Hasler to get sacked this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
THE seven Manly Sea Eagles board will sack coach Des Hasler at a meeting this morning. Premiership winning skipper Geoff Toovey will be his replacement and the Bulldogs are believed to be ready to take Hasler on board right away.

Read the full article

Bob Reilly said the board had agreed to direct all inquiries to the club’s media manager until Hasler had the chance to respond to the breach notice.

Rachael is gonna be busy today

While I believe Des should go simply because it's now impossible for him to remain, I sure hope the board has proof of these 'serious breach' allegations other than a handful of "Daily Telegraph" reports. Wouldn't take much for a bluff like to backfire.
I can understand that they don't want to pay out the final year of his contract, but I still don't understand why there's any need to make it even more of a circus than it already is. We don't want him, the Bulldogs do, so surely something could have been worked out.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
While I believe Des should go simply because it's now impossible for him to remain, I sure hope the board has proof of these 'serious breach' allegations other than a handful of "Daily Telegraph" reports. Wouldn't take much for a bluff like to backfire.
I can understand that they don't want to pay out the final year of his contract, but I still don't understand why there's any need to make it even more of a circus than it already is. We don't want him, the Bulldogs do, so surely something could have been worked out.

They board would want to be sure that it has 100% proof that he has been trying to entice staff and players to the dogs or they will face court action for unfair dismissal.

Either way I can see us having to pay him his contract money of $450k for next year

It's Time for Leadership Des

I don't know who is to blame for the breakdown of the relationships. But the timing of what Des has done and the exodus of staff is enough for him to go now in the best interests of the club.

Whether justified or not, Des has tarnished at best and destroyed at worst, his legacy of the past 8 years. I don't have 1st hand experience of what has gone on behind the scenes, but in my wildest dreams I could not have believed he would have gone to the dishlickers.

Des has an opportunity to come out today and resign in the best interests of the club and save some respect. He will not be out of pocket in any way because he will walk straight into the dishlickers job.

Des it's time for you to show some real leadership!!!!!!

If des is sacked this morning then hopefully he will tip the bucket on those at the club who have forced him out and tell everyone the true story of what is going on at the club.

He has nothing to lose now and we deserve the truth so that those responsible can be punted as well.

He hasn't done that the whole way through so I doubt he will now. Maybe in his next autobiography he might mention a couple of things.

tookey said:
If des is sacked this morning then hopefully he will tip the bucket on those at the club who have forced him out and tell everyone the true story of what is going on at the club.

He has nothing to lose now and we deserve the truth so that those responsible can be punted as well.

Since the GF, Penn has publicly stated that back in May, the club did not have the cash reserves to commit to an increase in Haslers salary. So you're going to punt Penn now? He negotiated the contract with the boards blessing.

WAMF said:
tookey said:

Since the GF, Penn has publicly stated that back in May, the club did not have the cash reserves to commit to an increase in Haslers salary. So you're going to punt Penn now? He negotiated the contract with the boards blessing.

You cannot tell me that Penn and quantum bought into a football club expecting to make money in the short term and not have to cover any losses? Just ask russell Crowe how much he has put in souths.

Like any business the shareholders own the business and have to be prepared to cover the losses as well as take the the profit?

tookey said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:

They board would want to be sure that it has 100% proof that he has been trying to entice staff and players to the dogs or they will face court action for unfair dismissal.

Either way I can see us having to pay him his contract money of $450k for next year

thats exactly right. It would be interesting how they would have proof unless someone rolled over

The media stirred this fragile situation up to feed another round of stories. Now Des is punted the media gets another round of stories. The media in league just sucks.

Brissie Kid said:
The media stirred this fragile situation up to feed another round of stories. Now Des is punted the media gets another round of stories. The media in league just sucks.

The media is the easy target. They get their stories from somebody, whether its people at the Dogs, Des or us.

Utility Player said:
So what happens to the staff members who were going to leave for the Bulldogs in 2013?

Cleal is already gone. Hasler will go now too. Digital manager ( ROFL) Jess Ivers.... does anyone really care what she does? I assume Kelly Egan will follow Des.

Dave Warwick

This guy could be the key witness to the prosecution-makes sense...he leaves, things change, comes back and fills in a few blanks...:)

I am really disgusted how this has all played out.

In no terms should Des have been treated in this manner he was. None of us so called supporters should be jumping to conclusions and slamming Des unless we have the FACTS.

Des has remain silent throughout all of the drama and there will always be two sides to the story. All too many people are way too quick to jump to conclusions and point the finger and lay blame at Des, somehow given the very little information we know (and we don’t know what is correct and what is wrong) it just doesn't add up for me and there is more to this than meets the eye.

I'm not certain if it will ever come out in the wash in my lifetime but as far as I am concerned, the Sea Eagles board that has sacked Des owes it to its supporters, members and sponsors an opportunity to ask questions of the board and for those questions to be answered honestly and truthfully, after all, the board is not bigger than the game, the club or its supporters.

I truly hope if we are given the opportunity to find the truth or it comes out in the wash and it’s found that inappropriate tactics were used then heads should role accordingly based on facts not innuendo and rumour mongering.

Given all that has happen why doesn’t the Sea Eagles board (not that they have to) take it to a meeting and allow the votes of the supporters, members and sponsors be heard and counted if they are so confident of what they have set out to achieve and do.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6