Great win,but feel for big George

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love Big George as he is such a character and a throwback to the old school front rower with his physique. While his fitness may not be elite, the impact he can have off the bench can be huge when he's on song. However I also understand Tooves reasoning behind him wanting George at peak physical condition. For starters with the addition of Lawrence and Richie, straight away George has tough competition for a spot. Richie brings the same type of energy and impact George does off the bench but has a better motor on him. Brenton is the new prototypical prop who is not only strong but quick, agile and has good endurance. The improved depth has really played a part as all these guys are fitter than George. Tooves really likes his players in top physical condition so you have to respect that. You either adjust or you remain where you are which is Georges choice.

As much as I love George, him going to the tigers might be the best deal for all involved

As if Manly didnt need to move in a different direction from George after our last title. I love him, but competitive sport is what it is.

RL Gronk said:
George was told two weeks ago he had to drop 8kgs before he will get back in the nrl squad. Pretty harsh.

The club stuck with him after his horror 2007 injury, when they could have wiped their hands of his services. He's had many opportunities provided to him by the coaching staff until recently, and we as fans would expect each and every player is 120% (or 125% at a push) behind the clubs directions.

If the club now has an ultimatum for him, then he can either work his arse off to achieve that, or play the 'passenger' card and leave when he's got an opportunity elsewhere or his contract is up.

No doubt he is a character player and well loved by many fans. But in the end we need results on the field from each and every part of our squad. We aren't Parramatta and willing to accept half-arsed efforts amongst our 'team'.

Matabele said:
I thought he looked as fit as I've ever seen him in the All Stars game.

I think 'attitude' may be the problem in this instance, not necessarily fitness.

Joey said:
Unfortunately the mail is that Big George is off to the Tigers any minute now.

That's gonna upset his twitter followers that are demanding his return to first grade

WAMF said:
Matabele said:
I thought he looked as fit as I've ever seen him in the All Stars game.

I think 'attitude' may be the problem in this instance, not necessarily fitness.

Not the case at all

He is a victim of the new enforcement of the play the ball that has sped up the ruck.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2