Guns N' Roses, welcome the Sydney V8 Supercars 500 to their Jungle- Dec 4th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gunny boy

4474778683_336a9f7ec9.jpg

V8 Supercars is bringing the most dangerous band in the world, legendary rockers Guns N' Roses Down Under this December for the heart-thumping ride at the Sydney Telstra 500. More than 185,000 people are expected to pack the hugely anticipated event, featuring the grand final of the V8 Supercar Championship Series plus one of the world’s biggest international rock acts!

The streets of Sydney Olympic Park will ignite over three days as V8 Supercars push the limits at the season's final battle. Last year’s bumper event crowd is sure to be smashed on Saturday night at ANZ Stadium, when screaming fans are welcomed to the jungle by bad boy Axl Rose during an exclusive Sydney performance. It doesn't get much bigger than the 2010 Sydney Telstra 500, December 3-5. Saturday tickets include racing and concert entry at just $91, with three-day passes at just $156.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=SYD50010

That's provided that Axl turn's up on time. He's notoriously known for turning up to shows late, they had to cancel shows in America when they didn't turn up.
A decade ago they were touring with Metallica and it was there turn to open and because of this fact he didn't turn up and the crowd rioted.

Yes Axl doesnt turn up on time, but why do ppl complain when they know this?? I was at the Sydney concert in 2007 they went on stage around 11.30pm ,but with festivals Axl is usually more proffessional and hits the stage when told as im sure this will be a fixed schedule that he will have to keep in order to be paid..
And the Metallica thing you have got all wrong.. Guns and Metallica co-headlined but Metallica agreed to go on stage first. In Montreal James Hetfield burnt his arm during the set meaning Guns had to come on early. They played for about 1hour 30 mins and Axl was having severe vocal and throat problems so they had to end the show.. Thats why the riot occured...

For anyone who hasn't been to the Telstra 500, I can certainly recommend it as I was there last year. The concerts put on last year were fantastic with Barnesy belting em out.

I go to a fair few of the V8 Supercars events throughout the year and my all time favourite would have to be Hidden Valley in Darwin

OneEyedEagle link said:
For anyone who hasn't been to the Telstra 500, I can certainly recommend it as I was there last year. The concerts put on last year were fantastic with Barnesy belting em out.

I go to a fair few of the V8 Supercars events throughout the year and my all time favourite would have to be Hidden Valley in Darwin

How does it work? is the race inside ANZ stadium? if i get general admission tickets do we just go to the centre of the stadium for the race and concert??

Gunny, The cars don't actually race in ANZ but do race in the streets around it.

GA tickets will get you into the stadium, i.e. out on the grass (playing area).

GA tickets will not allow you to sit in the grandstand or to stand in the mosh pit.

The grandstand and mosh pit are reserved for corporate or reserved grandstand seating.

What they did last year was if you had a corporate or reserved seating and you wanted to get into the mosh pit you actually had to register about 2 hrs prior to the concert starting.

Thanks Oney Eyed... Are u sure GA tickets dont let u into the moshpit?  isnt the idea of none seated tickets= the entire standing area which = the mosh pit?

I was at the Welcome to The Jungle tour at the entertainment centre when the band was Guns & Roses and not the Axl Rose band as it is now.

Wonder how much they are paying for this to keep the crowd number artificially high.

Ask any motorsport participant, the Sydney 500 is a joke and a waste of money that could be better spent on upgrading eastern creek to international standards for use by EVERYONE.

gunny boy link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=184034.msg274785#msg274785 date=1279102091]

How does it work? is the race inside ANZ stadium? if i get general admission tickets do we just go to the centre of the stadium for the race and concert??
[/quote]

Actually the race will be held inside the stadium.  People might not know but Brookie was actually used as a race venue back in the days before Mt Panorama.  The pits used to be at the back of the hill, you can still see the foundations if you look close enough. 

GA tickets do not let you into the mosh pit but just outside from it. As I mentioned, last year reserved seating and grandstand only had access to the mosh pit.

Cuss, did you actually attend the event? All grandstand seating was full, in my opinion the event was not a waste of money and Sydney does deserve such an event.

I take it that you’re not interested in motor racing and have possibly never attended an event on a regular basis or if any at all.

I have a fondness for Eastern Creek as it’s the only place apart from Bathurst that you can still take a BBQ into the place and not be forced to pay for the crap food that they serve at these events. Eastern Creek is a great track for viewing motor racing as was Oran Park, but sadly the land is being sold off and developed by greedy developers. In my opinion Homebush is underutilised.

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=gunny boy link=topic=184034.msg274816#msg274816 date=1279103586]
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=184034.msg274785#msg274785 date=1279102091]

[/quote]

Actually the race will be held inside the stadium.  People might not know but Brookie was actually used as a race venue back in the days before Mt Panorama.  The pits used to be at the back of the hill, you can still see the foundations if you look close enough.  
[/quote]

What a classis, good one gronk. One of your best.  ;D  :p

Mt Panorama is actually not as big as it looks on TV, it used to be a 9 hole golf course, with 3 par 3s, it only looks bigger on TV becuase of trick photography.

the whole thing is actually located inside the bathurst showground, so i dont see why they cant have the race inside ANZ stadium, everyone would get a good seat.

Thank you for your email. The concert will be first in best dressed - There is no Hot zone this year so it will not matter what kind of ticket you have.

Kind Regards,

Lucy Merget | Receptionist - Administrator |

Sweet so my general admission  ticket will get me in the mosh ..unlike last year

gunny boy link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=184034.msg275546#msg275546 date=1279197321]
Look out for Cars taking a while to finish the race though :)
Sarcasm is funny the first time, but it gets old pretty fast...
[/quote]

sarcasm?? :)

OneEyedEagle link said:
Cuss, did you actually attend the event? All grandstand seating was full, in my opinion the event was not a waste of money and Sydney does deserve such an event.

I take it that you’re not interested in motor racing and have possibly never attended an event on a regular basis or if any at all.

Hahaha, too funny.

I didnt attend, I refuse to support that kind of race.

I raced at the last supersprint at oran park, ill be at eastern creek in a months time on the bike and have done more club level events than I can remeber.

Did you even read what I said? The money is being wasted because its being put into a temporary event for a publicity grab. They pay to put big bands on to make sure the numbers are big and lose money on the event overall.

The track layout itself is boring and badly designed. It is great for 'action', but would be s**t to actually race on. But I cant race on it because its only there for 1 week of the year for 1 event.

Notice how I said participant in the first post? Its because the average chisel loving bogan loves it when the taxis crash coming into a chicane (because there arent enough proper corners on the track so they have to invent some) but anyone who actually cares about motorsport and development knows that these events are a bad idea.

Put the money into Eastern creek and I can have multiple layouts and race the whole year around and also attract other events to come here.

I agree with some of your post CussCuss, but disagree with the part about it being **** to race on, all reports on it were good from the drivers last year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7