1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hasler had an early eye on Cherry-Evans

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    EVEN before Trent Hodkinson decided to quit Manly to join the Bulldogs this season, Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler had already identified Daly Cherry-Evans as the club's first-choice halfback.

Read the full article

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    In Des we trust. The doubters are very thin on the ground these days.

3. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    What a coach - and what a halfback.

4. angryassdrummer

angryassdrummer Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    from what i heard, they knew about Daly, so when Trent wanted lots more money ( not sure why cause last year he did nothing special and didnt deserve it) manly declined knowing that Daly was better and cheaper.
    now i just hope they hurry up and sign him up on a 5 year deal

5. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Now didn't the scumdogs get a great bargain lol!!! Ha ha, looks like they actually did us a favour however in saying that I think behind the Sea Eagles pack Hodkinson would have been a much better player and would have had a better year “C'est la vie”.

Watching the news last night (can't remember the channel) Cherry-Evans said he was a Slime fan as a young fella. Darn, I hope he has seen the light.