Hands Up Who Likes Boxing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon that's fair enough @Mals

A bub takes precedence over our sporting expectations...just!

Only joking.

Congratz to you both mate, and wherever we all are on the day I hope Daniel can get the win.

RiverEagle said:
I reckon that's fair enough @Mals

A bub takes precedence over our sporting expectations...just!

Only joking.

Congratz to you both mate, and wherever we all are on the day I hope Daniel can get the win.

Cheers mate.

I'm sure Geale will do Aus proud. He's a real gentleman of the sport. I met him once before a Contender series filming at Homebush, lovely bloke to chat to.

Yeah he's a class act for sure.

From everything I've seen and heard about Dan, he's already a champion, irrespective of the outcome (of this fight).

A win would still be nice!

@mals good luck becoming a dad! Hope they appreciate all the work you did during conception and over the last 9 months. You should constantly remind them during childbirth!

@rivereagle go the swans!!

Yeah I admit it @globaleagle

I am a fan of the Swans, too.

Should be a great experience (never been to the MCG before) and looks like being a great game against Hawthorn.

Their Grand Final in 2012 was something else!

Hey GE, wonder how an AFL thread would go down here...?

Lol.

I've seen just 2 games at the mcg. One of my friends is a huge hawks fan so 1 time it was in the corporate box, and the second was in something called the presidents tables....or something like that.

It was against richmond I think and was like 35-24 final score, the lowest in years. Everyone was apologising to my (canadian) better half for the quality of the game.

It was funny having jeff kennett saying sorry (and then explaining who all the important people were to aid better half!)

I dunno about the thread....I must admit, I like the swans, we do get games over here, I have a swans polo....but am a bit of a bandwaggoner (looking good this year).

You could always start one and see?

I'll take that under advisement GE...

Will give it some thought.

I noticed @Chip and Chase say he was at a Swans game not long ago (and I've no doubt there'd be bi-coders here...lol!)

My brother is an avid Hawks fan, and is part of the trip. Our banter is building and goes back n forth as keenly as these two great teams actually play each other!

Really looking forward to the trip next week.

Sidetracks aside.....

As you're more up to date on all things boxing....

It'd be awesome if you'd keep us up to date on what to watch. I enjoyed the fight the other night!

It was good to see names like the prince, hatton, just to revisit memory lane!

Oh I'm a relatively casual boxing fan GE.

I know a lot about the little I care about, to be honest.

And certainly ppl like @mozgrame and @Chip and Chase seem to know as much, which is great.

I will certainly add my views and opinions in that regard though, for sure mate.

Number 1 right now is the Geale/Golovkin fight on the 27th July!

***Why doesn't Chip and Chase's username embolden??***

Just in the mood to big note.

I spend a night in the 90's as a corner man for a boxer called Justin Fortune on an all heavy weight card at the Mandalay in Las Vegas. 4 ex-world champs on the card, and met Justine's trainer Freddie Roach.

RiverEagle said:
***Why doesn't Chip and Chase's username embolden??***

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-FYI-How-to-Use-Silvertails

see post #24

gotta put inverted comma's around his name if there is a space in it!

Thanks global, will do from now on.

And @Alan regarding Justin Fortune...Please elaborate mate.

Not often we get to big-note, and that is well worth sharing!

Freddie Roach is a legendary trainer too.

Knew Justine via mates when he lived in Manly. He was also a chef at a Restuarant in Newport.

I was going to the states to woo my future bride and the timing was good to go to las Vegas and catch the fight. Just spent a couple of days with them. During the actual fight I wasn't even allowed up on the apron, just hung around pretending I knew what to do,, but backstage was a great experience.

Justin's a trainer now in LA too.

Don't tell us you got hitched in Vegas, old mate!

That would justify a whole thread of it's own, I'd suggest!

RiverEagle said:

lol, an awesome Elvis wedding I reckon!

globaleagle said:
RiverEagle said:

lol, an awesome Elvis wedding I reckon!

I think @Alan has left the building for now mate.

AND...He clearly likes the Big Bang Theory too. Perhaps if we started a thread on that, or astronomy, comics and/or physics, we might just convert some hipster-nerds to Silvertails??

Mals said:
Haha fair enough. My missus has a bub due in under 2 weeks so it may be a last minute decision if I decide to get the pay per view.

:)

10505627_10152181253830824_7205670310931214159_n.jpg

Alan said:
@Mals Best wishes to you and the missus, hope both do good.

Thanks Alan! Another little Sea Eagle supporter will be hatched not born ;)

globaleagle said:
Mals said:
Haha fair enough. My missus has a bub due in under 2 weeks so it may be a last minute decision if I decide to get the pay per view.

:)

10505627_10152181253830824_7205670310931214159_n.jpg
Haha that's hilarious GE!!!

globaleagle said:
@mals good luck becoming a dad! Hope they appreciate all the work you did during conception and over the last 9 months. You should constantly remind them during childbirth!

@rivereagle go the swans!!

Cheers mate. Yep I'll be sure to remind the missus during labour! :0

Sorry to disappoint, but was on my way to Baton Rouge, my ex was a Southern Belle.

And Mal love the Big bang.

Also by way of giving you peace of mind, I was present at my son's birth and can assure you I felt no pain or discomfort at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6