Great, strange and who knows signings - Bozo (Barrett) what's doing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
GREAT SIGNINGS:
DCE - no brainer and worth every cent who will win more premierships
Nate Myles - well past best but part of keeping DCE plus will attract other good names
Lewis Brown - big tough forward
Api Koroisau - talented hooker and back up to Ballin (who should be kept to play 50 mins)

STRANGE SIGNINGS:
Darcy Lussick - done very little at Parra
Tim Moltzen - a very long time since he was a first grade player and utterly forgotten at the Tigers surely only a direct swap for Littlejohn in NSW Cup
Nathan Green - completely anonymous at Saints hard to fathom why he'd even be considered

WHO KNOWS SIGNINGS:
Tom Wright - schoolboy Rugby Star hopefully the next Foran (who finally decided in the last month to stop sulking and remind us just how fantastic he is)
Matt Parcell - big wraps but who knows

Lewis Brown - small not big
Api - I'm guessing will start. Ballin if he's here is the new Wolfie - NSW Cup captain.

Missing from that:

Satini - hopefully injury free and can hopefully get bigger and better and will give us a big body out wide when our centres move on after 2017. That way, we could line up:

1. Tom Turbo
2. Jorge
3. Satini
4. Hiku
5. ?
6. Gutho?
7. DCE

Lussick is a lazy log. Moltzen makes Brett Papworth loook like mr indestructable and nathan green is fatty's love child

We paid massive overs for DCE and could have signed him for much less.

Lewis Brown - small not big
Api - I'm guessing will start. Ballin if he's here is the new Wolfie - NSW Cup captain.

Missing from that:

Satini - hopefully injury free and can hopefully get bigger and better and will give us a big body out wide when our centres move on after 2017. That way, we could line up:

1. Tom Turbo
2. Jorge
3. Satini
4. Hiku
5. ?
6. Gutho?
7. DCE
Size is not always the answer. Plenty of big logs around at the moment. We have done pretty well with our smaller pack. Satini needs to work on a thing called defence

I like the look at a few of the forward in the Under 20's, particularly the hooker who I think could be the long-term replacement for Matt.

Under 20s hooker looks pretty smart to me. The few games I have seen there have been some nice plays back through the ruck that he has orchestrated. He is pretty quick and also quite solidly built.

Hey all, nice thread... First time posting.

Regardless of all the drama along the way; we are going to have a better squad/top 17 than this year by far. Save for the No. 6, every position will be equally filled or much better. So the recruitment cannot be that bad.

Halves/Backs with: Snake, Turbo, Matai, Gutherson, Jorge, Hiku, Lyon and DCE will still be the envy of a lot of teams.

And the forward pack is looking much stronger with Myles and Jake to start up front, either one of two top quality hookers, and a much more solid back-row and bench with long term injuries coming back (Lawrence & Burher) and new faces (Brown & Lussick). And our development of the likes of Leary and Co who are starting to stand up should hold us in great stead!

It will certainly be a side, if coached properly (the biggest gamble) that should push for top 4.

Hey all, nice thread... First time posting.

Regardless of all the drama along the way; we are going to have a better squad/top 17 than this year by far. Save for the No. 6, every position will be equally filled or much better. So the recruitment cannot be that bad.

Halves/Backs with: Snake, Turbo, Matai, Gutherson, Jorge, Hiku, Lyon and DCE will still be the envy of a lot of teams.

And the forward pack is looking much stronger with Myles and Jake to start up front, either one of two top quality hookers, and a much more solid back-row and bench with long term injuries coming back (Lawrence & Burher) and new faces (Brown & Lussick). And our development of the likes of Leary and Co who are starting to stand up should hold us in great stead!

It will certainly be a side, if coached properly (the biggest gamble) that should push for top 4.
Plus a couple of the u20's guys pushing for a spot. We should hopefully have a lot of the good kind of problems next year.

Lussick, in his defence, has been at parra. Would you want will hoppa now?
Will Hoppa had two years out of the game at a crucial point in his development as a player. He wasn't allowed to train so he lifted nothing heavier than a bible and got his exercise walking around the back blocks of Queensland.

What's Lussick's excuse?

Will Hoppa had two years out of the game at a crucial point in his development as a player. He wasn't allowed to train so he lifted nothing heavier than a bible and got his exercise walking around the back blocks of Queensland.

What's Lussick's excuse?

How many years has he been in Parra? That is time out of the game

We lack two more pieces to be considered a top 4 contender.

An intimidating prop ( like JWH).

A first grade number 6 ( that takes $Forme spot).

I see us as being competitive but no more so than we are now, this is based on who we have now and who's replacing them.

A finish somewhere between 14-10 I'd suggest.

I think if we make the finals again this year, we should be able to do it next. For better or worse, the Penn State consortium will have 'their' team in place, with hopefully no more media-driven contract issues or other dramas to deal with - comparable to those the team has just gone through.

We lack two more pieces to be considered a top 4 contender.

An intimidating prop ( like JWH).

A first grade number 6 ( that takes $Forme spot).

I see us as being competitive but no more so than we are now, this is based on who we have now and who's replacing them.

A finish somewhere between 14-10 I'd suggest.

Mate, I think people are under estimating our depth and quality.
+ Jamie Buhrer back in the team will be like a new player
+ Brenton Lawrence in the team will be like a new player
+ Clinton Gutherson / Tom Trbojevic still have to make the team (somehow?)
+ Tom Wright injury free would be close to Waratah selection.
+ Ballin may well be playing Premier League
+ Lussick (re-tuned), and Myles (re-tuned) will please everyone

People are going crazy about guys like Gigg and others being sacked, but we are certainly still winning some quality players.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6