Half Solutions for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, appears we may have missed out on who we want...
What's left?

"Topliners": Hodgko? Sandow?
Arrgh!!!

Discards: Cornish? Mortimer?
Never seen Cornish play.
Mortimer has been everywhere never made it. Have seen him play some good games.
Should be affordable. We could do worse. At least he has experience. If he doesn't cut it he would be a good backup.
Cornish would make a good Chook...

Well, appears we may have missed out on who we want...
What's left?

"Topliners": Hodgko? Sandow?
Arrgh!!!

Discards: Cornish? Mortimer?
Never seen Cornish play.
Mortimer has been everywhere never made it. Have seen him play some good games.
Should be affordable. We could do worse. At least he has experience. If he doesn't cut it he would be a good backup.

A rumour out of the nations capital is that Manly have been in contact with Cornish and McCrone. Interesting.

If Lyon at 6 is our best bet then we are in trouble.

Yes he played 5/8 for us in season '08 but that was freakin 7 years ago! Not to mention he played along side Orford who was the obvious dominate and experienced playmaker who called the shots, killer simply played a supporting role to take a lil pressure off Orford.

I remember he played a game at 5/8 for us last year and looked soooo uncomfortable. I think we need to let go off this idea Killer can play 5/8 anymore, not at this stage of his career.

Just saying...

I think someone like Mitch Cornish might be someone to look at. I remember watching him through the 20s thinking this blokes going to be a gun, He hasnt had the best season thus far but he def has the potential to be a good half.

Play him on that right side with someone like Feleti or Buhrer as another ball playing option OR an edge forward like a T-rex/Tamaloumo(spelling?) who can either isolate a smaller opposition player or suck in defence and create an overlap.

Thoughts?

Zero tackle say's Kodi Nokorima is off contract at the end of this season....is he worth a look at ?
Could be good, although you would need to partner him with an experienced half (not Lyon IMO).

Could be good, although you would need to partner him with an experienced half (not Lyon IMO).
He sounds all right.....Funny how the Bronco's are trying to play him of the bench as a back up hooker when he was a 5/8 - fullback. And as you said it would still leave us short of a quality halfback, hopefully the club have a back up plan but the pickings are looking pretty slim from where I'm standing.

I would prefer a Cornish with killer at 6, the go after blokes who simply don't have it like sandow, Mcrone, Albert Kelly, Robson or even hodgkinson.
Given sezer has been signed he would partner Austin, young Cornish would be looking for opportunity.

Our best options, DCE staying, Malony and Widdop getting released are all highly unlikely

The only other guy of their quality is Carney, who would need to pull his head in, secure a release and get registered by the NRL

From there everyone is a risk, the best of which i believe would be

Hastings - would have to secure a release and apparently has a ego

Myler - Haven't seen him play but has good pedigree, but SL half to NRL half........big step

Cornish - Has potential but Ricky cant manage halves, question is has Ricky ruined him

Mid level for mine

Townsend - Actually a pretty good player, would do a job but never going to rise to anything above city/country level

Nikomoras - Talented, but steering a team around the park

Travers & Pearsell - I like what i see and think they could be our future but next season would be too soon, people compare to DCE and Foz on 2011 but Foz had played plenty and DCE just come of a big year in QLD cup

Zach Docker Clay - Junior Kiwis half and a chance to stick it to Parra

Worst options

Sandow - Not as bad as Hodkinson

Hodkinson - Worse option than Sandow

Our best options, DCE staying, Malony and Widdop getting released are all highly unlikely

The only other guy of their quality is Carney, who would need to pull his head in, secure a release and get registered by the NRL

From there everyone is a risk, the best of which i believe would be

Hastings - would have to secure a release and apparently has a ego

Myler - Haven't seen him play but has good pedigree, but SL half to NRL half........big step

Cornish - Has potential but Ricky cant manage halves, question is has Ricky ruined him

Mid level for mine

Townsend - Actually a pretty good player, would do a job but never going to rise to anything above city/country level

Nikomoras - Talented, but steering a team around the park

Travers & Pearsell - I like what i see and think they could be our future but next season would be too soon, people compare to DCE and Foz on 2011 but Foz had played plenty and DCE just come of a big year in QLD cup

Zach Docker Clay - Junior Kiwis half and a chance to stick it to Parra

Worst options

Sandow - Not as bad as Hodkinson

Hodkinson - Worse option than Sandow
Albert Kelly too - still only 24

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8