Green signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just a fill in, waiting for either Wright or Hynes to step up I'd say!!

Hopefully he will be a reasonable foil for Cherry on 2017, God knows he needs it!!

Absolutely mate! To be honest there is no better 5/8th option on the market for 2017 and it's only a two year deal, so I see it as a positive.

There is no way we can go in with a 'fill in' 5/8th like this year.

If we have actually signed him for only 350k that's a great deal. We 100% need a 5/8 for next year and he plays on the left too. Save the cash for rep back rowers and outside backs.
Yes great bargain buy. It will leave us more money for a strike centre, rep backrower, solid winger and a young gun 5/8 to take over from green.

This signing shows me that our staff have belief, that we can win a premiership in the next 2 years !

He is experienced and mature and that will help come finals time !

Green means stop for Foran at Manly
By Tony Adams
August 6, 2016

MANLY have signed much-improved Storm five-eighth Blake Green for next season – which could spell dire consequences for Kieran Foran’s proposed move back to Brookvale.

Green agreed to terms with Manly over a month ago, but significantly, the two parties didn’t put pen to paper until the last few days.

The Sea Eagles were holding off in the hope they could get Foran to return.

But with Green coming on good money, Manly are unlikely to be able to afford Foran.

Having three halves – Daly Cherry-Evans, Foran and Green – on good dollars would hammer the club’s salary cap balance.

It now appears certain that Foran, who walked out on Parramatta after less that a year in sensational circumstances last month, is destined to join the Bulldogs.

The troubled halfback is extremely close to Canterbury coach Des Hasler, who brought him to grade at Manly and oversaw his NRL debut.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/green-means-stop-foran-manly/

Green to Manly is probably the best signing we've made in recent years.

In this day and age no team will win a premiership or even be true contenders with only one good half. I mean, just look at how the Cows were before Morgan came along. As great a player as he is even Thurston couldn't get it done all on his own and the same is true for DCE.

DCE's best games this year, and coincidentally Manly's best games, have been when he has actually had a good 5/8 (Killer) playing alongside of him. When Cherry has had to be the lone play maker (i.e. with Walker at pivot), Manly have been easy to shut down because opposition teams know he is going to get the ball most times. Want proof? Go and watch a replay of last nights loss to doesn't-matta. They were all over Cherry last night and really didn't care too much about Walker.

I will add that a good half also needs quality service from dummy half and that is not going to happen with Api. Parcell yes, but not Api.

The problem with Walker is that his only attacking move from 5/8 is crabbing hoping a gap opens up. So teams just flatten out and shift and eventually he runs into the line and goes down.

I really can't wait for next year now. A real 5/8 and real outside backs will make a massive difference to our play. At the moment we are just restoring pride and nothing more.

That exact thing happened a few times last night......
I think it's because as a centre you get outside your man and put the jets on and it's see you later. So he keeps trying that from 5/8 from mid field and all he does is get in people's way. I'm not blaming him for being a **** 5/8 - I think he's doing what comes naturally but the problem is his natural instinct is that of a centre. Killer can tweak his game for the halves. Walker tries to play the same game.

I really can't wait for next year now. A real 5/8 and real outside backs will make a massive difference to our play. At the moment we are just restoring pride and nothing more.
For this year that's OK - take a few lumps and show some promise and that will be sufficient in the end. Next year though if there is a decent 5/8 I expect a vastly improved effort (which I believe we will get)

having watched Blake Green more closely since Manly showed interest I don't think he will bring the organizational / play maker game that DCE needs .... Cronk does that for the Storm Green plays a solid conservative roll and while that will be good I'm not sure it is what we need ..... we have played much better with Killer or Api at 5/8 ....Walker keeps confirming that his position is centre .... I hope Green can fly when he is given his wings .... meanwhile how have Tom Wright & Nicho Hynes been playing?

having watched Blake Green more closely since Manly showed interest I don't think he will bring the organizational / play maker game that DCE needs .... Cronk does that for the Storm Green plays a solid conservative roll and while that will be good I'm not sure it is what we need ..... we have played much better with Killer or Api at 5/8 ....Walker keeps confirming that his position is centre .... I hope Green can fly when he is given his wings .... meanwhile how have Tom Wright & Nicho Hynes been playing?
Wright scored a hattrick against Knights last week, he has been playing well at fullback. Very fast and has great footwork. Hynes has also been in good form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4