Gutherson on the cheap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No not Gutherson but a couple of hard running forwards that put fear into the opposition.
All teams have them ....even on the bench. Who are ours?
Give me Bromwich and Asofa-Solomana.
Say what you like about Bellyache but he has a tough pack, good recruitment and gets the best from fringe players.

Gutherson at centre had enough excellent game tonight.

So glad Barrett and Bozo punted Gutho for Williame. NOT
I don't think it was a matter of punting Gutho for Williame. We had both of these blokes contracted. It was more a case of whom another team would take so we could make room for Dylan Walker.
If Dylan keeps turning it on like he did against Penrith, I don't think too many will be arguing about his signing.

I don't think it was a matter of punting Gutho for Williame. We had both of these blokes contracted. It was more a case of whom another team would take so we could make room for Dylan Walker.
If Dylan keeps turning it on like he did against Penrith, I don't think too many will be arguing about his signing.
Walker will prove all the doubters wrong soon enough. He is the best centre in the NRL on his day. His day is coming too.

Yeah not sure how many times it has been told but they had to shed players to sign both walker & taupau. Ideally the players going would have been, burgess, starling Mateo etc however no one wanted them so unfortunately hiku and gutherson were sacrificed. Sad to see them go but I would have walker and taupau over guth & hiku any day

I've probably got as much hair as I did back in the day, just not on top of my head......my eyebrows have a mind of their own, ear and nose hair is thriving and while I no longer have hair down my back I do have hair growing out of it.
Thank God someone else as well, here's me thinking that something strange was happening to my body

We're cutting edge evolutionaries. In the future everyone will look like us.

Arrr Moondog, as a student of science, I can tell you the number of evolutionary dead ends far exceed the number of currently successful strains.

Given human dominance over our environment requiring less need for our own fur coat, and the propensity for acquiring the total brazilian look from the younger set, I fear you and your hirsute offspring are doomed.

CSI teams worldwide are struggling to find one pubic hair at any crime scene.

Arrr Moondog, as a student of science, I can tell you the number of evolutionary dead ends far exceed the number of currently successful strains.

Given human dominance over our environment requiring less need for our own fur coat, and the propensity for acquiring the total brazilian look from the younger set, I fear you and your hirsute offspring are doomed.

CSI teams worldwide are struggling to find one pubic hair at any crime scene.
Well I think a lot of people will look like us.....maybe just the women....

I have no issue with Dylan being signed. He is a gun player.

The issue is we punted both Hiku and Gutho on the premise that Stewart, Lyon, Matai and Tafua would all stay injury free with Williame as back up for the odd game.
How many times in the last 4 years have these players all been on the field at the same time for extended periods?

Hiku had to go but getting rid of Gutho, a local junior and young was short sighted and frankly stupid.

Totally backed up with us forced to buy another back from the Cowboys.

Anyway, that is how I feel.

I have no issue with Dylan being signed. He is a gun player.

The issue is we punted both Hiku and Gutho on the premise that Stewart, Lyon, Matai and Tafua would all stay injury free with Williame as back up for the odd game.
How many times in the last 4 years have these players all been on the field at the same time for extended periods?

Hiku had to go but getting rid of Gutho, a local junior and young was short sighted and frankly stupid.

Totally backed up with us forced to buy another back from the Cowboys.

Anyway, that is how I feel.
Totally agree how disappointing it was to let Cutho go. I just think they had to let players go that were wanted by other clubs to sign Dylan and Marty. Williame was not in the equation.

Just wondering why people believe they were the first choice to go? I thought the club tried to move on Matty B, Mateo, burgess, starling and BJ but could not find any takers....the problem being they had already signed new players so were forced to look to offload more attractive options like peta and guth....which lead to players like wright having to come in as cheaper replacements for depth.

Where the club mucked up was not finding homes for the discards before getting new players (like Marty t, Walker, Myles etc) but I am guessing it is not that simple to do

As far as I knew, it was players like Pommy Burgess, Feleti Mateo and Josh Starling who refused to leave when tapped on the shoulder last year that led to the club offloading Gutho and Hiku.

Remember that the original plan actually didn't have us getting either Walker or Taupau until 2017, but they became available at the end of 2015 and rather than let another club get them, we pounced. That's when we tapped those 3 on the shoulder in order to get Marty and Dylan.

Unfortunately they didn't go quietly and we were forced to release Gutho and Hiku in order to sign Walker and Taupau and still be cap compliant.

If things had gone the way as planned, we'd have signed Walker and Taupau and still been able to keep Gutho and Hiku.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6