great piece of coaching

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
One play that melbourne have used successfully in almost every game against us since 07 is the Cooper Cronk mid field chip for slater.

Well that trick come out tonight as expected and BANG Choc was there to charge it down and we get the ball back in good field position.
15 minutes later Cronk pulls it out again BANG Choc charges it down again.

Mark down that down to great prep work from des, he is one of the best in the business.

Another example, our right hand side of Stewart, Lyon and Williams (and sometimes Farrar) has been so potent this year.

But where do the bulk of our points come from tonight down melbournes right handside thru Shoulders Matai and Robbo.

This win was dessie's without a doubt.

At the start of the season i thought we would be making up the numbers in the bottom half of the 8 but as each week goes by i grow more and more confident in this side he has moulded.

If we can keep perry and matai we have the chance of repeating some of the long term success melbourne has had over the last 4 seasons.

whilst this was a good win as any is over the storm, many peaople on this forum are getting a bit overexcited as its only early season and we still have a tough draw of

Next 4 Rounds:
titans
Rabbits  (who are on good form)
St George
Parra (anything can happen with them)

I think if we can get through this tough period comming up then it should give a good confidence shot, i would be happy with 2 out of 4  and any more wins is a bonus.

Im not a doomsdayer btw I just offer a balanced perspective :p

Shot down that Cronk no look pass inside to Slater quickly too. Shut down just about everything they tried, gave them very little time to do anything.

D Eagle, fair call, but that performance was something special (and so far I have only managed to see 20 mins of the second half before I was rudely interupted by my boss wanting me to do some work...) hence the excitement.

I think it was a test against undoubted quality opposition for the new halves especially. the next few weeks there'll be some more. I'm looking forward to it. As someone else said, the confidence juggernaut could be starting to roll now, and I think teams will be a bit fearful of how good the pigs are going and the halves threat behind them which they won't have seen yet except on the video.

deadlyeagle link said:
whilst this was a good win as any is over the storm, many peaople on this forum are getting a bit overexcited as its only early season and we still have a tough draw of

Next 4 Rounds:
titans
Rabbits  (who are on good form)
St George
Parra (anything can happen with them)

I think if we can get through this tough period comming up then it should give a good confidence shot, i would be happy with 2 out of 4  and any more wins is a bonus.

Im not a doomsdayer btw I just offer a balanced perspective :p
you make a fair point mate
we have a great chance over the next 4 weeks to set up the season

Anything less than 2 out of 4 will be dissapointing, 3 out of 4 outstanding, 4 out of 4 incredible.

Titans are playing well but are away.

I think we can beat the Rabbids and the Slimy Eels

SGI is another level, beat them and we are genuine premiership favs!!

we should beat the tits, they have lost prince and rogers and are away, we are a better team than parra and soufs.

The drag queens game is happening on city country and test weekend so both teams will be short half a dozen or more. no form giude out of that what so ever

Titans have only played 1 decent game of football this year and that was against the Storm, if it were not for the referee helping them though, they wouldn't have won that won.

We will be tired, battered and bruise after last night but the full week recovery will help us a bit and they really are a fairly easy beat team.

T-rex was much better in positioning this week and the Storm threw nearly all their plays and kicks at him but he came up with the goods. well done

whens the test/City country?

It's in there somewhere, that could have an impact on us as well as our opponents.

Fro, the city v country and NZ test are on te Friday before we play St G Illawarra on the Saturday. Hence Fluffy's comment about it being no form guide. Both teams will be effected and hopefully the home ground advantage can help us get the two points.

There was another piece of smart coaching from Des last night. Instead of our usual sliding defence out wide we constantly got up into the faces of the Melb backs and jammed them back inside. I've never seen us consistently frustrate Melb like that before.

By the end of the match the Grub was sick of looking out for Matai and Choc missile attacks. Even when he made half a break in the last 10 mins he ended up getting sandwiched and smashed.

Interesting that Bellamy blamed his own players last night.  He's such a sour prick.  I've not noticed Des blaming his players for a loss.  We do, but he doesn't.   

DSM5 link said:
Interesting that Bellamy blamed his own players last night.  He's such a sour prick.    

Oh yes indeed.

Its the one thing i dont understand about the setup down there in melb. I can understand the drizzle players feeling free in their one team city, to knuckle down & train professionally under bellyaches regime but how does such a sour, humourless, sweaty armpitted, dictator maintain a cohesive team unit ? Surely he must grate on some players nerves constantly.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183051.msg259742#msg259742 date=1271723796]
Interesting that Bellamy blamed his own players last night.  He's such a sour prick.   

how does such a sour, humourless, sweaty armpitted, dictator maintain a cohesive team unit ? [/quote]

um, they win comps and make rep teams, along with a few news limited "favors" they are able to put up with a lot.

Watch the rats desert the ship if and when they start losing.

Who cares,any win over the mexican cane toads is sweet,particulaly in Bleak City.Last night even convinced me that Manly are the real deal.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183051.msg259752#msg259752 date=1271727445]

um, they win comps and make rep teams, along with a few news limited \"favors\" they are able to put up with a lot.

Watch the rats desert the ship if and when they start losing.

Any reason for the Seppo spelling Fro? A certain standard must be upheld.

Aren't all the "rats" tied up on 5 year deals?

none at all Duff, now back to sleep, theres a good chap.

could be 5 could be 2, their contracts aren't exactly accurate to what they get paid anyway.

Fro link said:
none at all Duff, now back to sleep, theres a good chap.

could be 5 could be 2, their contracts aren't exactly accurate to what they get paid anyway.

Somebody has to police the spelling police. I wont cut you any favours.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6