1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hasler

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DUFFMAN, Mar 31, 2011.

1. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5
    Des contract has a 2 year extension clause in it and if its not extended by June he is a free agent.

A mate of mine who has ties with Penrith says that the Panthers are about to talk to Hasler and try and sign him as coach.

I dont think he would go back to the Panthers but Manly should hurry up and extend his contract. 

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    We should offer to make his contract 3m wider.

3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Pretty hard to leave a business when you love the business, made the business plan, and know the business plan your on is a winner.

4. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I agree Jatz.  He's got a little bit more invested in the club than the standard first grade coach.  That being said, someone comes along and offers you double (just throwing that out there) then its something you'd at least think about.

5. Jatz Crackers

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I agree Jatz.  He's got a little bit more invested in the club than the standard first grade coach.  That being said, someone comes along and offers you double (just throwing that out there) then its something you'd at least think about.
    [/quote]

Manly will not let Des go. We dont let go of success.

6. patorick2010

patorick2010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
  7. Christol74

Christol74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 1
    Who are Penrith kidding? Des will

Whilst on Des, who is coaching the Blues this year? If its not Des we deserve to lose another series. Please tell me Bellamy is not being given another crack at it? Even if it was offered to him, nobody on earth would have the hide to accept after such a record failure...surely?

It better not be Ricky Stuart either, he's a complete failure as a coach at club level so if he put his hand up it should have been shot off.

If its Laurie Daley I'll move to Queensland.

8. Jatz Crackers

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Its true what they say about the weather up here.

Well maybe not this year but you get what i mean.

9. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Keep him forever,till his retirement atleast

10. Christol74

Christol74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 1
    Oh No!!!!  What are they doing? Daley has an IQ of 10 on a good day. The guy couldn't coach a starving rat to eat cheese.

My Mother in law lives in Queensland, this cannot happen.

11. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Worse, it's Ricky Stuart

12. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Can't see Des leaving Long Reef to drive to the foot of the mountains for work everyday.

13. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Yes, its Sticky and the best thing is that coaching NSW is all he has to concentrate on so we'll win this year.

As for Des leaving...not going to happen. Des will be another Bennett. He'll stay at the club for as long as we want him, then he'll move somewhere else in his final years to try his hand somewhere and move the Manly club forward.

14. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Nice one SER8

And Christol must be living a hundred metres from the Fukushima nuke plant in a concrete bunker.
    [hr]Post  automatically merged: [time]1301602755[/time][hr]

Des Hasler, Mal Meninga on coaching hit-list

Penrith have earmarked Manly's premiership-winning coach and former club junior Des Hasler for a shock return to the Panthers next season.

Much, much more @ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/des-hasler-mal-meninga-on-coaching-hit-list/story-e6frexnr-1226031631748

15. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    I like DES. It's nice having an ex Manly player as long term coach especially seeing he's been pretty successful!

16. Sooty Fan

Sooty Fan Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  17. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I wonder if this story has anything to do with the date it has been printed.

18. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Sticky the last coach to win NSW an Origin series (yes it has been that long).
    One thing you can say about Stuart coached sides he generally get's a good forward pack its the backline that concerns me.

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    maybe Des has got one up on the telecrap

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Laffs.

Give Stuart a decade to concentrate on something & he will still balls it up because he is a numptie. The best chance we have of winning SoO is if we just pick a decent team for once & let them play free. Stuart couldn't outsmart his dog let alone Mal Meninga.