Hasler is the key...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Townsville Eagle

Reserve Grader
I don't normally start threads but I feel I have to thank Des Hasler for his efforts at Manly.

A good coach will draw players to a club like bees to honey and I think the great Des will do this big time for the Eagles.

Des is so professional and passionate that even though Crusher does a wonderful job in finding talent I believe he uses Des as the bait to ensure the talent is hooked by the Eagles. I rate Des up there with Bennett and in time he will be regarded as the best coach in Rugby League.

No doubt I am preaching to the converted but thank you Des for all the players you have turned around, for all the players who have become champions under your guidence and most of all thank you for being part of a great team that has made the Eagles the successful club they once were.

I for one have no complaints, only admiration for everyones efforts. Des, you are the key.

Townsville Eagle said:
I don't normally start threads but I feel I have to thank Des Hasler for his efforts at Manly.

A good coach will draw players to a club like bees to honey and I think the great Des will do this big time for the Eagles.

Des is so professional and passionate that even though Crusher does a wonderful job in finding talent I believe he uses Des as the bait to ensure the talent is hooked by the Eagles. I rate Des up there with Bennett and in time he will be regarded as the best coach in Rugby League.

No doubt I am preaching to the converted but thank you Des for all the players you have turned around, for all the players who have become champions under your guidence and most of all thank you for being part of a great team that has made the Eagles the successful club they once were.

I for one have no complaints, only admiration for everyones efforts. Des, you are the key.

Hear hear TE we all agree I'm sure and good thread, obviously one of top priorities for new CEO is securing Des to new long contract.

This great team is really starting to click under Des' guidance

brookiegreg said:

Hear hear TE we all agree I'm sure and good thread, obviously one of top priorities for new CEO is securing Des to new long contract.

This great team is really starting to click under Des' guidance

I agree. I hope that and the signing of talented young players are taken care of quickly so everyone can focus on winning another premiership.

Apparently Hoppa is very close to Des and I believe if Des signs and extends his contract Hoppa will follow suit. The other thing is that Hoppa is only 18 and with the cap going up in 2013 he will get a permanent stop in the side and will get his big payday in a few years, backending his contract on a 5 year deal would be nice.

Des said on 'The Big Sports Breakfast' this morning he has agreed to extend his contract by two years taking him through 2014. Just working out details with club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6