Ground Announcer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
ENOUGH OF THIS BLOKE!!!!!!!!

This loud useless dill thinks Glen Stewart is our fullback. No proper Manly fan would have made such a stupid error. And I am sick of this tool screaming at us to make noise every 2nd or 3rd minute.

I for one will be sending an email to the club demanding something be done about this bloke. He is embarrassing and he makes me not want to go to the game.

Larissa, Scott Penn, someone please get rid of this bloke!!!!!!!!!

he works for sky sports radio in the mornings. sounds like a boring bloke. Why can't goldmans son do the gig

He's been bollocks since he started the job, hasn't improved at all from what I can hear on the hill.

Dude just needs to learn when to shut his mouth IMO. We don't want to hear you, buddy.

Why not have an ordinary Manly fan do the job in a minimised formatted way ?

Call out the team lineup + a few excited "Manlys" when we are hot on the attack and throw in a few sponsor announements.

Keep it simple enough for a novice and change the fan/announcer each game.

Yeah I noticed him today too. When manly were losing I was pissed as hell and was yelling at him too. It's the last thing I wanted to hear.

Corso_Pete said:
He is very ordinary, his gaff when Glen Stewart was leaving the field was just bloody embarrassing.
Real foot-in-mouth stuff, I just laughed. Then he made a pathetic attempt to correct it. Unforgivable!

I have never minded the ground announcer at the games. To me it's all part of big time footy. However, yesterday when Jamie Lyon was taking a shot at goal to give us an 8 point lead at the end that moron spoke through the whole thing. Lining the ball up, the run up, the kick and was still going after it. Seriously, what a moron. Granted it was a fairly easy kick but Jesus! Did anyone else take offence to that?

Fonz said:
I have never minded the ground announcer at the games. To me it's all part of big time footy. However, yesterday when Jamie Lyon was taking a shot at goal to give us an 8 point lead at the end that moron spoke through the whole thing. Lining the ball up, the run up, the kick and was still going after it. Seriously, what a moron. Granted it was a fairly easy kick but Jesus! Did anyone else take offence to that?

Yes, I was absolutely disgusted. What about captain obvious at the end announcing that we had won the game. **** I'm glad he told me because I was about to leave not knowing who had won.

This fool is embarrassing to the extreme. He even get's a mention in the Daily Telecrap today, and I quote "It was just unfortunate the Brookvale ground announcer kept yelling and screaming all match, irritating the 20,000 crowd."

The club has to do something, I just don't think I can keep going to the games and listening to it.

Total and utter embarassment!

Gifty gave his all yesterday and then to be called Brett by the dimwit....utter slap in the face.

The imbecile could not even correct it properly "Getting my Stewarts mixed up ha ha"

Sorry Glen from all the fans who thought you were outstanding!!!

Yes, he should be shown the door. I heard it on the TV broadcast at home after the game. A person acting in an official capacity for the club one would think he would know the difference between Glenn and Brett. It looks like we just employ an outsider who knows nothing about the club players. Very poor form and inexcusable. Luckily on the hill one hears nothing of any announcer. The sound system is so ****e.

Maybe we should organise a march across the spit bridge?

I wasnt at the game yesterday but have been to a few this year... must say he really doesnt annoy me as much as he seems to annoy everyone else ( although yes I did like Goldman better ).

Obviously he is being instructed to read out those ads/announcements during the game cause we need the cash dont think he can be criticized too much for that.

Seem to be in the minority , but anyway what the ground announcer says or doesnt say is not really a big deal to me. He's just a bloke doing his best.

this isnt school on the short bus, you can't just do your best and get a pat on the back and be told you're special. He has standards to adhere to and at the moment he is well from them.

Bring back goldman!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4