Ground Announcer 2011 - please not that guy again.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
What was the real story behind the demise of Grant Goldman aka voice of Brookie? The reported falling out with Zorb or something else? Was it that bad he can't return?

Please tell me we aren't going to have that embarrassing gibberer from 2010 back again?

The guy who fell to the lowest of lows last year when we were losing horribly at home, and with 5 minutes to go and no possible chance of winning, he suddenly booms over the PA "where are you Manly fans". You could feel the whole Jane Try stand groan. Absolutely no idea about football or timing.

Post here if you agree please bring back the best in the biz Grant Goldman.

Yeah, I didn't even realise there was an announcer last night.

As long as he doesn't stoop to the level of the Snarks & 'Riff guys who try to start chants over the PA. That's downright offensive.

Agreed C & C.  I can't help but hear Goldman bag Penrith as they ran out a year or four back as hot tips for the wooden spoon.  They went on to beat us by plenty.  I thought at the time that's a stupid thing to do and will rev them up and it did.  Idiot..  

Agreed, the guy last year was absolutely terrible! Did my head in every game, and im sure there were other games where he did not say a word. Bring back Goldman for sure but if not please do not put us through that garbage from last season.

the GA is another reason food & beverage  prices are high he has to be paid..  no GA cheaper food & beer ..  just dreaming..

seriously,,  fans supporters  know their players & who they are by their numbers,,no need for him to say anything other than play music & announce the team at  the start.. oh & half time crap..
  during the game shut up..

He couldn't be as bad as that idiot at Dairyfarmers.The crowd was crap,and we had more noise than them.Every 10 mins or so,he'd call out something about cowboys,they'd do three yelling cheers,then you wouldn't hear them for another 10 mins.

the only time they ever are useful is if you in early & watching u/20s game .. you dont knw them players really, so its nice to knw the name of the scorer  announced..

Jono (from BSB) is dry funny when he's given a moment by the show's hosts. He seems like a top bloke. Goldman was terrible from a TV point of view because his booming voice cut throught to the TV commentary. Sterlo, etc would make comments about it in past seasons. Probably why he was ditched. Anyway give the guy a shot. If you don't like it hang out on the hill.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4