Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Des contract has a 2 year extension clause in it and if its not extended by June he is a free agent.

A mate of mine who has ties with Penrith says that the Panthers are about to talk to Hasler and try and sign him as coach.

I dont think he would go back to the Panthers but Manly should hurry up and extend his contract. 

Pretty hard to leave a business when you love the business, made the business plan, and know the business plan your on is a winner.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Pretty hard to leave a business when you love the business, made the business plan, and know the business plan your on is a winner.

I agree Jatz.  He's got a little bit more invested in the club than the standard first grade coach.  That being said, someone comes along and offers you double (just throwing that out there) then its something you'd at least think about.

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=187228.msg329207#msg329207 date=1301574986]

I agree Jatz.  He's got a little bit more invested in the club than the standard first grade coach.  That being said, someone comes along and offers you double (just throwing that out there) then its something you'd at least think about.
[/quote]

Manly will not let Des go. We dont let go of success.

Who are Penrith kidding? Des will

Whilst on Des, who is coaching the Blues this year? If its not Des we deserve to lose another series. Please tell me Bellamy is not being given another crack at it? Even if it was offered to him, nobody on earth would have the hide to accept after such a record failure...surely?

It better not be Ricky Stuart either, he's a complete failure as a coach at club level so if he put his hand up it should have been shot off.

If its Laurie Daley I'll move to Queensland.

Oh No!!!!  What are they doing? Daley has an IQ of 10 on a good day. The guy couldn't coach a starving rat to eat cheese.

My Mother in law lives in Queensland, this cannot happen.

Christol link said:
Who are Penrith kidding? Des will

Whilst on Des, who is coaching the Blues this year? If its not Des we deserve to lose another series. Please tell me Bellamy is not being given another crack at it? Even if it was offered to him, nobody on earth would have the hide to accept after such a record failure...surely?

It better not be Ricky Stuart either, he's a complete failure as a coach at club level so if he put his hand up it should have been shot off.

If its Laurie Daley I'll move to Queensland.

Worse, it's Ricky Stuart

Yes, its Sticky and the best thing is that coaching NSW is all he has to concentrate on so we'll win this year.

As for Des leaving...not going to happen. Des will be another Bennett. He'll stay at the club for as long as we want him, then he'll move somewhere else in his final years to try his hand somewhere and move the Manly club forward.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
We should offer to make his contract 3m wider.

Nice one SER8

And Christol must be living a hundred metres from the Fukushima nuke plant in a concrete bunker.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301602755[/time]

Des Hasler, Mal Meninga on coaching hit-list

Penrith have earmarked Manly's premiership-winning coach and former club junior Des Hasler for a shock return to the Panthers next season.

Much, much more @ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/des-hasler-mal-meninga-on-coaching-hit-list/story-e6frexnr-1226031631748

I like DES. It's nice having an ex Manly player as long term coach especially seeing he's been pretty successful!

Jono link said:
Yes, its Sticky and the best thing is that coaching NSW is all he has to concentrate on so we'll win this year.

As for Des leaving...not going to happen. Des will be another Bennett. He'll stay at the club for as long as we want him, then he'll move somewhere else in his final years to try his hand somewhere and move the Manly club forward.

Sticky the last coach to win NSW an Origin series (yes it has been that long).
One thing you can say about Stuart coached sides he generally get's a good forward pack its the backline that concerns me.

Jono link said:

Laffs.

Give Stuart a decade to concentrate on something & he will still balls it up because he is a numptie. The best chance we have of winning SoO is if we just pick a decent team for once & let them play free. Stuart couldn't outsmart his dog let alone Mal Meninga.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4