Gutted but on the bright side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snoz

I am as devastated as everyone with the loss of Des and potential loss of some Manly players HOWEVER

If the reports are true and Manly offered Des $1 mill a season then we are in a pretty handy position to attract a great coach at that price and he may also bring a few handy players.

So while it may seem the world is about to end all is not lost!!!

I wouldn't mind the club approaching Mal Meninga - the Qld players seem to love him and seems to be a good people person!!!

Apparently he doesnt coach the Qld side according to the Telegraph

also there is a fear of losing players with hasler leaving but that was always the case after premierships are won. the salary cap bites big time and players are offloaded.

look who we lost since 08

bell
orford
hall
bryant
menzies
lestrange

some pretty handy players that were replaced in the end!!!

my biggest fear is that sponsors will stay away now that hasler is leaving!

Snoz said:
I am as devastated as everyone with the loss of Des and potential loss of some Manly players HOWEVER

If the reports are true and Manly offered Des $1 mill a season then we are in a pretty handy position to attract a great coach at that price and he may also bring a few handy players.

I wouldn't mind the club approaching Mal Meninga - the Qld players seem to love him and seems to be a good people person!!!

Check out his record coaching Canberra before making statements like that.
His record as Qld coach is second to none but have a look at who's playing for him.

eagles2win said:
Snoz said:

Check out his record coaching Canberra before making statements like that.
His record as Qld coach is second to none but have a look at who's playing for him.

i was in canberra at the time and in fairness to him the champion side that sheens had was slowly neing dismantled. i think mal has learnt alot since then and seems to have the power that is required to keep the players within the club due to his soo record.

not sure if anyone else has that type of power at the moment besides bennett, belemy and hasler!!

On the bright side, perhaps Des sees Toovs is ready for the next challenge. And he takes the Bulldogs $1m per year, puts his feet up (he's not a career coach), and eventually gets a huge payout to go back to Manly with the Dogs scraping the bottom of the NRL ladder.

Winners all round. That's how it plays out in my Twilight Zone.

Snoz said:
also there is a fear of losing players with hasler leaving but that was always the case after premierships are won. the salary cap bites big time and players are offloaded.

look who we lost since 08

bell
orford
hall
bryant
menzies
lestrange

some pretty handy players that were replaced in the end!!!

my biggest fear is that sponsors will stay away now that hasler is leaving!

None of those went to another NRL, not directly from Manly anyway. It's been a while since we lost a good player to a rival club, would be a weird feeling seeing any of the current squad running around against us. In fact, now I think about it I don't think we've lost a good player to another NRL club since before the Beagles disaster. Burns is probably the closest, but IMO he wasn't a big loss and really hasn't done anything since leaving. Imagine seeing DCE, Foran, Lussick, Buhrer, or either of the Stewarts kitted up against Manly

Cliffy and tooves have got maroon and white blood sort out the board keep our nucleus of players Lyon Evans Foran Stewarts
Choc Balin matai and the young players
Coming thru and we will be sweet
Even pay Rick Stone to coach if Tooves
Doesn't want it or work out there are a few
Good coaches out there, what about Jjohns?
We cant win it every year, every 3rd or 5 th
Year is just right.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7