• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope so mate, because behind the very same forward pack, Api is playing well, where DCE has been struggling, so I guess we can't use the forwards as excuses for DCE any longer.

Have to disagree
Spot on champ

Sorry Ryan but I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

Firstly in the first round the forward pack was much different. No Symonds, no Lawrence, Api first select hooker, Brown and Green in the side with Williame on the wing and no Stewart. They only just lost to Souths in the second match with an improved forward line up but it was obvious from the amount of dropped ball and lack of co-ordination that they were struggling.

You seem to forget Manly won the next 2 matches with DCE in the side and lost the next one without him. You're getting excited because the forwards are finally doing what they should, they've got the right hooker in place, Stewart is back and they are starting to meld like a team.

This of course has been predicted by most commentators that Manly would need several rounds to get settled. Api is doing a good job but he's no DCE.

Something we have failed to mention in this thread - as the main playmaker, DCE is running with a whole new system involving new players in new roles. To me it sometimes looks like he is expecting someone to be there for him, and there just isn't anyone running where he expects them. The combinations have started to gel now, as a result of more game time together and a forward pack that has started to pull in the same direction. Give it a few more weeks together and he will be hitting players running into gaps, as well as having those players create gaps for him to run into.

Consider that so far he hasn't played with T-Red, no Justin Horo running good lines, no Buhrer, no Foran carving up on the left and creating space...it is a very different playing field. That is why he was trying his absolute guts out (Roosters game) but still not really getting rewards. It will come. He is the same player, just fairly new surroundings and new job description. He is far from a disgrace.

Something we have failed to mention in this thread - as the main playmaker, DCE is running with a whole new system involving new players in new roles. To me it sometimes looks like he is expecting someone to be there for him, and there just isn't anyone running where he expects them. The combinations have started to gel now, as a result of more game time together and a forward pack that has started to pull in the same direction. Give it a few more weeks together and he will be hitting players running into gaps, as well as having those players create gaps for him to run into.

Consider that so far he hasn't played with T-Red, no Justin Horo running good lines, no Buhrer, no Foran carving up on the left and creating space...it is a very different playing field. That is why he was trying his absolute guts out (Roosters game) but still not really getting rewards. It will come. He is the same player, just fairly new surroundings and new job description. He is far from a disgrace.
Plus no Snake off his hip for a couple.

And if you think busting your gut for the club equals a disgrace, well why even bother supporting them?

Bingo baby. As I've said previously, for the past 12 months or so DCE has rarely played behind a dominant pack here at Manly. In fact, he's mostly played behind a beaten pack (remember our so-called 'pop-gun' pack from last year?). When the forwards have won their battle he has played much better, the game against the Sharks a few weeks back is a case in point. Api has just been lucky in that the two weeks we've had to play him at halfback, our forwards have for the most part dominated. If he'd have played halfback behind beaten packs like those that DCE has had recently he wouldn't look half as good as he has done.

I see what you did there @;)@:mask:

Just finished watching a replay of the Warriors win. API was even better then I first gave him credit for. He was organising and his defence was very impressive.

Walker is defending in the centres and he's still little more then a speed bump. I don't get it. I dont remember Walkers defence at South's being this bad. Not sure what's going on with his d, but it needs to be fixed.

Walker is a centre not a half. Souths tried him there and moved him back. If API keeps on going well keep him there with Evens move Walker to centre and Mati to the forward rotation. Have a look at how hard he runs and the speed of his play the ball, 20 - 30 mins of that a game would be great.

Everyone stop talking up DCE he hasn't done anything this year to convince me he is a good halfback. Tbh I think we wasted 1.3 million we could have spent on a good player not an overrated player.

Walker is a centre not a half. Souths tried him there and moved him back. If API keeps on going well keep him there with Evens move Walker to centre and Mati to the forward rotation. Have a look at how hard he runs and the speed of his play the ball, 20 - 30 mins of that a game would be great.

Now that I could live with. But the reality is that it won't happen.

So, Api came in and didn't have any of those issues? He just put back-to-back MOTM performances because he's had better preparation? We need to stop using this as an excuse for DCE. Yes, the team will take time to grow and develop together, but let's not confuse that issue with the poor form DCE has shown.

Api had a couple really good games but i think last night showed that we needed DCE on the field.

Defensively i think we were great and effort was there 100% and our forwards had another great game but our sets in Parras 20m zone looked unorganised, slow and i just never got the feeling as though we were going to score.

As good as a player that Api is and his form at the moment, he isnt the type of player that DCE is, a natural halfback - regardless of form.

Api had a couple really good games but i think last night showed that we needed DCE on the field.

Defensively i think we were great and effort was there 100% and our forwards had another great game but our sets in Parras 20m zone looked unorganised, slow and i just never got the feeling as though we were going to score.

As good as a player that Api is and his form at the moment, he isnt the type of player that DCE is, a natural halfback - regardless of form.
Completely agree.
My concern is with DCE's form. No argument that we certainly need him, but more so, we need him performing.

Yeah Leary stuffed our momentum his poor passes and chip and chase lost us the game in the last 20 IMO
Leary actually did alright despite that brain explosion chip n chase moment. I watched the replay again last night and he had a few good strong runs from dummy half and his delivery was serviceable.

I think a finger could be pointed at others last night, including seniors like Stewart and Lyon, as well as Tommy T having a pretty ordinary one (but understandable given his age and inexperience at this point).

Completely agree.
My concern is with DCE's form. No argument that we certainly need him, but more so, we need him performing.

Yeah 100% with you there, he will get better as the season goes on.

I just get the feeling that once we click, we will be a great team and have alot more wins than losses. I really am starting to like what TB is trying to build and i think the efforts that this team has displayed with some injuries and a crappy draw shows that they believe in him and im sure DCE is working hard to get the best out of himself for the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2