Greatest ever Manly GF moment or performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I know there are lots but in all the GF what is your favorite

I have 1 that stands out and will share Later
But a few others

Cliff Lyons in the 87 GF
Glenn Stewarts grubbed in 11 GF
Bozo's tries in the 73 GF

Beavers try in the 2008 grand final. I also love the break down the middle from Glenn Hall.

Sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it - to me the greatest part of the 2008 GF. When Beaver came back on my friend turned to me and said "I had a dream last week that he scored a try down the left side in the GF" I laughed and said "I hope your dream comes true" and guess what dreams really do come true - Miss ya Beaver.

Its the whole '78 Finals series, with the marvellous triumph in the GF Replay, the tuesday arvo @ the SCG. This was with a team of walking wounded, every single player carrying injuries, making the tough tackles in replays and replays. Playing with guts, determination and some magic.

In the gf replay Grahame Eadie scored two tries, Russell Gartner 1 (he'd had a magnificent series). Many of the players looked so 'battle-hardened' that the opposing teams were simply scared to tackle them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T11SnDqip34

A tough ask but 1978.

Manly played six finals games in 24 days to win the premiership after a 16-0 grand final replay win over the Sharks.

The worst 1997....sorry everyone.

Definitely the "Beaver" moment in '08'.So good to see a legend go out like that.There have been many great moments,but ask any Manly supporter,and this one will stick out.

Gotta say as great as Beaver's moment was, for me it was my 1st GF in 1976 when Thommo did the big sidestep and put Phil Lowe into the corner. We were sitting right there and it was SENSATIONAL. I was 12 yrs old and we went nuts. Stuff that up ya Parra scum YAAAAAHHHHHH.

Steve Bell 2008 was mine

Not because i particularly liked him,2006 was his best
year with us,after that the opposition figured out he was just running sideways alot,i loved that try because it gave us a record that will stand for a bloody long time

2011 Killers try,it was the end of a scary 20 minutes of footy

Noosa girl said:
Sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it - to me the greatest part of the 2008 GF. - Miss ya Beaver.

This............just had a shiver watching it then. Probably my 2nd fave player ever after Phil Blake, the man responsible for me becoming a supporter of this great club.

Yes, it has to be the Beaver try in my opinion. The memory of the cheer that went up before he came on then the cheer that went up after he scored. You talk about grown men crying...well you saw that throughout the ground that day. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke...I just wish Hindmarsh didn't play for Parra because he deserves a finish like that too.

Earnie the Eagle said:
The worst 1997....sorry everyone.

I'm probably on my own here but 1995 was worse for me. In 1995 Manly was so dominant and probably should have put a similar score on the dogs to what they did to Melbourne 15 years later but they were never really in it. Thankfully 1995 and 2007 had immediate redemption, 1997 was the end of a good run that continued downhill into the Northern Eagles days.

As for the best moment, you can't go past the Beaver '08 try. I've watched it a hundred times (or more) and it still sends a shiver down my spine. Without question one of the greatest players in our club's history and to end his career the way he did in a game that returned Manly to where they were before the dark times at the turn of the century is something that will be remembered fondly by Manly fans for many, many years.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6