Harrigan Proves Toovey's Point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bill Harrigan has proved himself to be the bighead incapable of admitting mistakes and ill equipped to be referees boss by attacking Geoff Toovey's comments asking why we didn't get the best referees for the Bulldogs match.

Does anyone else see the irony in this statement given that Toovey's main gripe was that there is no point talking to the referees bosses because they are always right and cannot admit that they may have gotten it wrong?

Here is what Toovey said:

"I've had discussions at the beginning of the year and, mate, they just say 'no, you're wrong and we're right'. That's it, that's as far as it goes.

"It's pointless."

And here is Bill's response as printed in the SMH:

SPRAY HOSED DOWN
Referees boss Bill Harrigan has hit back after Geoff Toovey's spray at officials following last week's loss to the Bulldogs. The Manly coach questioned why the best whistleblowers were not chosen for the marquee encounter. ''Ben Cummins is the No.1 referee,'' Harrigan said. ''He was in all three State of Origins. End of story. And we've been very impressed with the way Brett Suttor has been going. So he did get the best referees.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wanderers-don-bears-clothing-20120728-232vk.html#ixzz21xS3klgU

Confirming Toove's point much Billy?

Bill Harrigan has proved himself to be the bighead incapable of admitting mistakes and ill equipped to be referees boss by attacking Geoff Toovey's comments asking why we didn't get the best referees for the Bulldogs match.

Does anyone else see the irony in this statement given that Toovey's main gripe was that there is no point talking to the referees bosses because they are always right and cannot admit that they may have gotten it wrong?

Here is what Toovey said:

"I've had discussions at the beginning of the year and, mate, they just say 'no, you're wrong and we're right'. That's it, that's as far as it goes.

"It's pointless."

And here is Bill's response as printed in the SMH:

SPRAY HOSED DOWN
Referees boss Bill Harrigan has hit back after Geoff Toovey's spray at officials following last week's loss to the Bulldogs. The Manly coach questioned why the best whistleblowers were not chosen for the marquee encounter. ''Ben Cummins is the No.1 referee,'' Harrigan said. ''He was in all three State of Origins. End of story. And we've been very impressed with the way Brett Suttor has been going. So he did get the best referees.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wanderers-don-bears-clothing-20120728-232vk.html#ixzz21xS3klgU

Confirming Toove's point much Billy?

I think admitting they fallible and human would break down a lot of barriers. The refs act like they are perfect when it is plain to see that ate not.

Arguing in the face of obvious evidence is just infuriating

I think admitting they fallible and human would break down a lot of barriers. The refs act like they are perfect when it is plain to see that ate not.

Arguing in the face of obvious evidence is just infuriating

Infuriating is the best way I can sum up Bill Harrigan, never ever wrong or could entertain the idea that he possibly could be..hang on he did admit he was wrong in 2010 on the Gasnier spike against us - but that was an old TV's fault, not Billy's.

Infuriating is the best way I can sum up Bill Harrigan, never ever wrong or could entertain the idea that he possibly could be..hang on he did admit he was wrong in 2010 on the Gasnier spike against us - but that was an old TV's fault, not Billy's.

Well Bill, you and your cronies may be impressed with Suttor but the players rate him as one of the most difficult to deal with (This weeks players poll in RLW).
Strangely enough, the players din't rate Cummins or Suttor as 'the best'.
Archer and Hayne were rated as the top two but seem to be out of favour with Harrigan. Perhaps there's just not enough room at Referee HQ for both Bill and Hayne's egoes. Dunno what his problem is with Archer other than he is a better ref than Bill ever was.
Ceccin, Cummins and Suttor are his favourites. All 3 display the same onfield arrogance that was Bill's hallmark.

Well Bill, you and your cronies may be impressed with Suttor but the players rate him as one of the most difficult to deal with (This weeks players poll in RLW).
Strangely enough, the players din't rate Cummins or Suttor as 'the best'.
Archer and Hayne were rated as the top two but seem to be out of favour with Harrigan. Perhaps there's just not enough room at Referee HQ for both Bill and Hayne's egoes. Dunno what his problem is with Archer other than he is a better ref than Bill ever was.
Ceccin, Cummins and Suttor are his favourites. All 3 display the same onfield arrogance that was Bill's hallmark.

