Great Crowd Edit:13,900.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phantar said:
They have something planned for the NW corner of the ground in the next couple of years - but a new entrance (where the old turnstiles are) at the NW corner wouldn't go astray. Only cost 2-3 hundred grand for a similar treatment to the new ones at the SE corner.
Also:
Have groundstaff in communication via radios re-directing people to other entrances (if need be) wouldn't hurt either. Or is that too logical?

Hi there,

Unfortunately I'm not privvy to any future plans for more turnstiles in the NW corner at Brookie. If I hear anything I will let you all know.

All groundstaff as well as Manly Sea Eagles representatives are in communication via radio on game day. Unfortunately last night all entrances were experiencing similar lengthy queues. Under normal circumstances staff would direct people to the locations with the least people waiting. So yes, a very logical suggestion :)

Should anyone have any questions/feedback relating to last nights game please contact the Membership Team on [email protected]

Go Manly!

Larissa

Excellent Monday night crowd. Very pleasing to see.

I was cheering on the boys from Lamai Beach , Koh Samui.
"live" coverage at 4pm over here.

The Michael "Changs" were going down a treat.

ChuckWood said:

Half your luck :)

RE: Great Crowd 18,700!!

Jethro said:
ayjay007 said:
Jethro said:
ayjay007 said:
I was there.No way it was 18+K.Heard there were 40" queues to get in,so a healthy crowd,none-the-less!15 B4 kick off there were about 7 or 8.

Was that 40" (inch) or 40' (feet)? :huh:

"=minutes,(as in '=hours,"=minutes).I was talking time,as the blokes behind me were,not distance.

Fair enough ayjay. I now understand what you were trying to say. I was just a little confused as to your use of the symbol abbreviation as I normally relate the " symbol to inches or even as an angle degree breakdown symbol.

I don't mean to sound pedantic but as it appears that you are incorrectly using the angle abbreviation symbol and relating it to time, I just wanted to let you know that the correct symbol for minutes is ' as seconds are " ( http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/outside.html )

Good we've cleared that up.

The point is,I don't think they were ready for that many (don't know why not),and many missed the 1st 10 to 15 mins (or more) of the 1st half.Just shows how much TV rules the roost.I can remember being at Leichhardt (spelling??) many years ago,and the lines were massive to get in.They held the game for 10 to 15 mins to let more of the crowd in.Would Fox have the final say?If so,why wouldn't they put back their after match dribble for a few minutes to keep the fans happy?

ChuckWood said:

Lucky you. Does anyone know where I can see the game in Bali. Staying in Nusa Dua. Have to see the Steelers game next week.

I'll give you a dose of logic: go to Ticketmaster website on the weekend, buy your ticket then on the Monday, no lining up, straight into the ground. Better yet, become a season member.

As a season member I walked straight in, longest queue for me was getting the beverages when I got into the ground :)

Jono said:
I'll give you a dose of logic: go to Ticketmaster website on the weekend, buy your ticket then on the Monday, no lining up, straight into the ground. Better yet, become a season member.

As a season member I walked straight in, longest queue for me was getting the beverages when I got into the ground :)

Yep, even a 3 game membership is great for people that can't get out to every game and you can walk straight in and support the club at the same time. I can't wait to get another day shift job so i can get a full season membership again.

mickqld said:
ChuckWood said:

Lucky you. Does anyone know where I can see the game in Bali. Staying in Nusa Dua. Have to see the Steelers game next week.
I'd be slipping over to the Aussie bar in Kuta Mick. I'll be in Phuket the same time and have already booked a cpl ladyboys to get the beers!!:p

torana355 said:
Jono said:

Yep, even a 3 game membership is great for people that can't get out to every game and you can walk straight in and support the club at the same time. I can't wait to get another day shift job so i can get a full season membership again.

Actually, you are onto something here. Often times it takes a real negative experience before a person says, 'ok,ok, I need to bite the bullet and secure my place at Brookvale and never line up again.'
So this whole line fiasco - which, by the way, has happened many times before at may grounds when an unexpected large crowd turn up 30 minutes before game time - could be a turning point for an increase in membership. It definitely needs to be framed like that in selling the benefits to the punter. ;)

wombatgc said:
mickqld said:
ChuckWood said:

I'd be slipping over to the Aussie bar in Kuta Mick. I'll be in Phuket the same time and have already booked a cpl ladyboys to get the beers!!:p

Make sure you touch base with Cambo to get some pointers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4