Gutsy effort

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Very proud of that performance. Penalties 9 - 4 against us; of course Darren couldn't go out a loser.
Loved the performances of Robbo, Cherry and Seu Seu was great.
We'll take a lot out of that.

The Who said:
Very proud of that performance. Penalties 9 - 4 against us; of course Darren couldn't go out a loser.

I thought the commentators where more on the Bronco's bandwagon than the refs were. We were always going to lose the penaly count, but the commentators where verbally rooting for Brisbane to win. You don't see that sort of unprofessionalism in commentry of sports televised overseas.

codewana said:
The Who said:

I thought the commentators where more on the Bronco's bandwagon than the refs were. We were always going to lose the penaly count, but the commentators where verbally rooting for Brisbane to win. You don't see that sort of unprofessionalism in commentry of sports televised overseas.

Yes you do! Have you ever heard NZ commentators? Or a Sri Lankan cricket commentator on the cricket the other night?

That was a fantastic effort. Everything was stacked against us. The fact is that we were inches from getting at least level, Matai was very unlucky with that offside.

The game was decided by the Hannant strip on Oldfield that muppet Maxwell missed and they scored from the next set.

It was interesting that as soon as Manly threatened the refs came to the party and got the ponies over the line.

Old 3rd man Thaiday needs to be suspended for that horror show tackle on Kitey.

Manly showed great courage and spirit and I am convinced we can win this thing now.

Next week is must win, we do that and we dont leave Sydney.

ads said:
codewana said:
The Who said:

Yes you do! Have you ever heard NZ commentators? Or a Sri Lankan cricket commentator on the cricket the other night?
I haven't, actually, but I'll take your word for it @[ads]. I think about NFL, NBA, EPL etc when I think about professionalism in commentry.

BTW, I'd much prefer more professional refereeing!

codewana said:
The Who said:

I didn't sense that at all Code.

They seemed pretty impressed with Manly's efforts throughout. Taking the maroon & white goggles off, it's not unreasonable for neutral commentators to hope that a champion player can go out a winner. The ones you are bagging today were very happy for Steve Menzies to score that try in the 2008 GF.

Was more in reference to them hoping the Broncos would win it. An example being the forward pass that was ruled a no try. I do see your point though @[phantar]

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4