Hasler back to Manly???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did not Penn play a hand in Des leaving in the 1at place? I'm open to correction but from memory Penn was chairman at the time and the club had dithered over his re signing giving Des an out. Hence Penn threatened to sue Des for this and that, threats that proved to be hollow.
I can't see the ego of a bloke in his position to be overcome in any period of time and I will be very surprised if this ever happens.
We'll see.
Wrong, Penn tried desperately to retain Des. He offered him $1 million a year and did everything he could to do the deal. Unfortunately for Penn, Ha$ler had already signed with the flea bags months before so was all in vain. It is true that afterwards when he realised Ha$ler had sh1t on him he threatened legal action in response to Ha$ler first threatening legal action.

I suspect Penn would have him back in a heartbeat. Egos aside Penn is a businessman and despite what some on here say, he just wants success more than anything.

Won't happen. Yeh nah is Bozo's pet project now and his ego wouldn't allow him to admit it is a failed decision.

True but he got them to 2 grand finals.At the end of the day he can't be on the park with them to.
And they didn't win either one because he doesn't understand the dishlicking, digital anal intrusion* culture embodied by the Hobbit of Chester Hill, Terry Lamb.

If he 'understood' their culture (whatever that means), they might have won. No seriously, just ask Terry Lampost.

*Hoppa on the other hand doesn't understand it, he just partook in it at a third party club.

So was he on the park or on the field in 2008 or 2011?

I wasn't quoting you .

Pontian was making a point that that..

ahhh forget it, if you can't comprehend what I was inferring, I'm not explaining it to you.

and no...he wasn't.

Wrong, Penn tried desperately to retain Des. He offered him $1 million a year and did everything he could to do the deal. Unfortunately for Penn, Ha$ler had already signed with the flea bags months before so was all in vain. It is true that afterwards when he realised Ha$ler had sh1t on him he threatened legal action in response to Ha$ler first threatening legal action.

I suspect Penn would have him back in a heartbeat. Egos aside Penn is a businessman and despite what some on here say, he just wants success more than anything.
Hasler was prepared to sign a deal sometime in April that the club didn't get done. Dithered!!

Yep it would have been all about Des's asking price, and his finishing price, as in back ended contracts and rehab and training facilities. But that's the cost of success in modern sport. As I said, we'll see but if Penn believed that coaches hold the key to that success he would have re signed him then. Or at the very least would have forked out more folding stuff for a more credentialed coach than Trent.
Time will tell.
Des was only asking for around $50,000 more, he was on around 400-450,000 just before we won in 2011, other coaches were being paid a fair bit more, Bennett agreed to go to Newcastle that year for around $1 million.
I think the Dogs offered around $3.2 million for four years, and that was before we won the comp, it was a no brainer.

They could have signed him cheaper yes. But they missed the chance

Is Des showed even the slightest inclination he wanted to return to Brookie the penns would throw Barrett under the first bus they saw.
I still think Des is a **** and don't much like the sight of him.

You'd have to overcome money AND Bozo. Des likes full control and he won't get that.

This was just a SN white space filler. If the team heats up they will write one about Baz being rumoured to be extended.
Penn would give Dez full control and Bozo's consultancy would just transfer to the Junior League. Baz is replaceable. It's a results driven business :nod:

Due to the Match Fixing allegations and the Coco Joy missing sponsorship dollars, Manly need an established Coach to get the major Sponsors again.@:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6