Has Foran actually re-signed with us?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cletus link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=183580.msg266423#msg266423 date=1276388845]
The fact that he took so long to make a decision regarding the extremely large differences in money shows he does like the club.

Everyone forgets that Rugby League is these guys jobs. They're arent doing it for the supporters, the sponsors the club. THey are doing it to make themeselves money every week like we do when you trot off to work every day.

You can't knock a bloke for taking the promotion.

Exactly, it S**ts me no end that people talk about him being a traitor when to stay with us he has to knock back $50,000 or $100,000 a year to do it. It's a no brainer.
[/quote]

I wonder how many here would knock back 50-100k a year to go to a new job. He's only played 10 games and the dogs are taking a huge risk. Anyone remember Aaron Groom? He signed with the dogs and look where he ended up. The dogs are paying massive overs for TH, can't blame the club for their decision.

Hey, i'm all for Hodko signing for extra money even if it's another club.  The only thing silly about it is that Manly are waiting for salary cap news and may offer almost the same.  Then if the difference is 30 or 50k, you'd start thinking about loyalty and all that jazz.  But, whatever happens... good luck to him and Manly

I thought Foran was waiting on Hodko's decision before actually putting pen to paper. If Foran now signs with The Roosters, we may struggle next year in the 1/2's.

i was a great admirer of matty orford. he struggled in 2009 and it was the right time to leave.at the same time I  couldnt believe the RIDICULOUS **** he copped from many when he captained us to 2 gfs and won a dally m - he was a great eagle.

BUT

surely they are not looking at getting him for post June 30.

He was  a great contributor to our past both on and off the field and a nicer bloke you wouldnt meet but we have to look to DCE,Riccardi and co or an astute purchase going forward.Resigning matty is not the right move.

I believe he has verbally agreed to terms, but hasn't signed a contract mate. The problem with that is Steve Turner did the same thing to The Titans a few years ago - and we all all know how that turned out....

He has some very close ties with The Roosters, so I expect they would still be trying to lure him over.

For some reason, contract negotiations haven't been going too well for us this season (cap wise, and / or other reasons).

It would be nice to see some nice, fresh positive moves at Narrabeen. All these negatives at the moment are quite droll....

I can only report what he said when I asked him point-blank if he had signed the deal we'd been hearing about for ages, he said he had. I hope he wasn't full of it!

turner signed a contract and did not honour it ryan.had nothing to do with any verbal deal.as did frank pulatua and they let him dishonour it on compassionate grounds.

titans made a decision that they didnt want him if he did not want to play and accepted to young blokes from the storm as a trade.they could have made him sit out 2 years if they wanted to and had gallops blessing to do so.

TWiL link said:
I can only report what he said when I asked him point-blank if he had signed the deal we'd been hearing about for ages, he said he had. I hope he wasn't full of it!

I'm all good with Lyon / Foran next year.
Matai / Whare in the centres is good too.
Hopefully his almost $200k odd can go to a decent young mobile forward...

or actually guys:-

Marc Herbert from Canberra looked pretty damned good as well in the 1/2's. Very creative...and off contract is he not???

on the dotted line i was told.who cares anyway.....if he was still on the market you'd think  the press would be all over it.my mail is the same as the previous poster.signed ,sealed and delivered.

lets just assume he has signed when we fans are considering our options on this site for the 7 now that TH has gone..nothing we can do about if he does the bolt anyway.

herbert has not cracked it at canberra for 3 years and the bloke in front of him now is struggling.he may have future value but id rather punt on the current young guys at our club.

A little insight into the character of the kid:-

WAVELL HEIGHTS: Wavell State High halfback Gary Riccardi has capped a turbulent season with selection in the Australian Institute of Sport team touring England and France.
Riccardi was diagnosed with diabetes at the start of the year, but he did not let it stop him and went on to be named the school’s player of the year.
He is joined by schoolmates Dale Copley and Kurt Baptiste in the AIS team which will play two matches in France and two in England in the three-week tour.
Wavell’s Brendan Barlow is the team’s assistant coach.
Barlow paid tribute to Riccardi’s impact this year.
``He had a couple of personal setbacks, but never let it get to him and put his best effort forward for the school all the time,’’ he said.
Barlow said the 23-strong squad, including his three Wavell boys, would gain plenty from the tour.
``It’s a four-game tour but it’s also an educational trip,’’ he said.
``We’re going to the war memorial and going on bus tours and we get to live in France for a while and do some sightseeing.
``Touring will be a great experience, culturally and socially.’’
Upon their return, the Wavell trio will start chasing NRL dreams with Riccardi on the books of premiers Manly and Copley and Baptiste tied to the Brisbane Broncos.

like it!
bit of grit goes a long way.
when you think about it for us to have 3 talented young halves at the club at the same time in an era where no one seems to have any is another tick in the box of the great crusher and dessie.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=TWiL link=topic=183580.msg266457#msg266457 date=1276417820]

Hopefully his almost $200k odd can go to a decent young mobile forward...

Who says we had put 200k away for TH. If reports are right we were either going to lose Mattai or Hodkinson, so I'd say some money will be used to retain Mattai.

If we lose both and with Perry going I think the club has a player in it sights. The storm are prepared to let Inglis go. Not sure if we have enough in the kitty to purchase him.

Totally agree sue....and this is exactly why losing Hodko is just meh type stuff. Everything happens for a reason. I reckon one of our other kids will have the goods.

I'm going to hate saying this swoop....but would Inglis just be more trouble than he's worth?

Ryan link said:
I'm going to hate saying this swoop....but would Inglis just be more trouble than he's worth?

I not saying we should sign him, it's just a thought what the club may be doing. With talks that we might also miss out on Mattai leads me to believe the club has a player or players in their sights.

One issue with the diabetes is he will heal slower than normal just like Brett does.

If Riccardi becomes our full time 7 we will need to have someone able to jump in for lengthy periods.

He does look good in Under 20's but its a big step

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6