1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grub

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Loobs, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    RABBITOHS

KIRISOME Auva’a has revealed his desire to become an ambassador for domestic violence, pending approval.

Auva’a copped a nine-month suspension from the NRL for domestic violence charges last season and now he wants to make a difference in the community.

“I’m still waiting to go through a process to become an ambassador and we are halfway there,” Auva’a said.

“Hopefully it happens soon, because I still want to help others by passing on my story. I know I did wrong by my ex-partner and it wasn’t in line with the code of conduct and that’s why I’ve worked with the NRL to come out the other side.”

Uh buddy it wasn't just wrong by the NRL's code of conduct - it was also not in line with things like respecting another human and common decency. Oh! And like totally the law too! Oops lol but hey NRL first...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    I think its quite appropriate- personally, though I would rather the NRL appointed an ambassador against domestic violence.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 5
  3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Give the guy a break, if he is truly remorseful then good on him for manning up and trying to change himself. I'm sure he understands that it wasn't just wrong by the NRL code of conduct, that was probably just the context of the interview.

I will say he does come across as an angry man on the football field though.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    He could start by campaigning for souffs to have their 2014 premiership stripped for not reporting the incident in a timely manner, and campaign for harsher penalties than the 3k 9mths (susp) he got.

In those two things I wish him all the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    Taking a big logic leap there. This is a footballer after all. And his Wiki says he tried to have his NRL ban over turned. Which says a lot about what he thought of it (i.e that Souths 7 day suspension was enough)

PS: Souths only suspended him for 7 days. My god that is disgusting/appalling.

PPS: Also, shouldn't the upstanding citizens of the NRL be ambassadors for domestic violence? Like someone who wouldn't think to do that in the first place? Or is my thinking out of wack here...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    That is enough for the Nrl to ensure that souths win the Comp again this year

7. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Careful! You know you're wanting to give Dessie's Dogs a premiership here?

8. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    As a female I say a big no thanks. His ex did the right thing, got away from him so he couldn't hit her again, very wise.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    wow....you're right!!!!

Talk about being caught between a rock and...some very solid other thing!

edit: Maybe it can be like melb when they were stripped. The title doesn't go to the loser, it's just recorded as a 'no premiers' (or whatever they did.)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,765 / 100
    Tonight we have the opportunity to see two apprentice GRUBS stake their claims. Hastings v Keary for the beat junior grubby ant title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Lol some centres these days are such hogs e.g. auva'a could have set up 2 try's but decided he was going to do it himself

12. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,816 / 53
    Maybe Hoppa can be ambassador for not sticking fingers up other player's arses? He could take Reynolds under his wing and show him the light. Maybe then the NRL would let him coach?

Makes about as much sense as what has been proposed here.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    I'd rather he was in a pine box. Wife beating scumbag

14. Eagleheart

Eagleheart Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 40
    Should not be allowed to play first grade football ever again, let alone anything else.

Anyone found guilty of DM in the NRL should have their papers stamped with a life ban.

Now that would be a clear message that the NRL finds domestic violence unacceptable, which it of course is....unacceptable.....!

• Agree Agree x 1