• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I was watching The Roast this morning and the guys were talking about the obstruction ruling again. The moment under the spot light was from Friday night, Dragons and Raiders.

What happened was a decoy runner accidentally clipped the legs of Matt Cooper and the ball runner ran through the gap. It was awarded a try however I think it was incorrect.

Anyway, thats not what the post is about. I was shocked to hear Phil Gould's opinion on the play.

Nothing to do with the Radiers, nothing to do with the Dragons. Instead he brings up the following topic:

"You know, I blame Bob Fulton for these decoy running plays. He actually coached for that stuff. Terry hill would run through and deliberatly kick the legs out of defenders. A few semi-finals during the 90's I remember that happening."

Sometimes he makes a lot of sense but today, he's just a sore-losing f**kwit.

Phil Gould .... :doh:

No doubt one of those semi-finals was the one against Gould's rorters in 1997, won by a Craig Field Goal.

That comment neither offended or surprised me.
Just think back to those days, Fulton was onto everything, I'm sure that probably did happen. Gus is just dirty that he didn't think of it first.
He's got to be defesive when it comes to Bozo, he's the only bloke that can match his football brain.

It probably went on, was too young to be looking out for such things

Well we are on the Roast, how about the massive wraps they were giving Des on his coaching ability

No doubt one of those semi-finals was the one against Gould's rorters in 1997, won by a Craig Field Goal.
Not to forget Craig Innes scoring in the last few minutes from a Cliffy pass to put the Roosters to death for the season in 96.

I'm not really concerned about what gus said about Bozo.

What I will say though is how was that obstruction they were talking about awarded a try??

The reason Matt Cooper didn't get to the defender is because the decoy took him out!! Is that not exactly what an obstruction is??

Yeah, that ruling was a joke.

But it gets less coverage than the touch and go penalty when we played Titans.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2