1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gutter journalism - now the fans are against the players?!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by doc, Jul 24, 2014.

1. doc

doc Active Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 7
    Dean Ritchie's reference today that fans are turning on the players is disgraceful. And whoever the "source" is has an even worse agenda.

Fans back the team year in year out, and if a handful want to raise concerns it doesn't mean the whole fan base is against the players.

What a joke. This is jealousy if a great club at its finest. Hopefully the club, players and fans all realise this is a point in time when this team will either be remembered can achieve and be remembered as one of the best of all time or it all breaks up and goes the other way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    The DT transposing their vitriol onto Manly Fans, nothing new in that :dodgy:

Hope that the Players now realize, that the Media or the 'source close to the Senior Playing Group', is not their friend :exclamation:

Same paper - different section - Fact Checking for the DT since 1976!
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/brett-stewarts-balgowlah-home-sells-prior-to-auction/story-fnd91nhy-1226902399406

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Sorry doc this should go in the mega thread!

This whole saga of course is all about the important persons on the board. Funny, they had a go when the Football Club held elections, they lost, yet still they bite and scratch.

4. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    The "source" is playing everyone in this, the fans, press, and the players.

5. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Whilst some sections of the fans are unhappy with their actions at the moment.. we are not against them.. until they actually leave. Even then we will hold them in high regard for what they have done for this club. I just hope they don't leave the way Des did. As I do not hold him in high regard for what he did. I acknowledge what Des did but think hes a dickhead.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Poola

Poola Active Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 8
    The media is there to inform,entertain,educate as well as communicate. That was in a time when the media respected their readers,now trash and sensationalism is an everyday occurrence in the media and true journalism has taken a backseat.
    I guess we, of another era were spoilt with the true values of journalism. These guys today are gossip columnists. Pay them no heed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Cant wait for the News Corp backed Donkeys to get their salary cap come-uppins. Lets see the DT & the like focus on THAT for a while.

Meanwhile, Manly keep on winning.

8. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    I've got no problems with them fictitiously saying we as fans are calling them greedy, just as long as they trawl up what factually

a) Bulldogs fans have and continue to say about Snake
    b) all teams fans say about Watmough and Matai

I'm sure they will take greedy every day of the week, if indeed the opinions of fans hurt their feelings so much

9. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    vidmar, on our behalf should sue!

10. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Buff head Ritchie and his news limited filth colleagues are clutching at straws. Their source of information at Manly is not respected by the fans.

The fans accept that the guys are upset a out Gifty. We all are and the club has to move forward too

news filth will never understand Manly. This campaign to derail us is driven by fear.

the breathtaking hypocrisy is that we are in crisis yet their pet clubs drizzle and donkeys are serial rorters of the cap and are a blight on the game..

• Like Like x 1
  11. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    'The blow in' :D Cheer loud for us in NZ vidmar!

12. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    How about a fans petition letter to the "source" asking him to explain his intentions to us...The members.

• Like Like x 2
  13. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Gutter journalism, there is no other kind at the DT.

14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I know, look at the PM it has left us with

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,113 / 287
    I hope the club know how much the fans love these players, and the club itself. This team has helped me through the toughest time in my life these past 12 months. It's the reason I'm a returning season ticket holder, and will be to the day I die.

I love this playing group. Hell, I loved the playing group when Ferris and Mullayne were in the halves. Might have whinged at the time, but they were my boys.

• Like Like x 2
  16. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    So far the team has been able to cope with the "crisis". Unfortunately when we suffer our next loss the rumours and innuendo will come thick and fast.

17. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Ferris's son appears to be a handy player. Seen him strutt his stuff for Narraweena & our Harold Matts team :)

18. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Zorba can go play in traffic afaik.

19. faithful

faithful Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 7
    Just dont buy or read any news corp publications then we will all sleep better.

20. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    Or watch TV...or listen to the radio...or turn on your computer....or turn on your phone...or go to the club....its everywhere faithful....

THE SKY IS FALLING