• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff said:
How anyone can talk about fining the clubs, it being a bad look, disappointment and so on is beyond me.
That was fantastic. People love SOO because of the fights. Have a look back at an old '70's/'80's game. It's not the quality of football that everyone remembers so fondly.
Brawls & fights are what makes the game great.
It's a good look for the game because it makes other games look soft.
Our boys were great. Retaliating to the filth in the way they did was necessary.
If we get one player suspended for one week, I'll be crying foul. Give the Stewarts a medal.
As Dessie said it was a highly emotional, physically charged game. Very hard to turn the emotions off/on like a tap.
He's in front of 20,000 screaming hyped up fans right in front of his fellow players, ....whatever Blair said lit the fuse, there's no way he could let it go.
The best advertising IMO since MG and Lewis went at it.
Glen will dine out at sportmans lunches for the next twenty years just on the "what did Blair say to you question?"

What happened to Waterhouse, White and Price after the SoO? I would use the same as an example of punishment. The whole of the Queensland and NSW teams were not suspended/fined after that and the QRL and NSWRL weren't fined.

I don't know what the personal suspensions were though.

Even though I agree with Duff that we should give them medals, it won't happen because the NRL want to give Lockyer the perfect ending.

Therefore, I believe Hinchcliffe and Lussick should get no suspensions but points, Hinchcliffe for starting it. Brett should get points but he's a clean skin so no weeks off.

Glenn should get a week for retaliation. Blair should get 2 weeks for getting involved in the first fight, for running up to Glenn and starting the physical touching and mouthing off, then his involvement in the ultimate result.

Melbourne should be fined for their players leaving the bench.

One last thing though, it has been mentioned before but, did anyone hear the trainer laughing at Blair's comment to Glenn? I bet it was the Melbourne trainer and it must have been pretty nasty to cause that result.

Never mind getting News to sign a non-compete clause. If NRL fine Manly & Storm for that brawl the clubs should leave and start their own league with whatever other clubs want to play real rugby league.

I know which one the fans and players would want to support.

It's a real shame instead of focusing on how last nights game was easily the game of the season & a shining light in the mediocrity of the NRL, the media are focusing over a silly little biff that both teams moved on from & continued to play at a high level.

Looydy and Torana

Are you guys ****ing kidding me??

I looked at Brett Stewart when he ran at the fight after reading your comments thinking the guy must have clocked him 5 times in the head or something.
The guy just came racing on and tried to rip that idiot Blair off his brother. Geez if you blokes think that deserves a suspension you fair dinkum arent Manly fans.

NYEagle

NYEagle said:
Looydy and Torana

Are you guys f**king kidding me??

I looked at Brett Stewart when he ran at the fight after reading your comments thinking the guy must have clocked him 5 times in the head or something.
The guy just came racing on and tried to rip that idiot Blair off his brother. Geez if you blokes think that deserves a suspension you fair dinkum arent Manly fans.

NYEagle

I posted this in another thread but after watching it a few more times in HD on the Fox replay i think Snake should be ok as he seems to have open hands and was going for the grab, but alot of non Manly supporters don't see it that way and im sure he will get at least 1 week for being 3rd man in.

Fact is Blair ran up to Glen Setwart and provocked , and intimidated him , so he was the instigator .

torana355 said:
NYEagle said:
Looydy and Torana

NYEagle

I posted this in another thread but after watching it a few more times in HD on the Fox replay i think Snake should be ok as he seems to have open hands and was going for the grab, but alot of non Manly supporters don't see it that way and im sure he will get at least 1 week for being 3rd man in.

Fair enough Torana.
I don't think he will even get a week, unless Gallop uses his influence.

Prime bandits are G. Stewart, Blair and that grub Hinchcliffe.

Give all three a week off, and lets leave the finals between the best and the best.

NYEagle

NYEagle said:
Looydy and Torana

NYEagle

Like I said mate by taking off my Manly hat i just thought it looked pretty bad the way snake flew into the fight, I love the bloke and Love Manly and believe me when that dog Blair threw that uppercut i wanted to jump through my tv and kill him!!

Hadley is the biggest grub in all of this with his sensationalist media whoring.

This is the grub that was full tilt behind Manly's merger with North Sydney and I truly can't stand the guy.

Now he right there isn't he as soon as something blows up involving Manly. Calling in to offer opinion from his nice little 'family' girls netball final to tell us a story about how in some orange peel league recently both teams were disqualified when a similar fight broke out. He also chipped in with the 'disrepute word' and that nine or more players will be cited and that they should be suspended for week one of the finals blah blah blah.

If this brawl happened in a Tigers, Parra game he would be playing it down and just calling it human nature.

