HAS T-REX RE-SIGNED ? ? ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: HAS T-REX RESIGNED

Phoenix said:
LOL moops, Its a discussion about the re-signing of t-rex not about questioning fans loyalty. Start a new thread about loyalty some where else.

Keep on topic.

Well, it does seem to crop up in the most unlikely of topics. Sometimes out of absolutely nowhere!

Yes there is, but the line is blurred when a player consistently performs in an out of form way. Take Chris Baily for example; 99% of us wanted him off the team. Is that criticising form or calling for his sacking?

Re: T-rex, I was one calling for his sacking because in my opinion he was not in form for a few seasons. now that he is in position, he is playing well, and as I've admitted countless times, calling for blood was premature (albeit at the time defensible in my opinion).

If you look at his stats as a winger he made 50% more meters than Robbo and scored as many tries and hes only 20yrs old. Defend your opinion.

Cliffy, if you'd care to get some stats for me as to which side we conceded the most tries to while he was playing on the wing I'd think my opinion would defended. I can't be bothered getting into this again tbh (especially since my view of the guy has changed).

If you want, you're more than welcome to dig up the older threads, but what's the point mate?

HAS T-REX RESIGNED

Defend my opinion based on one game? So he has a handful of good games and you want to ink a deal?

Thought about the salary cap and locking up some of the more consistent players? We lost Robbo my opinion big loss, a well rounded consistent player and versatile.

By the way he is 22.

codewana said:
Yes there is, but the line is blurred when a player consistently performs in an out of form way. Take Chris Baily for example; 99% of us wanted him off the team. Is that criticising form or calling for his sacking?

Re: T-rex, I was one calling for his sacking because in my opinion he was not in form for a few seasons. now that he is in position, he is playing well, and as I've admitted countless times, calling for blood was premature (albeit at the time defensible in my opinion).

big difference between bailey and the team i posted though.

Anyone with nouse could see Trex should be in the forwards and not on the wing and therefore werent so stupid to judge him on playing out of position.

He wasn't playing out of position. He was a winger before he came to us. He moved later and played some 6 at sunny coast and recently back row in the top grade.

Fluffy said:
codewana said:

big difference between bailey and the team i posted though.

Anyone with nouse could see Trex should be in the forwards and not on the wing and therefore werent so stupid to judge him on playing out of position.

So what, should I have judged him on other things? Should he have been immune to judgement?
If you dig up those old posts of mine, my comments usually included "he might go alright in the forwards" but I just hated him as a winger (and still do).

HAS T-REX RESIGNED

Exactly fonz... I think the fans that wanna keep him don't remember the complete T-Rex experiment.. Anyway hope he continues to improve.

Let's forget what Trex did as a winger( which was very little imo). Since hez been moved into the forwards he's been a sensation. So much so, that he's now being touted as a chance at making kangaroo squad at the end of the season. So the real question is- as a forward, do we rate him? He's a gamebreaker and theyre bloody hard to come across. At 22yrs of age is now only starting to mature as a player and after nearly 3 years of waiting, Trex has finally arrived. Let's not lose him after all the work Dessie and coaching staff have put into him.

Fonz said:
He wasn't playing out of position. He was a winger before he came to us. He moved later and played some 6 at sunny coast and recently back row in the top grade.

Sorry my bad, guess i got the impression when Des said he was changing his running style to suit a foward prior to any games for us that he was bought to play in the forwards.

Silly old me listening to Des.

Ive been put right, lets get rid of him now in case Des plays him on the wing again next year.

Ironstines everywhere today

the mauler said:
Let's forget what Trex did as a winger( which was very little imo). Since hez been moved into the forwards he's been a sensation. So much so, that he's now being touted as a chance at making kangaroo squad at the end of the season. So the real question is- as a forward, do we rate him? He's a gamebreaker and theyre bloody hard to come across. At 22yrs of age is now only starting to mature as a player and after nearly 3 years of waiting, Trex has finally arrived. Let's not lose him after all the work Dessie and coaching staff have put into him.

This gets my vote.

Fluffy said:
Fonz said:

Sorry my bad, guess i got the impression when Des said he was changing his running style to suit a foward prior to any games for us that he was bought to play in the forwards.

Silly old me listening to Des.

Ive been put right, lets get rid of him now in case Des plays him on the wing again next year.

Ironstines everywhere today

I know you didn't explicitly quote me here, but for the record I'm not suggesting we punt him "in case Des plays him on the wing". I hope we re-sign him, and if we do, I hope he continues to show his current form!

codewana said:
Cliffy, if you'd care to get some stats for me as to which side we conceded the most tries to while he was playing on the wing I'd think my opinion would defended. I can't be bothered getting into this again tbh (especially since my view of the guy has changed).

If you want, you're more than welcome to dig up the older threads, but what's the point mate?

I must admit the thought of Trex having to turn around and chase Uate, is not a good one. But how could you missed the untapped potential and the fact we have Des as a Coach. A quick upper cut should do it.

Cliffy4PM said:
codewana said:

I must admit the thought of Trex having to turn around and chase Uate, is not a good one. But how could you missed the untapped potential and the fact we have Des as a Coach. A quick upper cut should do it.

haha. Didn't miss the potential; that was the while reason for not being smitten with him in the first place. He never appeared to reach his potential. Glad he is now though.

*whole reason. Sorry, can't edit on this thing.

RE: HAS T-REX RE-SIGNED

codewana said:
. .. Take Chris Baily for example; 99% of us wanted him off the team.

Leave Bailey alone you hack. He helped make the club what it is today.

(by leaving)

Far out Bailey...I'd rather see Richard Gere's gerbil line up for Manly before this guy again. Poor bloke he offered nothing.

Kite started out as a winger, I wouldn't want him there now. Tony is going great guns in the back row and he was always going to struggle turning and chasing with his size. Hopefully he's still growing another off-season and he might bulk up to 130kgs:)

I reckon they have done us a favor by giving him the man of the match last week. Imagine the confidence he will get out of receiving that.

King said:
I reckon they have done us a favor by giving him the man of the match last week. Imagine the confidence he will get out of receiving that.

And his now asking price/ offering price on a new contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6