Grub faces four week ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Gallen faces four week ban

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html
March 31, 2008
CRONULLA skipper Paul GRUBBY Gallen is facing a suspension of up to four weeks after being charged with contrary conduct for his facial massage on Gold Coast forward Anthony Laffranchi.
The NSW Origin forward was today hit with a grade two charge by the NRL match review committee for making unneccesary contact with Laffranchi's face in the 67th minute of Saturday's game on the Gold Coast.

Gallen re-opened a nasty wound on the heavily bandaged head of Laffranchi during the incident, forcing the forward from the field and afterwards prompting Titans captain Luke Bailey to call it a "grubby" act.

The charge usually carries just a two match ban, but because of previous offences, Gallen will be facing a three-match ban with an early guilty plea, and four if he defends the charge at the judiciary and loses.

St George Illawarra forward Jarrod Saffy, meanwhile, has had a contrary conduct case referred straight to the judiciary after Canberra halfback Todd Carney alleged the Dragon bit him late in the first half of their match on Saturday.

Three other players have been charged, but Roosters five-eighth Braith Anasta sidestepped any judiciary drama ahead of Friday's grudge match against the Bulldogs with no charge laid over his high shot on Melbourne winger Steve Turner.

Brisbane's Reece Robinson and North Queensland's Travis Burns were both charged with dangerous throws.

Robinson can escape suspension with an early plea, while Burns is facing a one-match ban with an early plea - and two if fights the charge and is found guilty - because of previous offences.

Melbourne veteran Matt Geyer has been charged with contrary conduct for making unneccesary face contact, but will avoid a ban with an early plea.
AAP

As much as Nutzcraw likes to pretend otherwise, it's only a matter of time before Bird joins his mate on the sideline.  You'd think he'd learned his lesson when he kneed that Souths bloke in the head, but Bird and Gallen are both kings of niggle.

The Sharks will go real well when they have to play Stephenson in the second row.  LOL

I thought he ment Gallen too. How grubby is it to deliberatly open someones wound up again. That **** deserves 6 - 8 if you ask me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2