Nice of 2GB to also throw on Gallop with his deadpan assessment and immediate focus on the players rather than the need for better process when players are sent off. I bet he was smiling in his caviar and spilled it all over his gay lap when he leapt up to get a better look.

The sooner these grubs are out of rugby league media the better. They don't care about rugby league, families, or players. They only care about themselves.

NYEagle

lloydy said:
NYEagle said:
Looydy and Torana

NYEagle

Like I said mate by taking off my Manly hat i just thought it looked pretty bad the way snake flew into the fight, I love the bloke and Love Manly and believe me when that dog Blair threw that uppercut i wanted to jump through my tv and kill him!!

So, you certainly are a Manly fan. Now picture being a Manly fan and a brother. Do you think you should be suspended for that little love slap to try and rip Blair off?.

its not the fight that between the two of them but it is the fact that they did not go to the sin bin as directed by the referee.

I believe they will be charged with contrary conduct. Who knows how many weeks this could brng about, but it wouldnt surprise if the NRL make examples of them.

wombatgc said:
So far he has called for both clubs to be fined minimum $100,000. Has called Gifty a thug, called snake a lunatic, and a melon head!
Hadley says whatever he thinks will be popular with his audience, like all other talk back jocks it's his main priority. Calling Brett a melon head is more a commentary on Hadley's intelligence than on Brett's.

NYEagle said:
Hadley is the biggest grub in all of this with his sensationalist media whoring.

This is the grub that was full tilt behind Manly's merger with North Sydney and I truly can't stand the guy.

Now he right there isn't he as soon as something blows up involving Manly. Calling in to offer opinion from his nice little 'family' girls netball final to tell us a story about how in some orange peel league recently both teams were disqualified when a similar fight broke out. He also chipped in with the 'disrepute word' and that nine or more players will be cited and that they should be suspended for week one of the finals blah blah blah.

If this brawl happened in a Tigers, Parra game he would be playing it down and just calling it human nature.

Nice of 2GB to also throw on Gallop with his deadpan assessment and immediate focus on the players rather than the need for better process when players are sent off. I bet he was smiling in his caviar and spilled it all over his gay lap when he leapt up to get a better look.

The sooner these grubs are out of rugby league media the better. They don't care about rugby league, families, or players. They only care about themselves.

NYEagle

lloydy said:
NYEagle said:
Looydy and Torana

NYEagle

So, you certainly are a Manly fan. Now picture being a Manly fan and a brother. Do you think you should be suspended for that little love slap to try and rip Blair off?.

I don't want him to be suspended but i think the nrl will want him to be rubbed out, Just imagine that it was Slater that did that, we would want him gone, just saying.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
its not the fight that between the two of them but it is the fact that they did not go to the sin bin as directed by the referee.

I believe they will be charged with contrary conduct. Who knows how many weeks this could brng about, but it wouldnt surprise if the NRL make examples of them.

I think you are right Ernie and it will depend on what grade as to how long they go for. Wouldnt be surprised to see the worst grade which I think is 3 or 4 which could mean 4 to 6 weeks for each.

NYEagle said:
Looydy and Torana

NYEagle
couldnt agree more,and is Blair an angel,all the talk is about glenn being a thug,check blairs record,am I missing something here

Amazing how none of those bleeding heart letters and calls from mums/dads suggesting they will never let their kid play league because of the fight last night, make no mention of Wolfy breaking his neck. I would have thought a player breaking their neck would be of far greater concern to parents? Obviously not in this case when there's free reign to put the boot in to Manly.

Hadley mentioned that a telegraph?? survey found 75% of respondents thought there was nothing wrong with the blue.

He then claimed that it would have only been about 500 people surveyed.

He then said that the 75% that disagreed with him were wrong.

Who has a very high opinion of themselves when claiming that "at least" 375 people were wrong because they disagreed with his opinion?

The numbers were, at last look around 1340 thought it was great, 450 hated it.

Hadley is a democracy hater and can't accept any result that goes against the opinions of those who pay his wages.

NYEagle said:

NYEagle

lloydy said:
NYEagle said:
Looydy and Torana

NYEagle

I would be sure that the teams he was referring to would be Orange Cyms/Orange Hawks local derby.The game was stopped early (as have 2 or 3 other Orange Hawks games this season),and the game awarded to Cyms.You think Manly/scum was a fight!That was 2 pussy cat teams having a playful tickle!Hawks/Cyms had actual punches thrown (not like "dog" blair hanging on AFL style,and a spectator even assaulted the ref!!That was disgusting enough to watch (possible racial overtones!?),but to watch an NRL team (especially 2 with VERY high premiership aspirations) going on like that was a VERY VERY ugly look!

Telegraph poll

What did you think of the brawling in the Sea Eagles v Storm match?

Great
74.09%(1424 votes)
Disgraceful
25.91%(498 votes)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4