t went off for almost half an hour. We had no go forward in the first 20min of the second half

He was hopeless last night. I cringe every time he gets the ball. Tooves needs to learn to use the bench lui was playing well in the first half then I swear him and jake t went off for almost half an hour. We had no go forward in the first 20min of the second half

It was like I said in the game day thread, when Jake was subbed off our defence suddenly got a lot softer until he came back on at the start of the second half. And by then the Vermin had worked out not to run at him.

I don't know about anyone else here but to me Jake Trbojevic strikes me as a Glenn Lazarus type of front rower. He thrives on being out on the field for long periods. If I were Tooves I would be leaving him on for a lot longer than 20 minutes at a time. To me he seems like the type of player who could easily handle playing the full 80 minutes.

Can't disagree about Lui either. I thought he played well last night.

It was like I said in the game day thread, when Jake was subbed off our defence suddenly got a lot softer until he came back on at the start of the second half. And by then the Vermin had worked out not to run at him.

I don't know about anyone else here but to me Jake Trbojevic strikes me as a Glenn Lazarus type of front rower. He thrives on being out on the field for long periods. If I were Tooves I would be leaving him on for a lot longer than 20 minutes at a time. To me he seems like the type of player who could easily handle playing the full 80 minutes.

Can't disagree about Lui either. I thought he played well last night.

I think he has the ability to play prop, second row or lock. He has played big minutes in stretches before and he was great!

The only reason I'd not be keen to see it all the time is he is still very young and I'd rather not kill his career early.

Spot on. This kid has a huge ticker. They get so used to subbing the big pollies off after 20, they forget the potential 80 minute white fellas that can go the distance and thrive on it.( Myles, Gallen, Fenson, Parker....)

Paul Hauff? Showing your age there global eagle LOL (don't worry, I remember the basketball sized Qld fullback as well. His career took a nose dive after his inept test debut in Melbourne against the Kiwis)

:giggle:

To be fair......Hitler is older than Hauff!!

lol*cough*

Tyson Andrews played well against some of the NRL's best forwards for the Indigenous All Stars at the start of the season. Why has Andrews been overlooked this year? Just cant understand how Hasson could possibly get a run when Andrews is available. Even Chee Cam has had a few blinders lately In NSW Cup. Both gotta be a better option than Hasson.

Does anyone remember a guy called Chris White played with us in 1990-91. He was the Hasson of his day (whipping boy) except he had to play more minutes but fortunately we had better forwards then

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7