Hands Up Who Likes Me

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
This house will become a shrine! And punks and skins and Rastas will all gather ’round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader! And all the grownups will say, “But why are the kids crying?’ And the kids will say, ‘Haven’t you heard? Rik is dead! The people’s poet is dead!”

Just caught the tail-end of this news mate.

Is there mention of a cause of death??

The world's a touch more serious place today, for sure.

RIP Rik.

RiverEagle said:

RIP Rik.

Not yet known, his wife said they were not sure if it was a heart attack or a fit. He apparently ended up with epilepsy after his quad bike crash in the 90's.

Speculation is that he had a fit and died

bones said:
This house will become a shrine! And punks and skins and Rastas will all gather ’round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader! And all the grownups will say, “But why are the kids crying?’ And the kids will say, ‘Haven’t you heard? Rik is dead! The people’s poet is dead!”

God I was so stoned whenever I watched the young ones...so many good times:p ...that's Doc and Rick now...just ease up on the 80's boss :mad:...it was the best of times.

Dan said:
RiverEagle said:

RIP Rik.

Not yet known, his wife said they were not sure if it was a heart attack or a fit. He apparently ended up with epilepsy after his quad bike crash in the 90's.

Thanks Dan.

I checked out a couple of stories later in the day....As you say, shaping as possibly related to the epilepsy.

They basically say it was close to a miracle he survived the quad-bike accident, too.

Just sad......We had so much fun with the Young Ones in the 80's. They were like our Monty Python in a way (though, I love Python too).

You can only hope it was quick and painless.

He made a lot of people belly-laugh and that's how I'll remember him.

Definitely not a good week for the 80's generation.

(Apart from our team, of course).

What do you mean sit down? There's only one chair.
Do you expect us all to put our bottoms on that and catch horrible diseases off each other?

RiverEagle said:
Dan said:
RiverEagle said:

RIP Rik.

Thanks Dan.

I checked out a couple of stories later in the day....As you say, shaping as possibly related to the epilepsy.

They basically say it was close to a miracle he survived the quad-bike accident, too.

Just sad......We had so much fun with the Young Ones in the 80's. They were like our Monty Python in a way (though, I love Python too).

You can only hope it was quick and painless.

He made a lot of people belly-laugh and that's how I'll remember him.

Definitely not a good week for the 80's generation.

(Apart from our team, of course).

Yeah, I was in Europe when he had the quad bike accident and still remember speaking to my Mum on the phone from Paris or something and she told me about him having an accident and he looked as though he was going to die.

Funny the things that stick with you, but I always see that as one of the more tragic news items passed on to me, over other celebrities, until yesterday that is, as it is now far more tragic

RIP rick.

So many great shows and a brilliant writer. That whole comedy 'group' was amazing.

the young ones
blackadder (one of if not my fav show ever)
bottom
The new statesman (alan b'stard)
Right said fred - well ok.

The list goes on.

He will certainly be missed by me (and a ton of others I know).

So today reports from the UK (quoting Rik's wife in fact) that the autopsy was inconclusive, but the finding was some sort of cardiac event.

As I've said, just hope it was swift and so on.

RIP Rik. Unique and unforgettable talent.

RiverEagle said:
Update : Four episodes of The Young Ones are on GEM tonight.

For NSW viewers at least. (Starting at 9:10pm).

I'll be out so I'll have to record it.

....Have we got a video??

Lol.

''Yesss we've got a videooo!''

I recorded em too, watched the last one last night.

Still bloody hilarious and totally tasteless thirty years on!

Not sure if enough people liked his work...so I tacked it onto this thread but.....

James Garner passed away.

I first saw him in the rockford files which my mum and I used to like watching.

I thought he was a pretty good actor!

rip

Yeah I saw this on the news too GE.

Similarly I remember watching the Rockford Files now and then. And that's what many will remember most; along with Maverick (well before our time).

I recall he'd had heart issues and a stroke in recent times, but he hung on pretty bravely.

86 isn't a bad innings and yeah, RIP for sure.

globaleagle said:
Not sure if enough people liked his work...so I tacked it onto this thread but.....

rip

I only knew him from The Notebook :p

bones said:
globaleagle said:

rip

I only knew him from The Notebook :p

bones = sprung!

And did you cry watching that too mate?!

:p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8