Greg Inglis - Step off the Mark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

spantrav

G'day all Sea Eagles fans.

I would like to contribute to this forum to a greater extend then having a rant. However, I find myself having to turn the Vermin v Cowgirls game off. I can't believe that the cheat Inglis steps off and indeed over the mark every time he gets tackled. Then once the ref doesn't award the penalty that he so desperately appeals for walks forward further whilst complaining.

He got a penalty in the first half by doing just this and then had the audacity to complain to channel "nien" that they (his team) weren't getting "hold down" penalties.

Can't watch. Sorry for the rant. And I have decided that I'm also preaching to the converted while telling others what they already know.

Apologies in advance.

He did it last year too all through the year it got way out of control, it puts the markers off and let's like grab easy meters or a penalty

Being going on for years. Slater is the same. Uber frustrating. Inglis is a protected species. If he isn't milking a penalty by kicking and screaming and thrashing about on the ground, then he is walking through and around markers if he can't pull the holding down penalty.

Seems such a waste of topic for your first post mate, a dirty turncoat grub who thinks planes don't fly in the rain. Surely there is something Manly that floats your boat and worth discussing.

Souths are let get way with all the time. Luke Burgess often doesn't get to his feet at all to get a quick play the ball in.

It's all about getting Issac Luke the chance to run from dummy half and get Souths on a roll or get a penalty from dumb referees who can't be watching video during the week or simply are ok about what Souths are doing. Inglis is the worst but they all do it at Souths.

Plus they have the Issac Luke forward pass from dummy half rule to work with too.

Well, he had the sh*ts tonight and I loved it!

Oh, that interview with Noddy at half time?
Couldn't understand a word 'No English' mumbled.

eagleE said:
Should have a go about Haryd Jayne and his thrashing about.

Hayne plants the ball down in front of himself when tackled and either gets a quick play the ball or a penalty for not being released. But he should be penalised as you have to get to your feet before putting the ball down. He was doing it Origin but no one cared as he was playing for NSW. Now he does it all the time.

Thanks for the replies all. I believe at the time of writing this the vermin have lost the match and my blood pressure has returned to normal levels.

Chip and Chase. I did not exactly introduce myself very well as I was trying to post while attempting to repair my foxtel remote from a previous Inglis associated ref blunder.

I am actually a long term Manly fan who has spent many a day and night watching Manly at Brooky and certainly enjoying the ride.

I have for employment reasons moved over to Perth and am missing incredibly the ability to go down to Brooky and watch Manly games live.

Not to worry. I will certainly take your words on board and promise to put my mind to posting something more constructive to Manly then a first post rant.

Cheers and Go Manly.

Inglis is a serial offender at doing this and also a protected species with the pinkies not prepared to police it. He does this and it gives Isaac Luke a massive leg up to catch out the markers.

Inglis is on the NRL's endangered species list and thus get looked after. He can do no wrong apparently, unless he's wearing a Queensland jumper, then most the NSW faction actually see what he does (well, while still trying not to drool over him).

While I still feel rotten after last night's loss, tonight made me happy.

Chip and Chase said:
Being going on for years. Slater is the same. Uber frustrating. Inglis is a protected species. If he isn't milking a penalty by kicking and screaming and thrashing about on the ground, then he is walking through and around markers if he can't pull the holding down penalty.

Seems such a waste of topic for your first post mate, a dirty turncoat grub who thinks planes don't fly in the rain. Surely there is something Manly that floats your boat and worth discussing.

Was this an unintentional reference to a boat C and C ? Even if it was, it was uber appropriate.

Inglis would know plenty about floating vessels.

^ It's a reference to when he was supposed to be signing with the Broncos but pulled out at the last moment to join Souths. Story is here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/how-greg-inglis-reneged-on-1m-deal-with-brisbane-broncos/story-e6frexnr-1225949108569

We all know the National Rabbitohs League wants a fast game, the faster the better so this is going to continue.

I'd be surprised if everyone isn't doing it soon.

It sounds strange but I am proud of Manly for not imitating the scum tactics of Soufs, Storm and Hayne. Most times we get up at the mark and play the ball. No thrashing around like petulant kids, no barging forward to get a cheat's advantage and no holding in an attempt to milk a penalty. When you see these tactics for an entire game then you want to turn it off in frustration. Penalise them and then put them in the bin.

I'm also glad Manly aren't copying those other grubby teams, but let's face it, if we did it, the Telegraph headlines would be, " Manly cheating grubs", and we would be penalized every time.

Two sets of rules, theirs, and ours!

ManlyBacker said:
It sounds strange but I am proud of Manly for not imitating the scum tactics of Soufs, Storm and Hayne. Most times we get up at the mark and play the ball. No thrashing around like petulant kids, no barging forward to get a cheat's advantage and no holding in an attempt to milk a penalty. When you see these tactics for an entire game then you want to turn it off in frustration. Penalise them and then put them in the bin.

If only they would @manlybacker

Same protected species that run across to knock over the Cows player that was running towrd the 20 meter for a quick tap. Horse head penalised the grub but it was a clear professional foul which should be a sin bin. Refs too weak to do that the NRL darlings.
Glory,glory to Sludge Sydney
Glory, glory to Sludge Sydney
Glory, glory to Sludge Sydney
They're a filthy bunch of grubs.

mickqld said:
Same protected species that run across to knock over the Cows player that was running towrd the 20 meter for a quick tap. Horse head penalised the grub but it was a clear professional foul which should be a sin bin. Refs too weak to do that the NRL darlings.

You're right but the NRL brought this one on themselves with the new 7 tackles 20m tap.

So Inglis gave away a penalty. What's the downside for Souths?

Cows kick but only gain 10-15m as the touch finder is in the middle of the field. They then get a six tackle set (not 7) with Souths defence all ready and waiting in a line in front of them.

It's almost worth doing what Inglis did every time your team isn't ready to face a 20m tap.

What I hate most about Inglis (and some others, like Cameron Smith), is that they are beyond criticism. Now both are undoubtedly great players, but they aren't perfect. And Inglis is an absolute shocker when it comes to the play of the ball, and he's become quite niggly in recent years to with lots of niggle in the play of the ball.

But can you possibly say this? God no, he's GI, and he is Superman. I think the Rabbitohs had the S on the chest not to promote the Man of Steel, but to pay homage to GI.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6