The referees last night haven't got a clue. Just watching the replay and at the 27th minute Wolf goes to score and gets hit high. The fool Shortall blows a penalty just as Wolf puts to ball on the line for a try. He then blows time and asks the video ref to check for grounding. The video ref or Maxwell I don't know which tells him he can't check for a try cause he blew a penalty. What an absolute farce. Surely in the act of scoring a try if an illegality was done then it should've been a possible 8 point try. The video clown didn't have a clue nor did Shortall or Maxwell. Is this the best that Harrigan can dish up then the finals will be a joke.
Wolf scored it wasn't a double movement as the Fox commentators insisted it was, he didn't ground it before the line he put it on the line and it should've been an 8 point try.

The referees last night haven't got a clue. Just watching the replay and at the 27th minute Wolf goes to score and gets hit high. The fool Shortall blows a penalty just as Wolf puts to ball on the line for a try. He then blows time and asks the video ref to check for grounding. The video ref or Maxwell I don't know which tells him he can't check for a try cause he blew a penalty. What an absolute farce. Surely in the act of scoring a try if an illegality was done then it should've been a possible 8 point try. The video clown didn't have a clue nor did Shortall or Maxwell. Is this the best that Harrigan can dish up then the finals will be a joke.
Wolf scored it wasn't a double movement as the Fox commentators insisted it was, he didn't ground it before the line he put it on the line and it should've been an 8 point try.

mickqld said:
The referees last night haven't got a clue. Just watching the replay and at the 27th minute Wolf goes to score and gets hit high. The fool Suttor blows a penalty just as Wolf puts to ball on the line for a try. He then blows time and asks the video ref to check for grounding. The video ref or Cummins I don't know which tells him he can't check for a try cause he blew a penalty. What an absolute farce. Surely in the act of scoring a try if an illegality was done then it should've been a possible 8 point try. The video clown didn't have a clue nor did Suttor or Cummins. Is this the best that Harrigan can dish up then the finals will be a joke.
Manly. 8 point tries. Not on Bill Harrigan's watch.

mickqld said:
The referees last night haven't got a clue. Just watching the replay and at the 27th minute Wolf goes to score and gets hit high. The fool Suttor blows a penalty just as Wolf puts to ball on the line for a try. He then blows time and asks the video ref to check for grounding. The video ref or Cummins I don't know which tells him he can't check for a try cause he blew a penalty. What an absolute farce. Surely in the act of scoring a try if an illegality was done then it should've been a possible 8 point try. The video clown didn't have a clue nor did Suttor or Cummins. Is this the best that Harrigan can dish up then the finals will be a joke.

Boozo said:
mickqld said:

Warren Smith was trying to say that it was a double movement because he yelled 'Penalty Warriors double movement!".

He stuffed up big thinking the penalty was for a double movement and was trying to cover his tracks - had he called the penalty correctly to Manly (give you a hint Waz the ref usually points towards the team who recieves one) there would have been replays or more made of it in the Fox coverage.

Hopefully the Roast or Footy show will have a look at it...if they are even on? Olympics and all.

Boozo said:
mickqld said:

Warren Smith was trying to say that it was a double movement because he yelled 'Penalty Warriors double movement!".

He stuffed up big thinking the penalty was for a double movement and was trying to cover his tracks - had he called the penalty correctly to Manly (give you a hint Waz the ref usually points towards the team who recieves one) there would have been replays or more made of it in the Fox coverage.

Hopefully the Roast or Footy show will have a look at it...if they are even on? Olympics and all.

I got the refs wrong. It wasn't the clowns Suttor and Cummins it was the clowns Maxwell and Shortall. Not that it matters if you dont get Hayne/Archer then it's a lottery how the rules will be applied.

I got the refs wrong. It wasn't the clowns Suttor and Cummins it was the clowns Maxwell and Shortall. Not that it matters if you dont get Hayne/Archer then it's a lottery how the rules will be applied.

Tedro's good, as long as no long busts are made.

We were talking about home town rub of the green last night and i said that the only time we've had it this year was against Canberra. It was pointed out that Tedro was ref that day. What, did Harrigan stuff up? I thought he made sure we never got Teddy, especially at Brookvale.

Tedro's good, as long as no long busts are made.

We were talking about home town rub of the green last night and i said that the only time we've had it this year was against Canberra. It was pointed out that Tedro was ref that day. What, did Harrigan stuff up? I thought he made sure we never got Teddy, especially at Brookvale.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6