Harold Matthews & SG Ball - 2015 Round 7 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HAROLD MATTHEWS - Round 7 - Team List to take on the Saint George Dragons at WIN Jubilee Stadium at 12:00 PM on Saturday (28th of March):

1. TAQUIN FAHEY
2. JESSE ALLAN
3. BEN LOFTHOUSE
4. MAX LEHMANN
5. DANIEL CALABRETTA
6. COOPER JOHNS
7. HARRY WILSON
8. JOSH FOSTER
9. SAM VERRILLS
10. LIVINGSTONE CHEE-KAM
11. MAX BARRY
12. BEN GLEESON
13. SEAN VAIVELATA

14. FREDDY LUSSICK
15. BEN COLLINS
16. CAMERON PRINCE
17. NICHOLAS BILSBOROUGH
18. SATEKI LATU
19. OLIVER BROWN
20. BRANDON READING
21. TOM ROSEWARNE
23. FINN HEATH
24. KYE PICKERING
25. JASON TUPOU-WITCHMAN
26. JAYDEN BURGESS
27. MAX JOLLEY
28. LACHLAN DALY O'RILEY

COACH: GLENN MOORE

* Team List subject to change. *

SG BALL - Round 7 - Team List to take on the Saint George Dragons at WIN Jubilee Stadium at 1:30 PM on Saturday (28th of March):

1. LUKE POLSELLI
2. EZERA CHEE-KAM
3. BAILEY SHIACH-WISE
4. HARRISON O’TOOLE
5. JOHN HOPOATE
6. HUTANA COFFIN
7. CADE CUST
8. JAIDEN TARRANT
9. HEATH GARAY
10. FREDI SIONE
11. HARLAN COLLINS
12. BILL BAINBRIDGE
13. JAKE MORRISON

14. MANASE FAINU
15. JOSH MARTIN
16. LUKE MILHAM
17. BRYDON RAMIEN
18. CODY ABRAHAMS
19. JACK JOHNS
20. KANE MCQUIGGAN
21. ELIA FAATUI
23. JACKSON WATSON
24. BRAD ARENELLI
25. JACK MAGUIRE
26. CLINT MAGUIRE
27. IZAIAH PHILLIPS
28. BRAD PARKER

COACH: CHAD RANDALL

* Team List subject to change. *

DRAWS:

Click here for HAROLD MATTHEWS Draw.

Click here for SG BALL Draw.

LADDERS:

Click here for HAROLD MATTHEWS ladder.

Click here for SG BALL ladder.

• 26 Mar 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Jon Geddes
Bozo will nurture our Eagles nest

MANLY CLUB LEGEND FORMS JUNIOR EAGLES FOR LONG TERM SUCCESS
HE HAS won premierships with the Sea Eagles as a player and coach and now club legend Bob Fulton is front and centre in a bold initiative to revitalise Manly’s junior rugby league nursery.

getimage.aspx
Picture: Junior Eagles board members Bob Fulton, Peter Peters, Jacky McCauley, Brett Fulton and Jack Elsegood.

It is a part of a long-term plan to get back to the glory days when Fulton-coached Manly sides were full of outstanding regional juniors, including Geoff Toovey, Steve Menzies, Daniel Gartner, John Hopoate, Matt Dunford, Dave O’Donnell and Jack Elsegood.

The rugby league Immortal is a member of the newly formed Junior Eagles board along with his son Brett, who is chairman, Elsegood, Peter Peters and Jacky McCauley.

“We are resurrecting our pathways program that we had 20 years ago,” Fulton told the Manly Daily.

Fulton, who has grandchildren playing junior league with Beacon Hill, decided to get involved after what he has observed in recent years.

“It’s pretty well documented, my concern about what is happening,” Fulton said.

The new board’s blueprint has the support of Sea Eagles owners the Penn family and club chief executive Joe Kelly.

The club has development programs moving from the under-13s, 14s and 15s leading into the Harold Matthews and SG Ball representative sides. “We are making sure we don’t miss anybody,” Fulton said.

The plan also involves identifying young players from outside the area who can complement the region’s talent to give Manly seriously competitive sides.

“The main aim is to help our local players reach their full potential,” Fulton said.

He said the junior clubs would each have a scouting representative who will report to McCauley, the recently appointed fulltime junior rugby league administrator.

Former star winger Elsegood played with Narrabeen Sharks and Christian Brothers.

“I am passionate about kids and sport and I went through this program and l know how much I loved it,” he said.

“From my SG Ball side six or seven players went on to play first grade and we need to see more of that.”

RESULTS:

A couple of wins for our Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams this week.

HAROLD MATTHEWS:

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 36 (Taquin Fahey 2, MaxLehmann 2, Cameron Prince, Sateki Latu tries; Cooper Johns 4 goals) defeated .Saint George Dragons 12 (Andrew Kapinga 2 tries; Anthony Romanovski 2 goals)

SG BALL:

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 34 (Luke Polselli 3, John Hopoate, Harrison O'toole, Harlan Collins tries; Bailey Shiach-wise 5 goals) defeated .Saint George Dragons 22 (Jayden Okunbor, Adam Keighran, Will Kerr tries; Kieran Hayman 3 goals)

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/03/27/jr_reps_results_rd_7.html and
https://twitter.com/nswrl

Last edited:
Some good news out of the penn and Kelly camp, that's a great program to bring back. Between the harbour bridge and Gosford should be our nursery.
Great wins for the juniors too!

