Great story on Jorge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagle1188

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good story on Jorge in the Manly Daily today
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/jorge-goes-distance/
The Eels really do have problems when a (then 19yr old) leaves their nest and comes to us looking for a contract and the things he does just to get to training.
At only 20yrs of age this kid is a star of the future (IMO) ;)

Great Stuff! That shows me he is hungry to do well, good on him. Hope he has a blinder this Friday night and steam rolls a few pony's !!

Very commendable, and he could develop into a Hoppa Snr type winger.

I must admit I gulped when reading that he was "safe under the high ball"... he also has some work to do on his defence, but he is still only a pup, and has done really well to have cracked a spot in the premiers gun lineup.

He has added a lot of punch coming out of our own end - even Robbo as safe and dependable and bloody great for us that he was lacked a bit of that, the last couple of years as he dropped a yard or two of pace.

Without Matai for those few games we really missed those crucial metres out of dummy half that HopJu and Steve provided for us last year.

We all know Snake isn't the bull at a gate ball returner that some clubs have and it's good to have Tafua there to do the first hit up after a kick return - he just looks like he is going to drop it every time the way King looks like he is always going to push a stupid pass! But both of them come through more often than not.

We are on track now, that win on the weekend was just what we needed - to beat Canberra by thirty and have those pushed passes come off would not have served us well - the hangover is fading and I feel there is a new thirst for victory rising!

Yep, all very sentimental. He's young, so hopefully he gets better...MUCH better....because frankly, he's ordinary. He's got butter fingers. His runs are nowhere near as energetic as they first were, and he's out of position a lot.

I don't see why he'd be picked over Whare.

Ryan said:
Yep, all very sentimental. He's young, so hopefully he gets better...MUCH better....because frankly, he's ordinary. He's got butter fingers. His runs are nowhere near as energetic as they first were, and he's out of position a lot.

Well that proves it,he will be a huge star, I would have been worried if you had something positive to say about the kid, hmm what did TimandTom say about you again?:D

Given time Jorge will do well for us on the wing. He's young, big & strong so he's got a lot of upside. Hopefully that time starts tomorrow night at Suncorp.

Ryan said:

Could always get Cutho back for a run on the wing hey Ryan :lol:

Surely tonight proved that Whare should be playing ahead of him.

Taufua obviously has talent, but a spell back at the NSW cup level wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him right now. Give him time to work on the things that he struggles with at the NRL level.

Was thinking of what player he reminds me of when I was watching him against the Broncs. Seems a lot like Bill Tupou IMO.

Would Whare be able to make those runs off our line though ? Probably not

Different types of players and I am happy with whoever gets a run tbh

I don't think his running and handling is an issue. He played a big part in that winning try. Simply, as others have said, his positional play in defence needs some work. Whare did play very well outside Matai in that last round game in Brisbane last year. But I like young Taufua and I hope we can keep him and Whare.

If it were a cap issue of retaining:-

Wolfman / Whare
Whare / Taufua
Wolfma / Taufua

what would be peoples preference? Everyone knows mine.

He's like Manu Vatuvai without his powerful runs. Rocks and rocks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7