Gus - Topics merged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
cf2 is back link said:
Gould is way smarter than any of the other NRL media combined.

As another poster said the plain facts are:
- we have a 50% (12/12) season record that is hardly impressive
- we have a 50% (5/10) Brookie record that is unacceptably poor
- we limped into the semi's dropping from what should have been 4th/5th to 8th
- we play the no 1 team in the comp and have a thousand injuries/suspensions
- our form has been hopelessly weak and inconsistent in the last 8 weeks
- our season form in second half's is appalling and the stats prove it

Some people can't face the truth.

Gould does.

If Melbourne had points, we would have come 9th, and missed the finals all together.

BUT Melbourne have been playing all year with their full salary cheating roster! Who knows what would have happened if the the $torm were made to play within the cap????
A lot of if's and but's in this senario!

The NRL should be going back to the top 5.
Having half the participants of the NRL making it through to a finals series, is ridiculous. I know it was only about extra revenue but it's not right.
If that's what Gus was arguing then I'm on his side.

I REALLY hate it when people say 'If Melbourne were playing for points...'
That sentence should be changed to 'If Melbourne hadn't been caught massively abusing the system...'
Maybe we don't deserve a spot in the Top 8, but even the Cowboys are more deserving of finals footy than that pack of purple scumbags!

Goldie link said:
BUT Melbourne have been playing all year with their full salary cheating roster! Who knows what would have happened if the the $torm were made to play within the cap????
A lot of if's and but's in this senario!

We beat them 40-0.
No excuse.

We used to use excuses in 5-6 years ago. We grew from that, and have moved on. Something changed in management, and excuses are back, flooding through the organisation.

We aren't and weren't good enough.
Whether that was management of injuries, cap spending flaws, inability to remain consistent OFF the park, players wanting elsewhere, loss of sponsors, lack of attitude.....it doesn't matter.....all things considered, we didn't and don't deserve to be in the finals.

Hence the result tomorrow.
Hence the media's assumption of such.

The simple fact is we finished higher then 8 other teams , therefore we deserve to be in the finals , no if or buts about we may not have been brilliantly consistent week in week out and judging by us playing finals footy we were just good enough to be in the top 8.
manly 19 Dragons 18 :p GOOOO MANNNLLYYYYYYYYY

If Melbourne hadn't rorted the system we would have finished top 4 in 2006 instead of 5th. Won premierships 2007 and 2008 and finished top 4 in 2009. So dont go blathering about if melbourne this and that. They are cheats of the worse kind and have ****ed over every other team in the comp for the last 5 years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4