Halves depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With our club hopefully set for many years with an outstanding halves pairing, who are both still very young, we will presumably struggle to retain the current up & comers. Notably Ricardi, who apparently has good wraps on him.

What young halfback with ambition would want to stick around at a club where both halves are internationals yet only aged in their early 20's?

I suppose Lyon is the back-up plan? I certainly hope we retain Foz & Cherry on long-term contracts but if we do we'll be hoping they stay healthy because we won't have a whole lot of back-up.

Well we lost Lussicks HB brother to parra already this year. And have we resigned Liam foran? Is he even any good?

I think we have done remarkably well in maintaining most of this years squad but the cheque books will be flying when Kieran Foran comes onto the open market...Lets be honest we have such a great squad it's going to very difficult to hold on to all of them.
Just asking is Ricardi purely a half or does he have the potential to play 5/8 ?

I don't think the half or 5/8 really matters thesedays its more can he play leftside or right side. Foran plays 1/2 for NZ because Benji doen't like being called a halfback. Locky would play some times as 5/8 and others like a half.

Tooves & Des will have these bases covered. We may miss our main halves for a game or two during rep games.

Riccardi can fill in at 7. Lyon at 6. Also I suggest that Burher be further trained up at 6 or even 9. Possibly when the NRL team has a bye, he could play 80mins at no 6 for the feeder club.

Oo the coaches may chuck the boots on themselves.

We should keep Liam as long as we want Keiron. Personally I see Liam as a hooker.
A lot of hookers these days aren't actual dummy half's but ex halves

eagles2win said:
We should keep Liam as long as we want Keiron. Personally I see Liam as a hooker.
A lot of hookers these days aren't actual dummy half's but ex halves
Don't agree, unless we have more cash to throw around then people say. Hooker is just as important to a team these days as half (I think?) and we have a great young hooking prospect whose name escapes me and also Buhrer who may be another hooking option.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
With our club hopefully set for many years with an outstanding halves pairing, who are both still very young, we will presumably struggle to retain the current up & comers. Notably Ricardi, who apparently has good wraps on him.

What young halfback with ambition would want to stick around at a club where both halves are internationals yet only aged in their early 20's?

I suppose Lyon is the back-up plan? I certainly hope we retain Foz & Cherry on long-term contracts but if we do we'll be hoping they stay healthy because we won't have a whole lot of back-up.

Representative duties alone allow young halves a look in to first grade at various times during a season.

Don't know if anyone realises, but Jamie Buhrer played hooker for Australian Schoolboys, and from memory was also captain.

I reckon Ballin could go into the halves if needed. I swear he used to play halfback in the lower grades for us or Brisbane.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6