Guess your rnd 1 team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
Guess your round 1 team, its obviously going to be hard with some possible departures but it would be good to see if we could dig this thread up rnd 1 next year and see who pulled it off.

My team would be:

Stewart
Farrar
Matai
Lyon
Tafua
Foran
DCE
King
Ballin
Kite
Watmough
Chee Kam
Stewart

Buhrer
Faoso
Rose
Galavou

Buhrer might get the start on Chee Kam, tooves needs to determine weather he is a hooker or a forward, i like him as a forward. Lets see how it turns out !

1. Stewart
2. Hiku
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tafua
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
13. Stewart
12. Chee Kam
11. Watmough
10. King
9. Ballin
8. Fa'aoso

14. Buhrer
15. Mauro
16. Rose
17. Galavao

1. Stewart
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Farrar
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Faoso
11. Watmough
12. Galavou
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Mauro
16. Rose
17. Stromquist

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. ?
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Buhrer
10. King
11. Choc
12. L Foran + 5kgs
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Faaoso
16. Sao, galuvao, mauro
17. Rose

Not chee kam yet. Bring in someone to do chocs up the middle role, and let choc be a little wider at times. Buhrer as a backrower in 2013 thanks. Use Liam throughout the year as back-up hooker if pre-determining taking ballin off in the 2nd half. Need a winger to step up next year until Wolfie is back.

effnic said:
How does King still make first grade? Oh yeah he is our captain. Thanks Des.
I don't get the anti-King comments. One of his best ever seasons I thought. He wasn't at his best at season's end due to injury but before hurt he was consistently a leader of our pack. Kite on the other hand seemd to step up later in the year after King was hurt.

From mid year I saw kingy get smashed a few times, especially from tacklers coming in from the side. He's not in Martin Lang territory yet, but I think he needs to vary his play.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
effnic said:
I don't get the anti-King comments. One of his best ever seasons I thought. He wasn't at his best at season's end due to injury but before hurt he was consistently a leader of our pack. Kite on the other hand seemd to step up later in the year after King was hurt.

He is the new whipping boy now that TREX has left us. He did show great form before injury.

Mal Cochrane said:
Not chee kam yet. Bring in someone to do chocs up the middle role, and let choc be a little wider at times. Buhrer as a backrower in 2013 thanks. Use Liam throughout the year as back-up hooker if pre-determining taking ballin off in the 2nd half. Need a winger to step up next year until Wolfie is back.
This

SeaEagleRock8 said:
effnic said:
I don't get the anti-King comments. One of his best ever seasons I thought.

Effnic doesn't appear to watch a lot of football.

With the team, Taufua will play on the left wing (number 2), and I agree, Farrar will get first crack on the other.

10 bonus points to Napper for spelling Jorge Taufua's name correctly :D

Subtract the 10 points for having Buhrer start at hooker & also warming the bench ;)

My run on team
1. B Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku (assuming Wolfy not fit)
6. K Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. G Stewart

14. L Foran
15. Fa'oso
16. Mauro/Smoking Joe
17. Rose

Snake
JT
Killer
Stevie
Farrer
Foran
DCE
Gift
Choc
Beaver (has get out clause now that Catalans coach Robinson has signed with Roosters)
King
Ballin
Mauro

Buhrer
Fa'aoso
Joe G
????? (I don't think Kite or George will be here next year)

Mals said:
10 bonus points to Napper for spelling Jorge Taufua's name correctly :D

Subtract the 10 points for having Buhrer start at hooker & also warming the bench ;)

Jeez. Good pick up.

Lyon is the only player capable of that. He is the Chuck Norris of the NRL.

1. Snake
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Farrar
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Galuvao
11. Watmough
12. Buhrer
13. Stewart

14. Fa'aoso
15. Mauro
16. Annear
17. Stromquist

Buhrer needs to step up, time for the word potential turn into nrl starter. Don singe needs to work on getting him bulked up. For our team to go forward, choc needs to move back to edge make our attack more nimble on the edges. Chee kam impact bench player simply our bench needs more starch he will add this.

Although very sad now, nice to see that mickqld thought Annear would be in the 1st grade side next year.

RIP young Eagle! May you soar above us!

My thoughts on next years team fully fit.

1) Stewart
2) Taufua
3) Lyon
4) Matai
5) Williams
6) Foran
7) DCE
8) King
9) Ballin
10) Kite
11) Watmough
12) Buhrer/Fa'aoso/Chee Kam