Hands Up Who Likes Boxing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well no complacency here.

Milo represents both the fundamental and virtuous qualities of the sweet science, and indeed the repercussions and reverberations of operating in the arena without them, perhaps.

He is however, a legend in his own, very unique division, no contest.

RiverEagle said:
I'll take that under advisement GE...

Will give it some thought.

I noticed @Chip and Chase say he was at a Swans game not long ago (and I've no doubt there'd be bi-coders here...lol!)

My brother is an avid Hawks fan, and is part of the trip. Our banter is building and goes back n forth as keenly as these two great teams actually play each other!

Really looking forward to the trip next week.

Yes I don't mind the AFL, have been a Swans fan for quite a few years. Used to go all the time pre kids. Have managed to get to a few games this year through SCG members. They couldn't quite do it tonight agianst Hawks, but it would have been a good game to be at, Hawthorn finished too strong. Still they are looking likely for a deep run into the finals.

Dare I dream of the trifecta. Tahs / Swans / Sea Eagles ??

Chip and Chase said:
RiverEagle said:
I'll take that under advisement GE...

Will give it some thought.

I noticed @Chip and Chase say he was at a Swans game not long ago (and I've no doubt there'd be bi-coders here...lol!)

My brother is an avid Hawks fan, and is part of the trip. Our banter is building and goes back n forth as keenly as these two great teams actually play each other!

Really looking forward to the trip next week.

Yes I don't mind the AFL, have been a Swans fan for quite a few years. Used to go all the time pre kids. Have managed to get to a few games this year through SCG members. They couldn't quite do it tonight agianst Hawks, but it would have been a good game to be at, Hawthorn finished too strong. Still they are looking likely for a deep run into the finals.

Dare I dream of the trifecta. Tahs / Swans / Sea Eagles ??

Was an absolute cracker mate.

Momentum ebbed and flowed and changed several times, along with the score.

The wall of sound from the Hawks members at the G was spine-tingling!

72,000 + and a very healthy quota of Swans fans
although the anticipated hostile reception for Buddy was both daunting and humerous.

It was a far superior contest than it may have translated on TV; and we all came away convinced it was a grand final preview!

I'll be more than happy with a double (Manly/Swans) thanks very much; but go the Tahs too.

Hey when is Geale fighting?

Ps Go Waratahs- NSW could this year win the SoO the Afl, the super 15 and the NRL.

manlyfan76 said:

Ps Go Waratahs- NSW could this year win the SoO the Afl, the super 15 and the NRL.

Daniel is fighting today our time (Sat night in New York).

So this arvo some time, but only possible to see on PPV (Main Event).

Would be great to see him get the upset over GGG, but it will be tough.

And would also be great for NSW if the 'Tahs could win as well, of course.

Crusaders will be very hard to beat too; but at least the final's in Sydney.

RiverEagle said:
manlyfan76 said:

Daniel is fighting today our time (Sat night in New York).

So this arvo some time, but only possible to see on PPV (Main Event).

Would be great to see him get the upset over GGG, but it will be tough.

And would also be great for NSW if the 'Tahs could win as well, of course.

Crusaders will be very hard to beat too; but at least the final's in Sydney.

Might have to stream it as I don't have fox.

Sadly, as feared, it was over early @manlyfan76

No disgrace and Daniel remains a class-act and wonderful Aussie champ...Golovkin is just a generational fighter.

As said, GGG has dynamite in both hands, and he clearly must to stop a warrior like Daniel!

Well done to Golovkin but I'll remain a Geale-fan; and hope he got a good financial deal from that (for himself and family).

globaleagle said:
Ouch!

Where does Geale go from here?

Not really sure GE.

He's done it all and has nothing left to prove.
Despite losing like that he may resist the urge to atone things, and retire.

I think he'll fight on; and considering he's not that old as far as fighters go, he may well continue.

That Golovkin is just virtually unbeatable right now, mate. (No disgrace for Daniel). But for him to dispose of Dan so easily - who has a good chin - you can only shake your head, and applaud GG!

Golovkin certainly throws some bombs. He's a souped up Kostya. Made easy work of Geale, didn't expect it to be that clinical.

Yeah I was surprised Daniel was beaten that swiftly (and well) too.

He needed to be far more patient, and cautious early.

He's a fighter though, and wanted to fight, or go down swingin'!

He did; and remains a great Aussie champion, as he deserves.

And @mozgrame

Where's our updates and latest news here mate?!?

UFC is brutal for sure.

Not for the faint-hearted but the guys (and gals!) seem to love it.

And the rapidly growing popularity for it speaks for itself, I suppose.

I suppose hitting them when they have been knocked out twice in the fight is ok like can happen in boxing? At least in UFC it's one knockout and game over.
I'm actually not that into UFC or against boxing just playing devils advocate I suppose.

I use to really like the sport.

I guess I still do at Olympic level but the Pro stuff has lost a lot of its gloss.

Pro boxing has become a joke.

There are only a few Boxers who can legitamately be called the real champ in their particular division.

Boxers dodging real opponents to win one belt, while fighting nuffies to keep that belt has become a joke.

They need to unite (I know that will not ever happen) and create a real Champion, or fight legitimate matches between the organisations to unite a weight division.

Yeah you're pretty much on the mark there @nodd

As I've said, I only follow about 10% of the game these days.

Corruption, egos, and hopelessly fractured divisions, Boards and Organizations will never see anything close to the unity you want mate.

That's why when a genuine contest bobs up, we need to savour it more!

Still waitin' on old @mozgrame to find time in his busy schedule to give us our updates too.

Jeez, who cares about a belt, title, trophy or whatever??? Does anyone here truly believe without doubt that Ali was in fact the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world?? Please. He was only the champion of the other blokes fortunate enough to be given the chance and opportunities to compete in the same arena as him.

For all we know, there could have been 10 other blokes better than Ali living in the US alone at the same time that simply never got the opportunity to train, eat correctly and ultimately box with professionals. They could have been tougher, smarter, faster and possessed greater knock out power than Ali ever did! Ali was the best of his bunch, that's certain, but best in the world?........

Now, with all that said and done, you will see what I mean when I say I don't care about titles or belts. I love the sport. I love the spectacle of the skill level required to compete. The dedication needed to train and maintain a strict diet is not a simple matter either.

The balance and stamina of the boxers that seem to glide at will in any direction. The ability to parry and slip punches. The years of practice to throw a powerful punch from any angle. You need a strong mind as well as a honed body. Everything appeals to me about boxing....except the phony belts.

The UFC is just as tough as boxing and you must be just as dedicated to it to be at all successful. It is more brutal obviously than the sweet science, but it is an excellent example of the difference between a boxer and a fighter.

A boxer boxes. A UFC man fights.

Oh @RiverEagle Updates are on the way :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8