Great Timing!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
Before anyone get's too excited about the subject heading, I'm talking about Bennett's decision to visit his new club, two days out from the Dragons finals showdown, with his last club.

Can anyone imagine one our coach ever doing this? No?

There is a lot to be said for breeding coaches from inside the fold.

It's sad that a man of his character gets talked about as one of the greatest coaches in the game. He is fantastic at what he does, no doubt there, but he has very little integrity at first glance. The way he has handled his last month with the Dragons has been disgraceful.

bones said:
And Darius didn't follow him up for the day.... Something must be seriously wrong.

No, he was there but in camo gear, a hire car, dark glasses.

I hear when Wayne takes a dump Darius is usually in the next cubicle trying to force one out.

What would Wayne Bennett do to one of his players if they went and visited the club they were playing for next year.

I recall he sacked Hodges from 1st grade for signing with the chooks....

Double standards but great news he isn't fully concentrating on his current job

Wolfpack said:
It's sad that a man of his character gets talked about as one of the greatest coaches in the game. He is fantastic at what he does, no doubt there, but he has very little integrity at first glance. The way he has handled his last month with the Dragons has been disgraceful.

Is he really one of the greatest coaches ever? For most of his career with the broncos he has had the choice of almost every queenslander and at times has fielded an entire QLD SOO side.

With the players that he has had at his disposal he should have rivalled the dragons 11 premierships in a row.

Money have never been an object for the broncos and only a fool would think that players have stayed for less at the broncos out of love and not received cash from the thoroughbreds. Funny how Bennet left the broncos just when the news that he had been receiving money from one of the thoroughbreds for years made the news.

By the time Des' coaching career has finished he will be regarded as one of the best coaches ever having won premierships on a shoestring budget with minimal resources.

Bennett's record in finals isn't that flash. Certainly way below his normal win percentage from memory

I cant stand the bloke. Always craps on about it being for a new challenge, when we all know it's all about the $$$. The guys got the personality of a cardboard cut-out, and gives nothing back to the game. One good thing is that St Choke are going to be a rabble again when he leaves. Got to love that!

I love how everyone jumps onboard the media beat ups when it is another club

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4