Hasler back to Manly???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What the hell did I just read? Do they have moderators or swear filters? We are like a church here in comparison.

They are talking about protesting, yet sit equal 4th overall.

They constantly relate Hasler to Manly which made me feel warm and fuzzy. They also hate Hopoate a lot?

I shudder to think what their board will look like if they come say 6th overall and get ousted in the first week of the finals.

Jeez, you'd think they had Barrett coaching them.

Mate, if you go off their site, and they DID land Barrett, he'd just end up being that Dragon ****ing ****, who is a cancer that their board should do something about because the ****head would only be there to sabotage their ****ing club (apparently).

Basically, that is the gyst of 95% of the posts about Dessie over there.

From what I remember, a lot of why Des' re-negotiation with Manly took so long was because the board wanted to take back control of a lot of things, control that Des wasn't prepared to give up.

Money played its part of course, but I reckon one of the main reasons Des took Greenturd's offer to change clubs when he did was because he was offered the same type of control over things there that the Manly board at the time was trying to take from him.

Des went to the Bozo school of coaching. He's the coach, the boss, and if you want to win you do it his way and his way only. He had that at Manly until the board wanted their power back.

Would I welcome Des back? Maybe, but like a lot of us its hard to forgive what he did after the 2011 GF and not something easy to forget. I will say this though.....I do think he's a better coach than Barrett, though I wouldn't be against seeing how Barrett goes next year with a relatively healthy squad.

From what I remember, a lot of why Des' re-negotiation with Manly took so long was because the board wanted to take back control of a lot of things, control that Des wasn't prepared to give up.

Money played its part of course, but I reckon one of the main reasons Des took Greenturd's offer to change clubs when he did was because he was offered the same type of control over things there that the Manly board at the time was trying to take from him.

Des went to the Bozo school of coaching. He's the coach, the boss, and if you want to win you do it his way and his way only. He had that at Manly until the board wanted their power back.

Would I welcome Des back? Maybe, but like a lot of us its hard to forgive what he did after the 2011 GF and not something easy to forget. I will say this though.....I do think he's a better coach than Barrett, though I wouldn't be against seeing how Barrett goes next year with a relatively healthy squad.
I have no evidence but it would be hard to imagine that when Des saw the chance of winning more titles at either club that by now he could have expected 1,2 or 3 at the dogs or a miracle last one at Manly. It would be nice to think he would be cut some slack if he was still here and we were not contenders every season but that is not the history of coaching. Most golden eras end with coaches been given the flick at some stage because there coaching prowess seems to largely vanish along with their stars. If Barrett had been coaching the dogs for the last 5 years with exactly the same performance as Hasler , do you think one fan on here would be calling for him to come to Manly? Oh I forgot, The convienient Terry Lamb culture myth. I do agree with your post largely ,I am not having a go at you but just trying to say that Barrett needs a fair go

What the hell did I just read? Do they have moderators or swear filters? We are like a church here in comparison.

They are talking about protesting, yet sit equal 4th overall.

They constantly relate Hasler to Manly which made me feel warm and fuzzy. They also hate Hopoate a lot?

I shudder to think what their board will look like if they come say 6th overall and get ousted in the first week of the finals.
I remember watching The Northern Beagles playing saints at Gosford and hearing later that someone in the crowd was giving it to Choc Mundine, probably in an inappropriate fashion. Probably did not think to much about where Tony Mundine was on the night. Things went downhill for the heckler later on in the "rest room" Lets hope nothing like this happens at Belmore. I suspect things are going to turn nasty very quickly

I don't get this at all from the Dogs supporters. If anyone checks my posts of De$ler since 11 you will see he's done his dash with me, I don't want him back. However I believe he has overachieved at the Dogs. 2 GF's and making the semis constantly.

Look at the team this year, they sit in equal 4th?? Whilst they have a good forward pack, look at their backs. Where is the x-factor? They don't have a Brett Stewart in full flight, Billy Slater, Thurston. None of those players who would say can make the difference between making the semis and taking the prize in October.

There's no love from me for De$ler, but he's done well over there.

Mate, if you go off their site, and they DID land Barrett, he'd just end up being that Dragon ****ing ****, who is a cancer that their board should do something about because the ****head would only be there to sabotage their ****ing club (apparently).

Basically, that is the gyst of 95% of the posts about Dessie over there.
Agree. I read their stuff as well ...... not the brightest bunch.

I don't get this at all from the Dogs supporters. If anyone checks my posts of De$ler since 11 you will see he's done his dash with me, I don't want him back. However I believe he has overachieved at the Dogs. 2 GF's and making the semis constantly.

Look at the team this year, they sit in equal 4th?? Whilst they have a good forward pack, look at their backs. Where is the x-factor? They don't have a Brett Stewart in full flight, Billy Slater, Thurston. None of those players who would say can make the difference between making the semis and taking the prize in October.

There's no love from me for De$ler, but he's done well over there.
If there is no x factor , then the buck stops with the coach who has full control over everything and plenty of time and money to put together a roster. Unlike many coaches he has no excuses for not doing very well. I think the bulldogs have under achieved and I guess a vast majority of their fans think the same. . That would be like saying we have just over achieved at the Olympics wouldn't it? . He did not take the Titans to the top eight , he has taken the Bulldogs to no titles in 4 years despite everything in his favor. Why has he stock piled a team of giant forwards if he did not believe this was the way to the title and have plodders in the backs as they apparently are. If he is given credit for the golden Manly era ,then maybe he can cop it on the chin when he under performs at the dogs? Not developing a player who can dribble the ball into the in goal on the 6th tackle and just give it to Tolman to plod into the defence is the worst piece of coaching I have ever seen in my life. Despite all of this I have no great opinion as to who we should recruit as a coach if needed because have little or no ability to reliably predict coaching success BEFORE the event over a broad range to indicate it is more than a lucky guess. any one here predict Haslers Lack of titles at the dogs? How did anyone go with predicting this years coaching % across the comp. I did not try but I will admit to complete failure in hindsight. Sorry to potentially offend your opinion but mine is totally opposite.

If there is no x factor , then the buck stops with the coach who has full control over everything and plenty of time and money to put together a roster. Unlike many coaches he has no excuses for not doing very well. I think the bulldogs have under achieved and I guess a vast majority of their fans think the same. . That would be like saying we have just over achieved at the Olympics wouldn't it? . He did not take the Titans to the top eight , he has taken the Bulldogs to no titles in 4 years despite everything in his favor. Why has he stock piled a team of giant forwards if he did not believe this was the way to the title and have plodders in the backs as they apparently are. If he is given credit for the golden Manly era ,then maybe he can cop it on the chin when he under performs at the dogs? Not developing a player who can dribble the ball into the in goal on the 6th tackle and just give it to Tolman to plod into the defence is the worst piece of coaching I have ever seen in my life. Despite all of this I have no great opinion as to who we should recruit as a coach if needed because have little or no ability to reliably predict coaching success BEFORE the event over a broad range to indicate it is more than a lucky guess. any one here predict Haslers Lack of titles at the dogs? How did anyone go with predicting this years coaching % across the comp. I did not try but I will admit to complete failure in hindsight. Sorry to potentially offend your opinion but mine is totally opposite.

Barrett will come good next season mate. Although I hope it's with some fresh faces in that backline, and maybe one forward. You don't want to be relying on Wright, Winterstein, Wiliame & maybe Green for 26 rounds. They need to be our injury depth.

Mead and Gillett with matai playing on would be magnificent.

I agree, I think Barrett might have something to offer also. But what if he doesn't Ryan? Would you take Desmond back then?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6