Guess how low the crowd will be

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its our grand final so it should be a full house.
we packed out ANZ in 2008 and 2011 and so no excuse if you are a true manly fan.

cliffhanger said:
Its our grand final so it should be a full house.
we packed out ANZ in 2008 and 2011
and so no excuse if you are a true manly fan.

I agree with this. It could be our last game of the year.

Yes, it sucks we do not get to play at Brookie and i can't see the NRL changing their finals format.

So, lets try everything we can to get to this game. Lets pack it our for our team. No doubt the team would love to see a packed SFS

I think there will be about 17000
Last year the weather looked really dodgy until just before kickoff. Would have scared off the armchair supporters.

I would like to see it packed with Manly supporters like the Broncos semi last year. If i remember right it was a friday too. The papers never write why we get low crowds like our last 4 semis have been on a Friday night. Maybe that has a bit to do with it. Papers love Manly bashing.

Lower than a Hermes limbo, mon

futurama_hermes_limbo_under_stove.jpg

416058-manly-fans.jpg

MANLY fans have been urged to avoid a repeat of last year's embarrassing semi-final turnout as it emerged that more Raiders than Sea Eagles supporters have snapped up tickets to this weekend's fixtures.

The defending premiers will take on North Queensland in a sudden-death semi-final at Allianz Stadium on Friday night - the same match-up that yielded a crowd of just 13,972 in the corresponding game last season.

As of last night, Raiders supporters had purchased 1890 tickets to Saturday's knockout semi-final against the Rabbitohs, whereas only 1162 Manly fans had bought tickets for Friday night.

Desperate to avoid a repeat of last year's poor fan showing, Manly co-owner Scott Penn said: "I know the players want to play in front of a big crowd this Friday night and we're hoping Allianz Stadium will be a sea of maroon and white."

It was a year ago yesterday that a crowd of less than 14,000 attended the qualifying semi-final between Manly and North Queensland, fuelling the view that Sea Eagles fans are reluctant to travel to support their team.

Manly went on to win the grand final in dramatic circumstances and, despite the exit of coach Des Hasler in acrimonious circumstances during the off-season, the Sea Eagles are now just two wins away from another grand final appearance.

After a weekend that saw the AFL (215,724) comfortably outdraw the NRL (101,747) in attendance figures, NRL interim CEO Shane Mattiske has implored Manly fans to head across the bridge to watch their team on Friday night.

Special bus services departing from Warriewood and Dee Why have been arranged.

"Manly have some incredibly passionate fans and they will be relying on the support of all of them at the ground," Mattiske said. "Friday night is sudden death against the Cowboys and it is the time that every fan should want to get behind their team."

SCG Trust CEO Jamie Barkley pointed out that more than 30,000 Manly fans attended the following week's semi-final against Brisbane last year at the same ground.

"Manly are among the most loyal fans in the NRL," Barkley said. "Like all finals games, this will be footy at its best. You wouldn't want to miss it at rugby league headquarters."

Martyn Penny, a Manly fan for 45 years, will be at Allianz Stadium when the gates open.

"Manly fans get bagged all the time but we are just as passionate as any supporters in the game," Penny said.

"I really hope a heap of Manly fans get there on Friday night to silence those who keep wanting to question that passion."

Cowboys football manager Peter Parr is preparing for a big crowd, saying: "We are expecting a hostile reception."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-call-on-sea-eagles-fans-to-turn-out-in-force-for-cowboys-final/story-e6frexri-1226471413363

The worst part is that there may only be 800 of the heathen cowboys there but they will all be wearing those stupid f....ing big hats.At least we wont be forced to sit behind them.

so what do the media want 30k
Cows fans may suppy 1000 people then you may get 500 stragglers

The scheduling is why the crowd will be low, Interstate and country people have very little chance on getting to the game on Friday night, let alone ppl that have to work on friday

Scheduling is the problem here , NOT Manly fans lack of interest.

Friday night semis is crap and we all know why it happens .

Should be on a Saturday or Sunday plain and simple.

I was there on 07 when we had the Cows on a Saturday night. Over 32,000 that night and mostly Manly fans at that.

We are copping plenty of bagging in the press before the game BUT just wait until after the game.

I wonder if it was say Gold Coast V Penrith, Friday night in Sydney and 7,000 turned up....would Penrith cop the same???

In the good old days the finals were Saturday arvo and Sunday arvo....and how many thousands used to go to them??

I can still remember the SCG, and then the SFS full as a state school for every game.

It's all for TV today, and if it is then get off our backs

Eagles 78 said:
If they are up to 7,000 PAX numbers for a members only day (on day 1) that is not a bad start.

Will have the SFS Members also attending on the night plus junior league passes that can be used.

The PAX number already includes the members and corporates at the start so the article saying only 1,100 tickets were sold yesterday sounds right. Despite that slow start I think the crowd will be over 20k.

Manly should put a big screen up at brookie,

Get all the food and drinks happening...

A band to start things off....

then pack the place then link it to NRL HQ!

Plus somehow get the noise to reach the players so they see we're amped for them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6