Matts report vs St George

A beautiful day at Kogarah for my one and only junior match this year. Whilst Saints were quite weak in both grades the SG Ball, in particular, have some outstanding talent in their team.

Matts won easily and I saw a fantastic prospect who will go much further in Jesse Allan. He played wing but was all over the place. It seemed when things needed to happen the ball got to him. Quite quick but had this glide and swerve that made defenders look stuck to the ground. A real talent who unfortunately got hit by 3 guys when about to score after an amazing run. He may have some knee issues looking at it. He was clearly the best prospect in Matts.

Livingstone Chee-Kam is a huge prop and made some excellent runs. Played quite a few minutes and seemed to go well. We have a really talented lock in Sean Vaivelata who is quite big and mobile. Made some excellent runs and shows promise.

Cooper Johns was solid and directing play around at 5/8. Didn't stand out and kicking game was average. A small and skinny reserve came on late in Freddy Lussick. I imagine related to Darcy but totally different build.

SG Ball report vs Saints

Another excellent result for the club and best of all we have another gun halfback coming through in Cade Cust. I did read recently we signed him for 3 years. Plays similar and build to DCE in controlling the game with good defence, smart running the line and kicking. He is a left footer and really kicked superbly in general play. Like DCE, not a speedster but you could see he was a play ahead and moved the team around with ease. He is tough and will take on the line when needed.

I was abit disapppointed in big money signing Jaiden Tarrant from the Bears/Knights. He is a big guy and did bend the line but looked abit slow in general. I'm sure they will work on that. Hooker Heath Garay is a Balin clone and made huge amounts of tackles. He was replaced by a quick moving hooker in Manase Fainu who took the game to the tired Saints boys. Nice switch when needed.

Fullback Luke Polselli is a quality fullback but when thinking of Tom T in Ball isn't at that level of promise. Ezera Chee Kam is a winger who goes hard but don't think will kick on. John Hopoate has filled out and tough kid. Interesting to watch with him. Kiwi signing Harlan Collins did a mountain of work and is good in attack. He plays 2nd row. Prop Fredi Sione is a man mountain but again, may be too big to play minutes in higher levels as quite slow laterally and on the bench a lot. Top junior from Matts Elia Faatui is a prop and is highly regarded and played well. Jack Johns was a non playing reserve. I saw Matty there and he is such a nice guy. Talked to people at the canteen and seemed to be happy watching the footy.

All in all, Cust at halfback should go much further (No Aaron Groom)Prop Tarrant was signed for 3 years so I imagine they see a lot in him. Kiwi 2nd rower Colloins is a bit of a Choc clone and probably Hopoate will keep moving up.

I also watched this game and have seen about 5 other games this season and some of what you say Darren is spot on. Livingston chee kam, Sean Vaivelata, Jesse Alan and Sam Verrillis should go on. Chee Kam is only 14 so still has another year in the Harold matts but has been good most of the season.

SG ball has some top talent. Cade Cust is a tough little half with all the skills, love watching this kid play. I actually thought Jaiden Tarrant was very good in this game especially in defense, good contact. Agree more speed is needed. Interestingly enough he along with Luke Polselii and Cade Cust all made the starting SG Ball team of the week from this game! Fredi Sione was dissapointing looked slow and unfit. Cust, Tarrant and Sione are all signed to 4 years and along with Hopoate and Brydon Ramien are still only 16 and will return for SG Ball next year.

Harlan Collins is very good but needs to find some consistency, his form is all over the place. Cade Cust, Luke Polselli, Bill Bainbridge, Jaiden Tarrant, Brad Parker and John Hopoate will be my picks to go on. Brad Parker has been injured but is a special talent, tall athletic center in the Tom T mould.

Great report there. You certainly have more info than me and that is really helpful. With Tarrant, I was expecting abit more in his runs and he did hit well. Sione is a huge guy and hopefully they can assist him with his size and with a 4 year contract they see potential.

Harlan did some good and not so good things and you are right about consistency. He and Bainbridge are no nonsense 2nd rowers. Great to hear about Brad Parker and his obvious talent. Hopefully he will progress as you are aware of what he can do. Cust is definitely a talent and hopefully will keep progressing.

Cannot believe Livingstone Chee Kam is only 14 and imagine him next year as he progresses. Winger Allan just looked Tom T mould in the way he moved and has some ability.

Great report there. You certainly have more info than me and that is really helpful. With Tarrant, I was expecting abit more in his runs and he did hit well. Sione is a huge guy and hopefully they can assist him with his size and with a 4 year contract they see potential.

Harlan did some good and not so good things and you are right about consistency. He and Bainbridge are no nonsense 2nd rowers. Great to hear about Brad Parker and his obvious talent. Hopefully he will progress as you are aware of what he can do. Cust is definitely a talent and hopefully will keep progressing.

Cannot believe Livingstone Chee Kam is only 14 and imagine him next year as he progresses. Winger Allan just looked Tom T mould in the way he moved and has some ability.

Really great stuff guys awesome to hear about our kids coming through the grades being in Townsville I don't get to see them play so your reports are fantastic keep up the good work and go Manly.

I think we have another good crop of kids coming through. One thing is we are much bigger in the forwards. Great to see halfback Cade Cust get a run in 20's later on in the year.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4