Happy mothers day Susan!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really would love to do that if I could but unfortunately, she died of cancer back in December 2014 so instead, all that I could do was to look at the picture of her that we have of her on the bookshelf in the family room and wished her a Happy Mother's Day.
She'll always be your Mum @Jethro. That cancer's just a bastard. We had a scare with my Mum a few years ago but lucky for us she was misdiagnosed and is a fighting fit 72 year old.

I really would love to do that if I could but unfortunately, she died of cancer back in December 2014 so instead, all that I could do was to look at the picture of her that we have of her on the bookshelf in the family room and wished her a Happy Mother's Day.

It's an absolute bastard isn't it, my thoughts are with you mate.

I lost my Mum in 2005, after a 7 year battle with Dementia.

Life's not fair at times !!

It's an absolute bastard isn't it, my thoughts are with you mate.

I lost my Mum in 2005, after a 7 year battle with Dementia.

Life's not fair at times !!

Yes, it is an absolute bastard.

It took my Mum just 73 days from the time that she was diagnosed until the day she was gone.

Cancer%20Sucks.jpg

Dementia sucks too. My wife lost both her parents to that disease not very long back. I lost my Dad through a dementia like disease (Korsakoff syndrome) the day before Father's Day in 2009 and then she lost her father to dementia in 2010 and her mother to it in 2013 and then I lost my Mum to cancer the following year

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I got the pleasure to spend yesterday with both my parent's for their 50th wedding anniversary. My gorgeous Mum is 77 although we never thought she'd see 50 due to cancer back in the 80's. Yep, love your Mum's as they're not always there......

Sorry to hear that. I got the pleasure to spend yesterday with both my parent's for their 50th wedding anniversary. My gorgeous Mum is 77 although we never thought she'd see 50 due to cancer back in the 80's. Yep, love your Mum's as they're not always there......
That's how old my Mum was when she passed.

That's someone I haven't seen post for a long time , you still about @susan
Seen
That's how old my Mum was when she passed.
I hear you. I lost my mum to cancer 16 years ago (she was 51) so Mother's Day can always be a touch sad. I always look at the fact I had an amazing mother for a pretty short time compared to what I have lost

Yes, it is an absolute bastard.

It took my Mum just 73 days from the time that she was diagnosed until the day she was gone.

Cancer%20Sucks.jpg

Dementia sucks too. My wife lost both her parents to that disease not very long back. I lost my Dad through a dementia like disease (Korsakoff syndrome) the day before Father's Day in 2009 and then she lost her father to dementia in 2010 and her mother to it in 2013 and then I lost my Mum to cancer the following year

When my Dad ( aged in his 80's) had a heart attack trying to dig a tractor out of a bog ( silly old bastard) it was just the worst thing in the world for me.

I later appreciated that he died doing what he loved, and without any long illness or pain, gone in a flash ( hope that happens to me as well).

I lost my mum to cancer in 1991. She was only 45. That's why I always encourage people to love their mums while they are still with us, and don't stop after they're gone!

FCUK CANCER!!

Also, this sounds really horrible everyone, but it's why people should consider "trauma insurance". People think it's an expensive exercise, but you need to look after those you leave behind - otherwise it tends to be Uncle's and things that have to support the whole family then.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Also, this sounds really horrible everyone, but it's why people should consider "trauma insurance". People think it's an expensive exercise, but you need to look after those you leave behind - otherwise it tends to be Uncle's and things that have to support the whole family then.

We've only just cancelled ours, had it for years and years.

As we are self funded no one will be out of pocket for us, but yes I agree great advice.

Just wish my son in law had it, too late now!!

I lost my mum to cancer in 1991. She was only 45. That's why I always encourage people to love their mums while they are still with us, and don't stop after they're gone!

FCUK CANCER!!
Apart from our shared sense of the absurd @mozgrame another common experience is that I also lost my dad in 1991 (in his 40s) to cancer.

At risk of oversharing, my 1st wife died of cancer age 36 ten years ago.

Life is highs and lows, not much in the middle.

Apart from our shared sense of the absurd @mozgrame another common experience is that I also lost my dad in 1991 (in his 40s) to cancer.

At risk of oversharing, my 1st wife died of cancer age 36 ten years ago.

Life is highs and lows, not much in the middle.

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. I'm happy to share pretty much anything at anytime with you, but that's a bastard of a thing for us to have in common. 36 is too young. I hope you created a heap of happy memories in your time together, and I have no doubt you'll meet up again.

Don't worry about oversharing either, mate. I'm a champion for it!

There are highs and lows, but for people like us, it's our indulgence in the absurd that sustains us :)

Feel free to PM at anytime if you feel like a yarn!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2