Guess how low the crowd will be

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tell tale one is the dogs, 4 games each and significantly behind.

There were more than 10K manly supporters there on Friday our of 35K total. Had the Dogs played cows they would have had 20K at homebush at their home ground.

Fluffy said:
tell tale one is the dogs, 4 games each and significantly behind.

There were more than 10K manly supporters there on Friday our of 35K total. Had the Dogs played cows they would have had 20K at homebush at their home ground.

If the Dogs fans (and media groupies) want to whinge that it's cause '..SFS isn't our home ground', well (a) it isn't Manly's either, and (b) their record in the Homebush area against any non-Sydney opposition is an average attendance of just 18170 over 4 games.

It's stats like this that used to make me think....well why wont someone publish it? Manly Daily? Fatty - you're still on tv aren't ya?
Manly web site? You know, something to make the fans that do go, not too feel like scum n stuff.

But, as long as the players and fans know through wonderful sites like this one, I'll embrace the no one likes us mantra.

globaleagle said:
It's stats like this that used to make me think....well why wont someone publish it? Manly Daily? Fatty - you're still on tv aren't ya?
Manly web site? You know, something to make the fans that do go, not too feel like scum n stuff.

But, as long as the players and fans know through wonderful sites like this one, I'll embrace the no one likes us mantra.

GE - what is the average Canadian's perception of the Manly Warringah rugby league club?

Mals said:
globaleagle said:

GE - what is the average Canadian's perception of the Manly Warringah rugby league club?

about 537ml per year

Daniel said:
Mals said:
globaleagle said:

about 537ml per year

Dan's drunk!

Well, I can't speak for all Canadians....

Obviously hockey is the big thing here. It's interesting being in another country though, you know there are people who just don't give a damn whether we are knocked out or not, the bad ref's calls, who wins, the salary cap etc?!?!?!

Just like a lot of you didn't care when the Vancouver canucks got knocked out of the finals or even that there is a lock out looming where a whole season may be lost because owners and players cant agree!

can you imagine that happening in the nrl?

So, there is a huge vastness of indifference here. Hockey, cfl, nfl, nba, baseball, nascar all take their interest.

Everyone that sees me in my jersey thinks I am talking about union (damn it).

Even our great hats have been called a 'west coast eagles' hat (because the lack of manly on it, and one of the reasons my hat ran away if you remember.

So the battle is to get awareness of rugby league in the first place.

It is on cable/satellite here though.

Everyone I show highlights too is amazed at how brutal the game is and how little in protection people wear.

Keep in mind that hockey fights are common, encouraged, and only penalised with a 2 or 5 minute time out as well.

So their perceptions about Manly would be either positive, thanks to manly fans spreading the good word about this great club, or not so much if another Australian league fan has told them we're evil.

I think lack of knowledge about the game rules all thoughts though.

If shown the game, they think it's awesome. More access to the game would help.

Having a brother in law that didn't go for souths would be better still!

There's great opportunities for league here I reckon.

convoluted, sorry.

@[Mals]

I am hoping for at least 15,000 but wouldn't be shocked if it was less than last years considering it is a Friday night and we have just lost our first semi.

I will be there, can't wait. Shame about Macman dogging it.

the usa vs canada game had over 5 thousand there, so did the jamacia game as well good development in this part of the world for league.

No matter how many Manly fans turn up there'll be claims after the game by the media.

If we get heaps of fans there the media will claim it was their articles that prompted the sea eagles fans over the 'spit bridge" or secondly if there's a poor showing it will be the "I told you so" articles trotted out.

I'm looking to attend tomorrow with a mate.

Should I just purchase the cheapest ticket and move around to the middle?

I hope people just show up. No excuses. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to go tbh. It is a 7:45pm kick off so there should be plenty of time for most people to get there from work.

The biggest struggle for me is always to get to Brookie at 7pm for Monday night games from work in the city, so this game will be a breeze for me! I imagine Manly have plenty of fans who work in the city so they should all be able to make it!

I reckon the crowd will be 20K+ Hopefully we can get enough to make a real statement to all these b@st@rds in the media...

Enough is enough already .

Plain and simple , Give us a game that is not in peak hour Friday night , Give us a reliable public transport system ,give us a time slot that is family friendly, give us a game that is not shown live on TV , give us a proper home game , and give us a non out of town competitor . Any or all of above would see a bumper crowd without doubt.

We are labelled many things being Manly supporters , for which I wear with pride. But I draw the line on being labelled lazy, complacent and without passion .

If we can see 20,000 there on FRIDAY NIGHT of which 19,000 will be Manly supporters , then congrats wholeheartedly to all those that can make it .

Just one more reason I hope the Boys can rally and stick it up the system yet again.

End of rant , feeling better now !!!!

Believe or not I even had a call yesterday from the NRL, they had heard about me bringing fans together.

He said they (as in NRL) are copping a lot of heat as well from the Media.

He asked if I'd let the media people call me to refute some of these stories....I said happily.

To date.......NOT one call!!

Are you surprised??

Anyone got an updated PAX number from a ticket bought today?

Indications are showing the crowd will be 15,000 to 17,000. I hope we can do a lot better – so any of the maybe’s attending we need to convert them to say YES (purchase tickets now & overnight).

Whilst we may have an odd shower today in Sydney, the forecast tomorrow is real good – Sunny and a high of 20oC … tell everyone.

MadMarcus said:
I hope people just show up. No excuses. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to go tbh. It is a 7:45pm kick off so there should be plenty of time for most people to get there from work.

The biggest struggle for me is always to get to Brookie at 7pm for Monday night games from work in the city, so this game will be a breeze for me! I imagine Manly have plenty of fans who work in the city so they should all be able to make it!

I reckon the crowd will be 20K+ Hopefully we can get enough to make a real statement to all these b@st@rds in the media...

I finish work at 5.00pm in Canberra. I can't get away early because my boss and 2 other staff are away right now. I cannot possibly get there even with all the will in the world. Had it been Saturday or Sunday I would have been there.

Ralphie said:
I finish work at 5.00pm in Canberra. I can't get away early because my boss and 2 other staff are away right now. I cannot possibly get there even with all the will in the world. Had it been Saturday or Sunday I would have been there.

A true supporter would quit their job so they could make it. What is more important - food on the table or cheering for your team?

Disgraceful... :p

lol im just wondering if they ever move manly to sfs or homebush when brookie is closed what will happen? the club will be history. Manly like fish in the water brookie is our water.

Mark from Brisbane said:
He said they (as in NRL) are copping a lot of heat as well from the Media.

Give Manly like everyone else a home game and the heat might go away.

Put it on at the SFS but give Manly fans a family friendly kick off time & day and the heat might go away.

I have no sympathy for the NRL at all.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8