Hasler fuming at Pritchard suspension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When Des was our coach, we thought nothing of articles like this, but now he isn't our coach and is talking about another team, the people that said he is a whinger, seem to be pretty much right on the mark :)

The way I look at the tackle is there was no intent to attack the head.
However in executing the tackle contact was made with the head so it warrants a week.

Pritchard was quoted outside the judicary saying he is going to review his technique and make some changes. The NRL has got the desired result based on that quote.

We live in the age of litigation and OH and S
If that sort of tackle was condoned by the NRL by not suspending Frank they are leaving themselves wide open to litigation when a player gets seriously injuried or even killed by that sort of head impact in the future.

As for Judas I can't see anything different in his behavior than when he coached us, the thing is because his actions 6 months ago any little thing that bastard does irritates us as a fan base.

I thought that Pritchard would have bene taught all of his career to tackle using his arms. Then again he played most of his life with penriff.

I am surprised that coaches haven't told their players not to use the shoulder charge because more often than not they are nieffective unless executed perfectly and the player either isn't tackled properly or side steps the charge.

Cambo said:
The way I look at the tackle is there was no intent to attack the head.
However in executing the tackle contact was made with the head so it warrants a week.
At the time I thought it was a good shot but rules are rules - 1 week..
It was not far from the Dwyer hit on Hargreaves in the 2010 finals, where the shoulder impacted the head also.
I think the headhigh tackle by Slater though not as powerful was a more blatent attack to a players head giving room for most coaches & fans to call double standard & inconsistency.
Then again I recall Slater leading with his knees on plenty of occasions & not even confronting the judiciary.

Yep I reckon most people would look at that and say Pritchard is kind of unlucky given its a shandy off a great tackle....but on the other side of the fence you cant have that look for the game and the league has to be seen to be doing something.

So correct answer is dont send the message that this sort of tackle is OK and set a precedent ...but dont hang the poor bloke either. 1 Week early in the season is a fair comprimise.

I do worry for Matai though ....he will collect someone like this at some stage this year....just a shoulder to the chin or something and the calls for consistency will start.

I'm not sure if this is correct but as Pritchard was existing the Courts was our belovered ex Coach there with him. I saw Greenburg but no Des. Looks like he may be kept on leash while the CEO takes care of Grown up matters.

bob dylan said:
I can't bring myself to bag him.

Suck it up Des, you dickhead.

Same here Bob, I won't bag anyone though I am still in disbelief that Des and Crusher are no longer part of the culture but as the say in French

"C'est La Vie".

It's time to move on, not dwell in the past and live for the future under Tooves.

One thing I am noticing though is Hassler is becoming more media savvy these days, he and Tooves seem to be in a lot of news reports and stories of late and more open to the media.

I think this is great for our club as it brings a lot more exposure which hopefully translates to more sponsership dollar and fan base.

P.S. Who cares what Hassler has to say these days, he is accient history.

Oneyeagle said:
I'm not sure if this is correct but as Pritchard was existing the Courts was our belovered ex Coach there with him. I saw Greenburg but no Des. Looks like he may be kept on leash while the CEO takes care of Grown up matters.

Des was allegedly in the corner on his Blackberry emailing Nathan Tinkler to see if he can replace Bennett in 2013. Apparently Des has told him he can bring a whole support team with him, and also [I would insert the name of a good Dogs player here if I could think of one].

Would Pritchard have been suspended if next week was the grand final I would say no way. Too many double standards in the judiciary. If Matai or T Rex were up on the charges of what they did in the Broncos semi final now they would probably have got 1 week each.

He had to be suspended. He put a very similar shot on Wade Graham ( I think ) last year and knocked him senseless too. Somehow he got it downgraded and escaped suspension so it stands to reason that he hasn't changed his style at all. Of course he didn't mean to hit Simmons in the head BUT the fact remains he did so it is deemed careless. Maybe this will make him think about his technique. Just once it'd be nice to here a coach or player say "yeah, sorry my mistake, I'll take the week"

Suspension for sure. Attacking the head with an arm brings suspension. He attacked the head with his shoulder, surely just as harmful. Anyway I can't believe Dave Taylor isn't sitting on the sidelines with his lifting tackle. An arm through the leg and driving the player to the ground. How come he gets off? Double standard here.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6