Hard to judge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Tough one to look at last night

Horrendous start, due to a 1 on 1 miss, and another soft penalty that the refs seem to blow in the 1st couple of mins on us. Am still undecided on that 2nd Knights try if it was a fantastic piece of skill, or if we could have offered more to stop it. There was actually a positive at the start, 1st time in 3 games we have completed our 1st set haha

From there, it is hard to gauge how well we played, the Knights were terrible, and invited us to score, but after we got our 1st, the team seemed to remember how to run a few moves, and there were some very nice pieces of play to score tries. 44-6 in the final 50mins is a pretty fair result

Orford mixed again, our attack was average until we got the 1st, but after that I actually thought he went pretty well, and had a clever kicking game for the remainder.
1 thing I would like to see less of within 5 of the line is Ballin wasting 2 plays a set with a flat ball to a front rower
Was stoked to see Lyon back on the right hand side with Glenn Stewart

My man of the match last night was Glenn Stewart, he was simply outstanding, imo his best game of the season. Another in the best of the season category was Kite, pleasure to see the big fella making an impact again, hope that continues.
Rodney was handy in limited time as well, and I can't say enough about Rose.
Foran seems to have that rare quality that top line footballers have, in that he is always in the right place at the right time. Every time there is an opportunity or something to be cleaned up, most of the time you see Foran or Orford there to clean it up
Watmough was great again, that play he made to put Tony over was outstanding. I have a feeling he has taken Williams under his wing, because when he scored that try, and the cameras were following him, you could hear him yelling out and giving advice to T-Rex the whole time
Farrar is a top class addition to our side as well.

This is what I would like to see happen next weekend

Robertson
Farrar
Matai
Lyon
D.Williams
Foran
Orford
King
Ballin
Perry
Watmough
Bailey
Stewart

T.Williams
Kite
Rose
Rodney

Hall won't be with us next season, is down on form, so Rodney and Bailey should be playing ahead of him. L'Estrange has been overtaken by Foran

I originally had Williams on the wing, Farrar in the centres, Lyon 5/8 and Foran bench, but I didn't see a good way of getting Keiren into the game from there so started him instead. If we get an injury in our backs there is enough cover there with Tony able to cover the wing, and Foran the centres if one of them went down, while Bailey is versatile enough to fill in at 6 and centres as well

I don't know about G. Stewart being MoM, I still don't think he hasn't recaptured his form from last year but he did have a solid game.

Shane Rodney looked good last night with the few touches he had and Foran impressed me also.

I hate to be Des and trying to pick the side so I will just site in my armchair with my cougar and coke.

Did you hear some punter who put $40k at 8 to 1 on Manly to go back to back, I am sure the odds will shorten 5 to 1 next week if not less.

Hall was below average last night and might be worth dropping considering he's head to the UK.

I'd go with:

Robertson
T. Williams
Farrar
Matai
D. Williams
Lyon
Orford

G. Stewart
S Rodney
Watmough
King
Ballin
Perry

Foran
Kite
Rose
Bailey

01. Michael Robertson
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Glenn Hall

Ryan link said:
01. Michael Robertson
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Glenn Hall

Spot on Ryan, you could argue about Le strange but that team gets a big thumbs up from me. Actually swap Foran for Le Strange, but it's still a great team.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
Hey Nutz, how do you have T Rex above Foran or even Bailey for that matter?

Because I think farrar is a better centre than winger so we need a winger. Do we put foran or bailey on the wing??

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6